Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Addressing the State of Alliance Wars - Changes and Comp Planned [UPDATED]

Comments

• Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,053 ★★★
    edited April 2
    So are you removing the win rating for those alliances that won as well? You are basically screwing those alliances twice.
  • Options
    Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★
    PIKESTAIN said:

So to recap…….

We won this war fair and square. We get matched up due to the win….. and the win doesn’t count. Fun times

Exactly what I was saying. Matchmaking is based on war rating and rankings basically but once war 7 doesn't count then the next wars are all affected because if u win war 7 u get tougher schedule after that, if you lose war 7 then u get easier schedule that's how it works on principle. Everything they do makes things worse.
  • Options
    Heck33Heck33 Posts: 12
    It’s almost like deciding to change the scoring framework mid-season led to knock on effects that nobody could have seen coming
  • Options
    What_A_MessWhat_A_Mess Posts: 22
    BigBlueOx said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We have an update:

Due to the issue with Diversity scoring during War #7, this war will not count towards the season scoring.
    Considering this issue, added to the messy season thus far, the compensation will be as follows:
    General compensation for everyone that participated in S48 - A full season's worth of victory rewards at 3 Battlegroups regardless of how many BGs they ran

We have added the above to the body of the original message as well.

Thank you for your continued patience; apologies for the inconveniences.

This doesn’t address why isn’t the season cancelled?
    Again, I suspect they are even capable of doing this.
  • Options
    DarthMysticDarthMystic Posts: 57
    And these points will be deducted before the next war right? So we all know exactly where we stand for the next three wars? If the last time they did this is an example the answer is no and people on the tier cutoffs get to sweat it out. This is silly
  • Options
    adegokefuad1adegokefuad1 Posts: 7
    edited April 2
    Absolute joke of the company! Cancel the season, it'll serve better. What about SGA vs 4Loki? 4Loki placed 7 Serpents, 4 Bullseye and 4Loki still lost 14-18. Diversity did not even matter, despite they tried to cheese the war and yet still lost. We grind out difficult war and now you cancel it? Be ashamed.

Last season you f*cked us up with Raids bug and this season stripping away well earnt win where diversity did not even matter. Are you serious mate?
  • Options
    CycobillyCycobilly Posts: 28
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We have an update:

Due to the issue with Diversity scoring during War #7, this war will not count towards the season scoring.
    Considering this issue, added to the messy season thus far, the compensation will be as follows:
    General compensation for everyone that participated in S48 - A full season's worth of victory rewards at 3 Battlegroups regardless of how many BGs they ran

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Then I want the compensation for the real units that I spent on boosts on that war. Round about 1800 units for 3 indestructible, a few ps1, full set of 6 hour greater rainbow boosts and I think 2 mystic 200% power back boosts. But in honesty it should be for the whole season if this is how it’s going to be.

• Options
    KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    Kabam over here trying to make a messy season even worse I see lol
  • Options
    AOLOGAOLOG Posts: 20
    I honestly had to double check what day they posted this recent solution... I honestly thought it may have been posted yesterday as satire.
  • Options
    BettaLucNxtTimeBettaLucNxtTime Posts: 158 ★★

i don't envy kabam. lots of pissed off players no matter what method you choose. it's probably easier just cancelling the season and overcompensating players a little than averaging it out.

It’s their fault. They changed scoring mid season, implemented a fix mid season, which they started early, then came up with the worst possible fix ever.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Come think about it, it really doesn't matter. The average MCoC player has short time memory and forgets about everything as soon as a sale or deal comes up.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,591 ★★★★★
    AW really just went full on “hold my beer”…

• Options
    PissedOffParagonPissedOffParagon Posts: 60
    The response from Kabam is another disappointment, it feels like clowns are making these decisions and this entire war season is a horrendous farce. It’s a shame we are the ones who pay the price. I sincerely hope and wish that they lose quite some revenue because of what they did this season and how they treat the community. The community is outraged and you don’t seem to bother (the solution proposed is like a slap in the face) by telling us to continue playing this charade. Be ashamed Kabam
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We have an update:

Jax,
    please listen, this is horrible, even worse than doing nothing.
    My 2 cents: sit down with the person made the decision, and ask him/her if he/she is 100% sure about doing this, taking away a win from those who spent ton of resources and did actually win the war, and also ask 500 7-star shards is enough for those used 400 units on potions and tons of boosts, and significant time on war planning.
  • Options
    FieryWaterFieryWater Posts: 51
    Whoever at Kabam came up with this decision is out of their f*cking minds. This is absolute nonsense. Is it something you guys came up with after hours of discussions, or in conjunction with CCP members who were on the losing sides that war? Either way, you lot at Kabam are either out of touch and incompetent or just blatantly favoring specific alliances, neither of which is healthy for such a competitive and resource-intensive game mode.

If Kabam had any bit of common sense, they'd keep the War 7 scores, AND provide the full compensation package.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 573 ★★★★
    cancel the season, give 12x victory rewards as mentioned (mostly loyalty compensation) and give tier rewards that are one above where everyone currently stands.

quick and easy. no sense trying the surgical option that upsets players and doesn't really make everyone whole. a little goes a long way, this was a brutal season.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,097 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We have an update:

Thank you for the update. So if this is correct our compensation will be a whole season rewards and next week when season ends we’ll get the season rewards for this season? Or am I wrong?
  • Options
    LPtheArtist_666LPtheArtist_666 Posts: 7
    There isn't just a podium, there aren't just three alliances, there is a system to preserve.
    It would be enough not to be a fan and look at the general correctness of a decision, not exclusively at one's own small interest.
    It would be enough not to be kids playing MCOC but mature people with a wealth of knowledge and culture.
    There were substantial conditions for a cancellation of the seventh war, as well as for the continuation of the season.
    The principle of continuity and the least possible impact are pivotal in complex situations.
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,053 ★★★
    edited April 2
    Honestly it’s completely ridiculous.

End the season. Give everyone 1 tier above (the precedent you set a few seasons back) where they currently are and call it a day. This season has had so many issues that this newest “solution” is the straw that broke the camels back here.

Just end this disaster.
  • Options
    BettaLucNxtTimeBettaLucNxtTime Posts: 158 ★★
    @Midnightfox wrong. That would be treat. It’s rewards for winning every war. So tier 1 gets about 500 7* shards x 12 wars. Compensation totaling like 6-7k shards along with loyalty and that’s it.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,097 ★★★
    Yeah. End the season and give everyone one tier above where they are and call it a season. Comp does not make a difference if @BettaLucNxtTime is calling it right.
  • Options

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We have an update:

Thank you for the update. So if this is correct our compensation will be a whole season rewards and next week when season ends we’ll get the season rewards for this season? Or am I wrong?
    From the description, one war reward
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 573 ★★★★
    kabam, please think about player psychology right now. it was a brutal season that needed TWO nerfs in the middle of it, wasted a lot of resources, came with season damaging bugs, and now a war isn't even counting for those that legitimately won it.

the worst thing i can think of is doing a partial solution then throwing players back in the mud for another week of this misery. just end it.

give tier rewards that are one higher where everyone currently stands (that's good shard compensation) and instead of giving victory rewards 12x just give the loyalty that comes from 12x wins and that's good loyalty compensation for a such an overly difficult season.
  • Options
    Man2thMan2th Posts: 48
    Just when you thought Kabam was doing something positive to right the levels of the wrong it goes full WTF.

The hell with AW and the game.
This discussion has been closed.