**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Addressing the State of Alliance Wars - Changes and Comp Planned [UPDATED]

Comments

• Options
    augustfromcnaugustfromcn Posts: 13
    Why not just end the season and send rewards according to the ranking of the end of #W06
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 675 ★★★★
    edited April 3

Why not just end the season and send rewards according to the ranking of the end of #W06

the mode's now tied to crystal sales and the SAGA ecosystem. we're stuck with whatever they give us...
  • Options
    Doctor_Doom94Doctor_Doom94 Posts: 65
    Just when we expect a smart move from kabam. Here comes another completely out of context move.
    So many threads on this post , clearly stating season is in not good state to play with so many issues & yet here you are.pushing it for full season.
    Not only that, due to your fault regarding a update pushed early than expected , we as alliances that won fair & square their 7th war.. now means nothing.

."This literally can effect the tier & bracket change for many of us"
  • Options
    FisefarFisefar Posts: 83
    We need you to fix the game and stop rolling out bs compensation.
    This response is just as bad as the early rollout of diversity points. Do better!!!
  • Options
    FunnyDude said:

No more comment from Kabam, I guess it's beer time for them already, too late for checking community feedbacks.

checking the forums while at the bar...

"man those bozos are still crying about some pixels"
  • Options
    ThiartcThiartc Posts: 276 ★★
    this feel like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound to the head
  • Options
    another thing. trophy champs are being tied to seasons (7* OG SW) and i'm guessing it has a rigid schedule, so we're stuck with whatever we get.

• Options
    ShinyyoungsterShinyyoungster Posts: 12
    Everyone will have a story of how they and their alliance have been individually affected by not only the original mess of the season so far but also the proposed solution. Shouldn’t really be about the individual impact though. It should be about the majority. My ally happens to benefit from cancelling #7, but some don’t, and that’s where this is a nonsense of a solution. It doesn’t recompense the boosts and units people used, nor does it account for a majority of people and how they feel about it as a whole. The only solution that will work for a majority of people is to cancel the season
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 491 ★★★★

This is what we are getting rid of for reference. We had less deaths with better diversity. Absolutely zero reason this fair win needs to get taken away from us. Absurd and pathetic “solution”

As I said, I seriously suspect Kabam understands how hard this game is, and how stressful AW is. They keep releasing harder and harder contents, then treat players efforts as trash.
  • Options
    there's an ecosystem to war now that makes reversal very slow:

-SAGA rewards that involve sig stones and rankup materials
    -AW tags that use the above materials and may later be involved in SHOWCASE content
    -war specific featured crystals for sale (xmagica crystals)
    -trophy champions given to top players

these structures involve money, economy, and probably have strict schedules and timelines that didn't exist before. i think it's why they're forcing the season instead of cancelling it. it's giant slow moving boulder now which is not good for players when issues come up...
  • Options
    ShrodinbergShrodinberg Posts: 14
    Is this just the compensation for thé diversity change coming earlier or the global compensation ?
  • Options
    edited April 3

-AW tags that use the above materials and may later be involved in SHOWCASE content

these structures involve money, economy, and probably have strict schedules and timelines that didn't exist before. i think it's why they're forcing the season instead of cancelling it. it's giant slow moving boulder now which is not good for players when issues come up...

Then do nothing and just give out compensation, removing war-7 is the dummies idea I can imagine.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 748 ★★★★

This is what we are getting rid of for reference. We had less deaths with better diversity. Absolutely zero reason this fair win needs to get taken away from us. Absurd and pathetic “solution”

And as you can see with the big nerf in tactic has us back to nearly single figure deaths.

The original tactic was broken and now the nerf has gone too far and people will be at 0 deaths again.

Need to test **** better and get right balance

• Options
    Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★

It’s very hard to say what’s fair or not. Maybe season rewards should be given out based on wars 1-6.

War 7 being cancelled without any rating (win / loss record or whatever determines matches) adjustment doesn’t make the rest of the season fair.

For example an alliance won war 7 and got a tougher match next war because the rating was higher and they had more wins in the season.
    Which is fair

Another alliance lost war 7 and got an easier match next war, also fair

Now you’re saying war 7 didn’t happen.
    Ok

Then what do we do with wars 8-9 where alliances got matches they wouldn’t be getting if war 7 wasn’t a thing? Tougher or easier ones

Victories and losses happened in war 7 and further matches were based on that (some got an easier match, some a harder one).
    It’s already off and deducting war 7 points won’t fix it

The only way it could be fixed would be cancelling war 7, pausing the season, removing the record of wins and losses and continuing after that. Too late now

Either count war 7 or do not count war 7 and the rest of the season. If wars 8-9 had followed war 6 the current leaderboard rankings wouldn’t be the same because matches would’ve been different

ETA: our issue is wasted effort in war 7 and the war being cancelled after 2 more wars happened. When wars 8-9 happened the assumption was war 7 was counted and the wars were approached accordingly with war 7 results in mind. If something is cancelled it should be done at once and not a week later. Alliances that had more wins in the season possibly felt secure not to win every single match after.

this is the core of the entire problem. This is why kabam shouldn't do half-assed things as giving out crappy compensations for victories when the real problem is in the final rank rewards. Sure giving us a bunch of shards and loyalty is not a bad thing. But that's irrelevant when compared to missing out masters top 10 or top 20 or even podium or even first place. Everything is getting affected. Matchmaking, the will to push or not to push based on current rankings... everything. One thing is for sure and that is we're getting screwed regardless. All because they fail to understand that they need to test their content before release. And even then we tell them that the nodes are not working and there are issues and they don't even consider postponing season to adjust for that. No they let it start and make us endure all that bs and then they change the rules halfway through and of course they break everything
  • Options
    Kabam will check your comments next morning with hangover
  • Options
    i get that in live games content is not always fully baked but at this point we're paying kabam to beta their game and begging them to give us some breathing room.
  • Options
    Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 106 ★★
    @Kabam Jax you guys need to at least give us the next bracket of final season rewards too. Giving us a seasons worth of victory rewards isn’t fixing the fact that there is a good chance my alliance is going to finish p2 instead of p1, loosing out on t4a, titan shards, t6cc, t3a, t4b, and every other catalyst.
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We have an update:

Due to the issue with Diversity scoring during War #7, this war will not count towards the season scoring.
    Considering this issue, added to the messy season thus far, the compensation will be as follows:
    General compensation for everyone that participated in S48 - A full season's worth of victory rewards at 3 Battlegroups regardless of how many BGs they ran

We have added the above to the body of the original message as well.

Thank you for your continued patience; apologies for the inconveniences.

• Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 838 ★★★★
    So no potions included in the compensation….you tried Kabam, you tried
  • Options
    Mimi27Mimi27 Posts: 13
    PiratexAI said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We have an update:

Due to the issue with Diversity scoring during War #7, this war will not count towards the season scoring.
    Considering this issue, added to the messy season thus far, the compensation will be as follows:
    General compensation for everyone that participated in S48 - A full season's worth of victory rewards at 3 Battlegroups regardless of how many BGs they ran

This is by far the worst joke ever… one would think this was supposed to be maybe an April’s fools day joke or something!

How in the world would this even begin to come close to the huge amount of loyalty and units spent for items this season… the overwhelming amounts of bugs and broken interactions with this tactic and some nodes and heroes is just out of this world and has made everyone spend an ungodly amount of resources and you think this will suffice… it’s seems like the only thing you dear kabam are trying is to make people just leave this game!

I don’t comment much on the forums but this just made me have a bad day and really think if this company is actually worth my time and money… the uter disregard and ignorance on the awful state of the game is beyond offensive to the whole community that helped you get from nothing to where you are!

I really hope you wake up in time and make a considerable effort to save the game because you already have it on the way to the digital graveyard!
    Wow my first reply was deleted. I agree 100% with you. This is a shameful response and Kabam should be embarrassed. I can't believe a company actually thought this through and decided this is the best response. When the community is BEGGING you to do something and you do nothing for days and keep pushing forward with your "messy AW season", that is really unbelievable.
  • Options
    TreininTreinin Posts: 215 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We have an update:

Since I mistakenly posted on a side thread, want to reiterate here. This is NOT a good solution. You are invalidating important wars that were played fairly, without impact from diversity scoring, from the title race. You have changed the top 3 with this decision as a result of a bug that did not impact the top 3 in the first place.

We only play each alliance once as rematches were removed, every matchup is crucially important.

I fully agree something needed to be done to compensate allies who may have dropped down a ranking due to the a loss that was based in Diversity. Instead of rashly cancelling 1 war (especially when there were OTHER bugs with placement impacting the results of other wars..), you should simply have compensated by bumping everyone up one tier in rewards. That way, if you were negatively impacted by the bug and dropped to a ranking lower than you should have had, you get the proper rewards. If you were positively impacted, well you just get extra rewards, so who can complain?

Won't say anymore on it, but this has deeply impacted my alliance's morale as we have gone from controlling our own destiny to needing another alliance we won't play again to lose.

Gutted by this ill thought out resolution.
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 183 ★★
    At this point I think we all just want to put this season behind us. Instead, they don’t cancel the season, and also tell all of us who legitimately won, that due to THEIR egregious mistake, we’re going to be punished by having the win taken away. I really hope moving forward they listen to the player base more because their response to this whole season has seemed so out of touch and tone deaf. Just slap in the face after slap in the face.
  • Options
    Animatrix240Animatrix240 Posts: 89
    victor158 said:

Crys23 said:

Points adjustment for diversity it's an overcorrection. Even if full attack bonus is lost on a duplicate defender (240), it wont matter since you gain 270 in diversity.
    Should've been like 150 per unique defender, so anyone placing duplicates would want at least 2 kills from that defender. Or 220, get 3 kills to offeset the diversity loss.
    I get that you want to promote full diversity, but removing duplicate defenders as a strategy option seems like another poor design choice.

Also, you listed the new timers as 10/15/20, so the stack limits should read as 5/4/3, since the 10s goes with the 5stacks, 15 with 4, 20 with 3.

No thanks. I'd rather not have 7 bullseye and 2 serpents on each bg map. Maybe y'all like that tho
    I had no idea higher rank alliances were dealing with this 😭. I got upset from the diversity change. But man does it look like we needed it.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,641 ★★★★★
    PIKESTAIN said:

At this point I think we all just want to put this season behind us. Instead, they don’t cancel the season, and also tell all of us who legitimately won, that due to THEIR egregious mistake, we’re going to be punished by having the win taken away. I really hope moving forward they listen to the player base more because their response to this whole season has seemed so out of touch and tone deaf. Just slap in the face after slap in the face.

3rd season in a row of completely tone deaf responses. I’m expecting this circus to repeat itself when the tactic after magic thief is introduced. 2024 seems to be the year of plowing stubbornly ahead.
  • Options
    Animatrix240Animatrix240 Posts: 89
    Crys23 said:

Points adjustment for diversity it's an overcorrection. Even if full attack bonus is lost on a duplicate defender (240), it wont matter since you gain 270 in diversity.
    Should've been like 150 per unique defender, so anyone placing duplicates would want at least 2 kills from that defender. Or 220, get 3 kills to offeset the diversity loss.
    I get that you want to promote full diversity, but removing duplicate defenders as a strategy option seems like another poor design choice.

Also, you listed the new timers as 10/15/20, so the stack limits should read as 5/4/3, since the 10s goes with the 5stacks, 15 with 4, 20 with 3.

Agree and disagree at the same time. The diversity points are nice, cause it prevents other players from abusing certain nodes. But it’s also bad cause not everyone has an abundance on resources to just swap defenders like that on the fly. I’m saving my resources for an R2 bishop, so I don’t have resources to build up different defenders yet.
  • Options
    SteveK1976SteveK1976 Posts: 4
    How about a 7* loyalty crystal for everyone too...
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 183 ★★

If that’s the case, please launch sagas into the sun.
This discussion has been closed.