**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Addressing the State of Alliance Wars - Changes and Comp Planned [UPDATED]

Comments

• Options
    MoghazyMoghazy Posts: 51
    The compensation is too less. I prefer getting loyalty over potions cos I can use them whenever I want rather than potions expiring before war season begins but it's not even close to what people have lost during this entire season. Besides this compensation, kabam should also give 1 tier above rewards...just my suggestion.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,592 ★★★★★
    I can play only 2 wars this season in my ally? Am I eligible to compensation?
  • Options
    SaltygoodnessSaltygoodness Posts: 355 ★★
    Point adjustment won’t do anything at this point because two wars have passed and the result of war 7 affected matches in war 8 (easier / harder based on loss / win) and that in turn affected matches in war 9.

It’s too late to undo now and it is honestly way too late to cancel war 7.

Just bump rewards up a tier, don’t cancel any wars at this point.

Alliances that are going to be robbed of a win they earned in war 7 are now possibly losing a higher tier of rewards (random punishment just because a win happened in war 7)

Some alliances have a war 7 loss cancelled where they legitimately lost (random bonus for them which wasn’t earned in any way)

Make it right without punishing higher tier alliances
  • Options
    Noobmaster555Noobmaster555 Posts: 79
    Just because of this war season I have to take a break because this season was so stressful and dumb that I don't wanna play it for sometime.
  • Options
    Noobmaster555Noobmaster555 Posts: 79
    edited April 3
    Hey @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax can you please confirm that if I have to be in the same alliance in which I played the season for the compensation? Or it's not necessary?
  • Options
    LPtheArtist_666LPtheArtist_666 Posts: 10
    Do you have a better solution?
    The cancellation of the seventh war is the lesser evil because it allows the continuity of the system to be preserved (unlike the cancellation of the season).
    If everyone stopped looking at their own little interest it would be the only wise thing to do. In fact, immediately after the seventh war those who had lost were complaining, today those who won are complaining... that's life.
    ... and then those who are on the podium complain as if they were the only ones playing MCOC ... when it comes to a small number of alliances. MCOC belongs to everyone, and above all there are complexities that individual players cannot (or do not they want) to understand.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 491 ★★★★
    PIKESTAIN said:

Do you have a better solution?
    The cancellation of the seventh war is the lesser evil because it allows the continuity of the system to be preserved (unlike the cancellation of the season).
    If everyone stopped looking at their own little interest it would be the only wise thing to do. In fact, immediately after the seventh war those who had lost were complaining, today those who won are complaining... that's life.
    ... and then those who are on the podium complain as if they were the only ones playing MCOC ... when it comes to a small number of alliances. MCOC belongs to everyone, and above all there are complexities that individual players cannot (or do not they want) to understand.

It’s not our job to come up with solutions. This is about the 5/6 error with this season, and none of them are little. It’s their job to come up with the best solution possible, and I don’t think this is anywhere near it. Season should have been cancelled at the midpoint. Now they’re invalidating a whole war. That does not seem like the best solution at all.
    Yep, there are plenty of reasons for them to cancel the season at the end of week-2, but they didn't. Now everything falls apart.
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,887 Guardian
    FunnyDude said:

Kabam will check your comments next morning with hangover

You can stop your passive aggressive comments. Please stay consturctive, there are a lot of pissed folks (including myself), but comments like this do not help.
  • Options
    What_A_MessWhat_A_Mess Posts: 39
    edited April 3
    don't know how to fix
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,159 ★★★
    Well my guess is the compensation only came up because the top alliances started doing what everyone else was doing. 1 loyalty wars. Lost income if people aren’t spending to buy heals
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,499 ★★★★★
    There really isnt any way to be constructive when a decision has been taken. There has been times where mistakes happen and even the tone of communication was different and there was some hope. This is not one of them. Just bite the bullet like we have done many times before, and play the game knowing that sometimes they just don't care or are not allowed to care.
    Things like this make the community not really care about the community anymore. This does not affect players individually., it affects alliances as a whole. The ammount of recruiting posts and looking for alliance that are going on in the forum and multiple discords is completely unusual for this time in the season. Things like this break alliances apart and makes enjoying every aspect of the game impossible.
    They have their distraction for the players comming soon. 8.4 is comming and all this will be forgotten.
  • Options
    SaltygoodnessSaltygoodness Posts: 355 ★★

Well my guess is the compensation only came up because the top alliances started doing what everyone else was doing. 1 loyalty wars. Lost income if people aren’t spending to buy heals

If the idea is to keep top war spenders happy it won’t accomplish it with loyalty.

The point being made in comments above is that podium and master top 10/20 ranks are going to be artificially altered at season end in a way that wasn’t earned with this war cancellation.

Extra loyalty will not solve anything
  • Options
    BettaLucNxtTimeBettaLucNxtTime Posts: 161 ★★
    edited April 3
    Extra loyalty and 6k 7* shards is peanuts compared to what a change in placement bracket can do. It’s just poorly thought out not even considering the effort it takes to EARN your rank. @Midnightfox
  • Options
    ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 173

Point adjustment won’t do anything at this point because two wars have passed and the result of war 7 affected matches in war 8 (easier / harder based on loss / win) and that in turn affected matches in war 9.

It’s too late to undo now and it is honestly way too late to cancel war 7.

Just bump rewards up a tier, don’t cancel any wars at this point.

Alliances that are going to be robbed of a win they earned in war 7 are now possibly losing a higher tier of rewards (random punishment just because a win happened in war 7)

Some alliances have a war 7 loss cancelled where they legitimately lost (random bonus for them which wasn’t earned in any way)

Make it right without punishing higher tier alliances

Bumping rewards up a tier would make sense , I agree there. And fair points about adjusting points now.

At least the what ifs can be erased with reward tier bump.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,980 ★★★★★
    My alliance or me :D is currently at low rank in Silver 2. Trying to hang on in the bracket for three more Wars.

The alliance lost on diversity points but won War #7.

I don't play War alot and this is certainly not the first time Game developer cancelled War or reduced the number of Wars qualifying for Season rewards.

And the attack phase is now almost two full days.

So, why no decision was taken immediately once the diversity points issue was known?

There could be debate that War issues is to be managed case-by-case, but for this specific issue is there no standard protocol for call to action? Maybe inaction is action itself.

It could have been a small 🕳️ , but now it gets bigger and bigger.
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,887 Guardian
    FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

Kabam will check your comments next morning with hangover

You can stop your passive aggressive comments. Please stay consturctive, there are a lot of pissed folks (including myself), but comments like this do not help.
    In the past 4 weeks, a lot of players gave constructive feedbacks, including myself, where are we now?
    Kabam should have canceled the season last week, as many of us suggested, but Kabam didn’t and now you are ask me to be constructive again, even I know Kabam wouldn’t listen at all?

So your solution is be as nasty as possible? This solution has made nobody happy and being nasty about it does absolutely no good.
  • Options
    BettaLucNxtTimeBettaLucNxtTime Posts: 161 ★★
    @PIKESTAIN yeah idk if they truly thought this was the best idea or if they just didn’t wanna deal with all the 87618 moving parts and problems with this season as a whole. They are definitely trying to be very very cautious with their next post. Trying to see if they can possible dig themselves out of the hole.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,499 ★★★★★

@PIKESTAIN yeah idk if they truly thought this was the best idea or if they just didn’t wanna deal with all the 87618 moving parts and problems with this season as a whole. They are definitely trying to be very very cautious with their next post. Trying to see if they can possible dig themselves out of the hole.

If moving parts was an issue, they shouldn't have made any changes mid season.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,159 ★★★
    No reason to target me @BettaLucNxtTime i agree. My alliance will likely drop out of where we were in platinum due to this. I’m just as irritated as the rest at what their “compensation” is. Things like this are killing the morale of alliances and honestly as much as we all love marvel most of us old timers(I’ve been playing since launch day) stay playing because of the friends we have made within our alliances. If their goal is to kill the game they are on target.
This discussion has been closed.