Options

Screen lock on The Maze.... just lost my chance at the 6* generic gem at the end of the month.

Just took a path on the Maze and couldn't see there wasn't a key there, and just like that, I'm gonna miss out on the 6* generic awakening gem at the end of the month. Spent my 3rd key from The Castling on it just to find out I just missed out on the biggest reward of the month for the side quest because I can't look around the quest map. Played this game for 9 years on and off and I have not seen many things quite as ridiculous. Why would we not be allowed to see the quest map??

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,072 ★★★★★
    I know how you feel. There aren't enough of these to go around.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited April 3
    Wait, the AG is for exploring the Vaults, not the Maze, correct?

EDIT
    OK, sorry... Missread which key we get from the solo objectives...
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,067 ★★★★★

Wait, the AG is for exploring the Vaults, not the Maze, correct?

Yes but the maze keys are consumed on entry so if you screw up that’s that.

I haven’t entered yet so don’t fully understand the issue
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,815 ★★★★★
    I just completed one path.

So if I am understanding OP, does the 🔑 get switched around (that will be most diabolical)?

Does the already travelled path not convert to “fixed line”?

Or it is clicking the same path by mistake?
  • Options
    GK625GK625 Posts: 18

I just completed one path.

So if I am understanding OP, does the 🔑 get switched around (that will be most diabolical)?

Does the already travelled path not convert to “fixed line”?

Or it is clicking the same path by mistake?

There are several paths the end on the same claimed key. But they have diff starting points.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,738 ★★★★
    Can someone give me the idiots guide to the new SQ? Used my brainpower finishing the WOW Gauntlet and a bunch of EQ TB paths so really don’t want to waste cycles trying to figure it out
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,815 ★★★★★
    Think I understand the issue.

Just take all outer paths, and I think should be good.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,072 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

You guys are just hating fr, and for what? Maybe the guy wanted an AG for a champ he just got, we don’t know his situation. And yeah the quest is designed in a kind of silly way. Maybe the rewards aren’t great for you but for someone else they could be. Imagine if there was something you wanted in this side quest (big ask i know, for some reason there’s an allergy to good SQ rewards these days). Doesn’t mean the quest isn’t poorly designed.

You must be new to the art of ball busting
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,738 ★★★★
    Vance2_jr said:

Yeah…this seems like straight up BS. I goofed on one path in the maze and now can’t complete the Rooks quest. This isn’t going to cut it, Kabam.

@Vance2_jr so what did you actually do vs. what you were apparently supposed to do?
  • Options
    IlociaM97IlociaM97 Posts: 105
    Reading still is the biggest weakness for an mcoc player
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,495 ★★★★
    Man I'd hate for you guys to have had to navigate act 4 and 5 originally. Over 2 energry refills on a lot of paths and have little branches you have to go to. Not to mention that quest in act 5 where you could go any direction on any node.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,481 ★★★
    Bruh why would they make the quest like that. I tried to do an inner path and it led me to where I have already taken a key like why
  • Options
    KlippKlipp Posts: 193 ★★
    Had the same issue as OP. I don't care about the awakening gem but now I'll miss out on a "cool" title and mysterium. You screen locked it so we could scroll over to double check what we are doing. I'd like my key back @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 573 ★★★★
    LexSavi said:

I’m concerned about this as well. The post outlining the event said 4 paths per map. Now there are 6? Meaning, even if you stick to a single threat level you’ll miss out on rewards?

I just went by side, thinking I needed exploration. If this is meant to be a maze where taking the wrong path means you’re SOL that’s not exactly player friendly, and Kabam should be pretty explicit about it in advance.

I think this is something Kabam needs to look at and fix.

yeah, can someone clarify this?
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited April 4

These are the 4 keys to get. I believe, with the additional paths they wanted to give players the possibility to reach the keys through multiple roads… In case someone miss-clicked at the beginning…

But they may have made it even more confusing… :/

Why are the maze keys even consumed, when the vault keys are not?
  • Options
    Cure2024Cure2024 Posts: 114 ★★
    Wow that is some next level BS. I thought they getting rid of this kind of sh*t by removing lock from LAB but I guess someone just recycled an old quest without checking if there was a screen lock in it.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,481 ★★★
    You can't even restart when you realise ur on the wrong path
  • Options
    Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Posts: 224 ★★

You can't even restart when you realise ur on the wrong path

Yes, happened to me, I messaged support but nothing yet
  • Options
    TV_Addict_2017TV_Addict_2017 Posts: 38
    i messed up! darn it.. i thought it was exploration so took the 2 bottom right paths
  • Options
    LexSaviLexSavi Posts: 167
    I tired messaging support as well. Except, I keep getting a message that it has not been submitted, and that I need to reply to an email in order to do so. The emails never come though… SMH.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,067 ★★★★★

These are the 4 keys to get. I believe, with the additional paths they wanted to give players the possibility to reach the keys through multiple roads… In case someone miss-clicked at the beginning…

But they may have made it even more confusing… :/

Why are the maze keys even consumed, when the vault keys are not?

In general, they have a concept that keys to enter a quest are consumed on entry, while keys used to unlock a path are returned on exit and only consumed on completion (like the flowers last month).