**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mastery Loadout Bugs are affecting OTHER masteries too, including Stupify's stun duration

LJFLJF Posts: 172 ★★★
I was fighting in EQ when I realized my stun durations seemed shorter than before. We all know the Mastery Loadout Bugs ("MLBs") are removing attack bonuses from Liquid Courage and Double Edge (aka the "suicide masteries"). But I have proof that MLBs are affecting other masteries too.

The proficiency tree in my active mastery Loadout looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/gWJHsW3.jpeg. You'll see that I have 3/3 Stupify, which should provide 0.5 seconds of additional duration on stuns.

I hopped into RoL with two Knulls and without touching my mastery tree. The full set of fights and changes is here: https://youtu.be/f8yaxA4R6n8.

This video shows three things:

1. Knull fighting RoL WS, I just went in without any mastery edits, so I have 3/3 Stupify equiped. You'll notice my parry stun expires before I can throw a Medium + Heavy. A shorter clip of this specific interaction is here: https://youtu.be/G2_hnWIHAB8.

2. I quit out and reset my Utility mastery tree to the exact same set of masteries I had before, especially and including 3/3 Stupify.

3. I return to fight WS with Knull, only this time the parry stun is plenty long enough to land a Medium and Heavy attack before the timer expires. https://youtu.be/O96WrhS2LqI.

So it's clear that MLBs are affecting at least one mastery behind the suicides. This is a problem in and of itself, but it reveals another larger issue. How many other masteries we can't reliably measure are bugged and/or not working? Are MLBs affecting Despair effectiveness? Or Willpower? What about Greater Precision and Greater Cruelty? How can we trust any mastery loadouts with MLBs disrupting... possibly every aspect of masteries, and thus every aspect of the game?

Comments

• Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 663 ★★★★
    Same thing here
  • Options
    RaselRanaRaselRana Posts: 8
    @Kabam Miike fixe this please 😭
  • Options
    Amino_89Amino_89 Posts: 12
    Same here
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,049 ★★★
    After seeing a couple threads like this one, I started to second guess my Mastery loadout as well, so I switched back to my "EDC" setup and reallocated every tree just to be safe. With AW matchmaking going on today, and the free loadout switching apparently going away tomorrow, I'm just going to leave my setup as it currently is so I'm not stuck getting shafted on units for something that works half the time.
  • Options
    WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 241 ★★★
    Yeh ibhad to reset my mysteries because I couldn't even parry heavy I arena 🤦‍♂️ honestly, the shot show continues... can this month get any worse 👀
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,779 ★★★★★
    I think it’s affecting Deep Wounds too. At this point I’m not sure that all masteries are working fine.
  • Options
    BluestoneBluestone Posts: 28
    Noticed that in aw , defenders acting like stun immune , then in EQ was very noticeable .
  • Options
    Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Posts: 224 ★★
    Huge issue especially when we have to start paying
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 663 ★★★★
    It's impossible to parry in AW with this bs, seriously kabam? Couldn't wait until the end of the season?
  • Options
    TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Posts: 107
    Glad I’m not the only one having these issues. Thought it was a node in EQ causing my parry stun to not work. This is a huge issue to fix.
  • Options
    JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 131
    Same here
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,173 ★★★★★

Kindly let me see the business test document for that new feature. I am sure that QA tested the interactions between the different masteries, especially when changing on to the other, before moving to production.

It must have been tested since this feature was years in the work?

Insert "we don't do that here" gif
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    tznyc said:

Pretty much anytime my game reloads, it seems that all my masteries fall off - my entire roster's PI drops by about 10%, without swapping loadouts.

Just 3 times today, I had to do a "dummy swap" (from 1 to 2, then back to 1) to get my roster looking normal again. I think I may have even done a few maze fights mastery-less..

I also randomly see the top middle of my screen showing 59 (i.e., that I have no points loaded). Really hoping the free swaps gets extended at least a few more days, or however long this takes to fix.

I 100% agree with this post...
  • Options
    eggesteggest Posts: 152
    Yep, the whole thing is bugging out
  • Options
    Red_Lightning02Red_Lightning02 Posts: 106
    Bro I just died in a super close war because the setup didn't show up even though I 10000% registered it on my end
  • Options
    ZsirhcZZsirhcZ Posts: 139
    @Kabam Miike

What is the progress here? Will free switching continue until the bugs are fixed? Right now, I have to reapply masteries every time I log in.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,055 ★★★★★
    So the free mastery switching feature ends by today or is there any plan to extend it as this mastery loadout feature is bugged as hell
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    I died to Shocker in AW this morning. He already shrugs off stuns quickly but you're usually good to get off 1 or 2 before it no longer registers. I noticed the master points randomly showing in my profile as well yesterday and today. Not sure how something like loadouts have already been in game before (BG's) can be so broke with this rollout. Disappointing.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,258 ★★★

Hey all,

Sorry for the late response. I did see this yesterday and reported it right away, but wasn't near a computer to respond to this thread. The team is aware and looking into it right now.

Dear Mike, currently is going on a lot of SQ issues too as you can see on other topics.

If someone can address what's happening and the solution, we thank you.

😊👍
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,323 ★★★★★

Hey all,

Sorry for the late response. I did see this yesterday and reported it right away, but wasn't near a computer to respond to this thread. The team is aware and looking into it right now.

Any idea if switching the loadouts will be free until the fix? I have to switch them out every 2-3 restarts. Have messed up twice in war because of the masteries already and if it’s going to be 35 units x 2 every 3-4hours, it’s going to turn out to be super expensive.
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 578 ★★★
    I hope to see solution to this because only way to solve is picking a different mastery set and actually is free and i don't want to pay 35 units over and over because they are bugged lol