Options

So, I missed the showcase deathless piece….

2»

Comments

• Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 211 ★★
    That's what I thought. I think having two pieces as permanent content, two pieces as timed content and one freebie piece is a decent balance. If you come to the game later and decide you want a Deathless champ and completely missed every piece 20000 units is a pretty big ask. I understand that you can't necessarily add enough end game content for four pieces but two across six months seems like a pretty reasonable ask.
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 313 ★★★
    I missed it too. I thought it ended Wednesday like everything else and just went to do it and its gone. Do the only thing you can to show dissatisfaction, which is the route I've taken, and don't spend money. I was never a whale but spent a decent amount over the years and that stopped recently and I know I'm not the only one. It's a game meant for enjoyment and frankly needing the be attentive daily and not enjoy playing at your own pace isn't enjoyable.
  • Options
    LufasoLufaso Posts: 110
    Wait you can buy a missing piece ? Where ?
    I missed the AW showcase too
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,560 ★★★★★

The two-week time limits on the showcase, on top of WoW, were awful.

At least I could go back and get that last guillotine piece when I felt like wasting revives against bahamet.

Comparing a permanent piece with a timed one...
    Great you got the point.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,312 ★★★★★
    I feel sorry for you
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,908 ★★★★★

The two-week time limits on the showcase, on top of WoW, were awful.

At least I could go back and get that last guillotine piece when I felt like wasting revives against bahamet.

Comparing a permanent piece with a timed one...
    Great you got the point.
    You can go back and get the deathless KG CCP one which is permanent...
  • Options
    FolkvangrFolkvangr Posts: 99

I missed it too. I thought it ended Wednesday like everything else and just went to do it and its gone. Do the only thing you can to show dissatisfaction, which is the route I've taken, and don't spend money. I was never a whale but spent a decent amount over the years and that stopped recently and I know I'm not the only one. It's a game meant for enjoyment and frankly needing the be attentive daily and not enjoy playing at your own pace isn't enjoyable.

We had 2 weeks, with a pretty clear timer

• Options
    Folkvangr said:

With a dozen other things going on, a regular schedule of events coming and going on Wednesday and you know real lives. I'll live without the KG and Kabam will be just fine without me spending on their product.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,597 ★★★★

Folkvangr said:

With a dozen other things going on, a regular schedule of events coming and going on Wednesday and you know real lives. I'll live without the KG and Kabam will be just fine without me spending on their product.
    See some of my replies earlier in the thread and I teach all about prioritizing.

Next lesson is time management, stay tuned!
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,148 ★★★★★

That's what I thought. I think having two pieces as permanent content, two pieces as timed content and one freebie piece is a decent balance. If you come to the game later and decide you want a Deathless champ and completely missed every piece 20000 units is a pretty big ask. I understand that you can't necessarily add enough end game content for four pieces but two across six months seems like a pretty reasonable ask.

Lufaso said:

Wait you can buy a missing piece ? Where ?
    I missed the AW showcase too

It’s not available yet. Probably be there tomorrow when KG is available in game.
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★
    edited April 2
    xLunatiXx said:

I vaguely remember them saying at one point they'd look into rereleasing pieces outside of units offers for people who just straight up missed the event. But I doubt it'll happen any time soon, I also might be wrong and even if I'm correct it was a MAYBE

I'm gonna miss the WoW piece so I'll just bite the bullet and spend units on the piece

That's simply wrong
    Just putting this here with a time stamp and the video, it is not simply wrong. Crashed talked about it in a livestream.
    Emphasis on the word MAY but it has been mentioned
    @xLunatiXx see here

• Options

Folkvangr said:

See some of my replies earlier in the thread and I teach all about prioritizing.

It's a video game, I'm not sure you're coming across as the wise planner you think are.
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Me thinking this was gonna be couple sentences after he said short
  • Options

Folkvangr said:

It's a video game, I'm not sure you're coming across as the wise planner you think are.
    Its a video game, EXACTLY, so missing out on some things shouldn't be so dramatic ..
  • Options

Folkvangr said:

Its a video game, EXACTLY, so missing out on some things shouldn't be so dramatic ..
    Yet to see any dramatic from myself or really anyone in here. Weird to think people's confusion at it ending before the usual time as being dramatic.
  • Options
    IlociaM97IlociaM97 Posts: 107
    That's the point, now expend your money
  • Options

Folkvangr said:

Yet to see any dramatic from myself or really anyone in here. Weird to think people's confusion at it ending before the usual time as being dramatic.
    Did it have a timer?
  • Options
    FolkvangrFolkvangr Posts: 99
    edited April 2

Folkvangr said:

Sure, that’s why I did first time I logged in after it came out
    Didn’t take more than 10 min
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,738 Guardian

Now, I will probably still try to save up units (I’m around 500 now) in order to buy the piece since that’s basically my only way to continue, but I really wish that there was some permanent added 6th option for summoners that could be like a make-up piece for them for each deathless champ that could be a difficult challenge, but wasn’t just a simple unit-wall, and could alleviate a bit of the stress of perfectly achieving all of these unique milestones. I’m sure there are arguments on the other side of this perspective that are more complex than just “just don’t forget or suck it up and pay a huge number of units”, but one piece of each champion was quite literally sent out in an in-game mail, so I don’t know how solid any of those arguments could be.

Option #2: Buy valiant daily offers. There's two runestones in each offer, so to make up for losing ten you'd need to buy five, for about $25 USD.

As to "catch up" challenges, the argument against those is that the whole point of the Deathless challenges is to be a difficult chase that requires players to be proficient in a lot of areas of the game. A catch up challenge would a) need to decide which part of the game you're going to offer an advantage to and b) make it less necessary to show that proficiency elsewhere.

In other words, if you make the catch up challenge, say, something like the AW showcase, then anyone really good at that could skip, say, the BG GC requirement. Or what if we made it something different than all previous challenges, like say an arena challenge. What do you say to the people who don't want to grind arena? How do you justify that people who are fine with grinding arenas get the huge advantage of getting a piece selector that lets them opt out of one of the other challenges?

No matter what the requirements are, there will always be someone who says why they should lose just because they missed one little thing. The point to requirements is that they are required.

Plus, there are two Nightcrawlers out there, the 6* and the 7*. Of course everyone wants the 7*, but the runestones are not all or nothing. If you fail to get all the runestones required for the 7* there is still the consolation prize of the 6* version, who would still be relevant in the current game and requires a lot less effort. So this is not about Kabam having no mercy for players who miss just one little thing from being totally left out. You can spend cash to make it up. You can spend units to make it up. Or you can settle for the 6*. This is really about how many mulligans should Kabam be required to give out for the absolute best reward for a set of very challenging requirements.

This is not about average players doing average things for average rewards that need some help. This is about top tier players doing top tier things for top tier rewards still asking for help. I think it is fair for Kabam to hold the line here, because if not here, where?
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,211 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Now, I will probably still try to save up units (I’m around 500 now) in order to buy the piece since that’s basically my only way to continue, but I really wish that there was some permanent added 6th option for summoners that could be like a make-up piece for them for each deathless champ that could be a difficult challenge, but wasn’t just a simple unit-wall, and could alleviate a bit of the stress of perfectly achieving all of these unique milestones. I’m sure there are arguments on the other side of this perspective that are more complex than just “just don’t forget or suck it up and pay a huge number of units”, but one piece of each champion was quite literally sent out in an in-game mail, so I don’t know how solid any of those arguments could be.

Option #2: Buy valiant daily offers. There's two runestones in each offer, so to make up for losing ten you'd need to buy five, for about $25 USD.

As to "catch up" challenges, the argument against those is that the whole point of the Deathless challenges is to be a difficult chase that requires players to be proficient in a lot of areas of the game. A catch up challenge would a) need to decide which part of the game you're going to offer an advantage to and b) make it less necessary to show that proficiency elsewhere.

In other words, if you make the catch up challenge, say, something like the AW showcase, then anyone really good at that could skip, say, the BG GC requirement. Or what if we made it something different than all previous challenges, like say an arena challenge. What do you say to the people who don't want to grind arena? How do you justify that people who are fine with grinding arenas get the huge advantage of getting a piece selector that lets them opt out of one of the other challenges?

No matter what the requirements are, there will always be someone who says why they should lose just because they missed one little thing. The point to requirements is that they are required.

Plus, there are two Nightcrawlers out there, the 6* and the 7*. Of course everyone wants the 7*, but the runestones are not all or nothing. If you fail to get all the runestones required for the 7* there is still the consolation prize of the 6* version, who would still be relevant in the current game and requires a lot less effort. So this is not about Kabam having no mercy for players who miss just one little thing from being totally left out. You can spend cash to make it up. You can spend units to make it up. Or you can settle for the 6*. This is really about how many mulligans should Kabam be required to give out for the absolute best reward for a set of very challenging requirements.

This is not about average players doing average things for average rewards that need some help. This is about top tier players doing top tier things for top tier rewards still asking for help. I think it is fair for Kabam to hold the line here, because if not here, where?
    I'm sorry but he's talking about missing the KG piece not NC..
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,738 Guardian
    xLunatiXx said:

DNA3000 said:

Dang. You know what, save that for when someone complains about the runestones, and then point them here.

The Deathless King Groot one, your only option there is to grind units in the arena unless you want to buy them. Fortunately the option to buy pieces is not temporary, so you can spend all the time you want grinding those units ouot.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,645 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

xLunatiXx said:

DNA3000 said:

Dang. You know what, save that for when someone complains about the runestones, and then point them here.

The Deathless King Groot one, your only option there is to grind units in the arena unless you want to buy them. Fortunately the option to buy pieces is not temporary, so you can spend all the time you want grinding those units ouot.
    Lol, to be fair, I did include the fact that I was trying to focus on too many things, including Nightcrawler, so it's not like it wasn't applicable.

To your point (as one of the few people who actually responded to my request/suggestion/constructive complaint), I definitely understand the necessity of some sort of line being drawn eventually for high-tier rewards. There are definitely backups for both the NC and KG collection to support people who mess up like I did. let me try to sum up in actually a few words my reasoning:
    1. Clearly I made a mistake. I could certainly have taken time out of my day to do Showcase earlier, and that was my choice to leave it for (what I thought was) the final day or two.
    2. There are things that could alleviate similar problems for players in the future that don't break the game or require Kabam to trivialize anything. I assume that Kabam wants happier players and less frustration in gameplay (other than the natural frustration of challenging content).
    3. I pointed out several pain points in my experience (eg. an overwhelming number of gameplay options that are all well-incentivised, an odd schedule for a particular timed event, and a long multi-step event that has a huge cost for even a simple timing mistake).
    4. I tried to suggest a way to decrease some of those pain points for future events that Kabam can either take or not. I hoped that would make it sound less like a complaint and more of a wellness check type of post. Guess that didn't come across.
    The difference with KG (as opposed to NC) is that there is a much higher cost in gameplay experience in missing out on any deathless champ piece than any regular champ because of the unique acquisition methods and necessity of timing in said acquisition to continue the rest of the hunt.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,159 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

xLunatiXx said:

DNA3000 said:

The difference with KG (as opposed to NC) is that there is a much higher cost in gameplay experience in missing out on any deathless champ piece than any regular champ because of the unique acquisition methods and necessity of timing in said acquisition to continue the rest of the hunt.
    Yes that's the point wtf lol
  • Options
    People would have worked harder if the purchase piece was 10k instead of 5k
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 669 ★★★

It's called prioritizing. The timers were there, the mail was there to tell you when it was starting, it's not like there was a lack of info.

You didn't prioritize the piece, obviously, and now you're complaining about it because of other content that had nothing to do with a deathless piece.

It's nobody's fault but your own if you didn't prioritize and didn't get the piece.

I agree with this, I used to have time to do all the objectives and side projects, lately I don’t have as much time so I have to pick and choose what to go for. I don’t expect to be able to get everything with limited effort, that wouldn’t be fair to the people actually putting the time and effort into this game. Choose what’s the most important for you in the game and what things you can live without.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,645 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

xLunatiXx said:

DNA3000 said:

Which is also the point of my whole post. Deathless champ importance means that acquisition methods deserve significant thought and thus would benefit most from community feedback. Said cost doesnt mean that the answer should just be stapling an arbitrrily high unit price to the items instead of at least hearing alternative methods of maintaining exclusivity without making the chase needlessly painful for all parties.

Sure, a mistake in scheduling could just come with a unit cost (when unit acquisition is pretty universally un-enjoyable and tedious), but it also could be an added interesting sidequest or something.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,597 ★★★★

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

xLunatiXx said:

DNA3000 said:

Which is also the point of my whole post. Deathless champ importance means that acquisition methods deserve significant thought and thus would benefit most from community feedback. Said cost doesnt mean that the answer should just be stapling an arbitrrily high unit price to the items instead of at least hearing alternative methods of maintaining exclusivity without making the chase needlessly painful for all parties.

Sure, a mistake in scheduling could just come with a unit cost (when unit acquisition is pretty universally un-enjoyable and tedious), but it also could be an added interesting sidequest or something.
    Again, everything comes down to prioritizing.
    You didn't prioritize, as I'm sure others didn't, and now you pay the price.

Stop asking for handouts because you can't prioritize, and learn the hard lesson.

No, absolutely Kabam should NOT add additional ways to get chase items/champs.

You had 2 weeks.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

xLunatiXx said:

DNA3000 said:

Its just like in the real world. If you miss an application deadline you missed the opportunity and have to let it go. U missed the piece and Kabam was even nice enough to give u another chance to buy yourway out so u should be thankful