Options

Is Kate Bishop too Strong?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    Looking at some of the champions released. Id say she is perfectly fine as is.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,210 ★★★★
    Strong but balanced
    PT_99 said:

Her 7* version will be broken, that's for sure
    6* is sweet

Too bad more people didn't join me in voting for her as the skill 7* added. 😇
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 578 ★★★
    Strong but balanced
    She is not the serpent or Onslaught lol
  • Options
    JAYIRIJAYIRI Posts: 123
    Strong but balanced

Jethua said:

I would like to add that I agree that she takes a lot of skill to play, especially for a prolonged period of time. This debate came up on Lag’s channel as well. I think that maybe in terms of character she is a little bit too strong. For example, Iceman, an omega level mutant, has less potent cold snaps on a full rotation than kate on sp1. As a YA with a bow and arrow, her block proficiency is higher than Doctor Doom. Things like that.

There are champs that feel like their design was definitely a labor of love (Kate, Kitty, Hercules, Chee'ilth) and some who feel like their designer went "sigh I guess I'll go phone in some work on the champion I was assigned now" (Nova #Justice4Nova He doesn't even have a proper win pose! They gave him a recycled placeholder one that doesn't even make sense for the character.). She has a few too many tools that are a bit too potent.

Yes, I'm annoyed that she's so much better than Hawkeye and to such a ridiculous extent.
    CheeGOAT needs to be able to refresh to reach the top 5 of her class. That's all they could've given her because her bleeds are harder to maintain and huge stacks can fall of easily when the AI refuses to play ball. To not make her broken they could've capped it at 50 or so.
  • Options
    victor158victor158 Posts: 73
    Too Strong
    Most consistent and i think the highest DOT in the game, and its so easy to refresh too. and even if theyre immune or resistant to coldsnap, caltrops can do the job extremely well by itself(only like 3 champs i can think of that are immune to both). Not only that, the ability within 2 sp1s to not get a single debuff of any kind against almost anyone is busted. And on top of that shes a miss counter, AND she has extremely strong ai manipulation so they actually have to throw specials, AND a psuedo heal block with synergy, AND she can parry riposte non contact attacks, AND she shes psuedo stun immune with the riposte. The only thing that makes her hard to use is the perfect release which with like a couple hours of practice im sure majority of people can do. one of my favourite champs but damn if shes not broken as hell
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,010 ★★★★
    Strong but balanced
    victor158 said:

Most consistent and i think the highest DOT in the game, and its so easy to refresh too. and even if theyre immune or resistant to coldsnap, caltrops can do the job extremely well by itself(only like 3 champs i can think of that are immune to both). Not only that, the ability within 2 sp1s to not get a single debuff of any kind against almost anyone is busted. And on top of that shes a miss counter, AND she has extremely strong ai manipulation so they actually have to throw specials, AND a psuedo heal block with synergy, AND she can parry riposte non contact attacks, AND she shes psuedo stun immune with the riposte. The only thing that makes her hard to use is the perfect release which with like a couple hours of practice im sure majority of people can do. one of my favourite champs but damn if shes not broken as hell

She's not broken since you need to constantly keep those effects refreshed, and if the AI doesn't play ball, you basically lose most of it
  • Options
    victor158victor158 Posts: 73
    Too Strong
    EdisonLaw said:

victor158 said:

She's not broken since you need to constantly keep those effects refreshed, and if the AI doesn't play ball, you basically lose most of it
    but its so easy to keep them refreshed. especially with the ai throwing specials more often at the wall. just heavy spam against the wall (which you can do even in bgs and against syg cause crush, even more utility), and bait a special and repeat. not only does heavy refresh, punishing a special will pause them for 5? seconds which is ages
  • Options
    MadGodOryxMadGodOryx Posts: 56
    Too Strong
    This community will sooner eat its own shoes than ever admit or consider a champ is too strong lmao
  • Options
    MadGodOryxMadGodOryx Posts: 56
    Too Strong
    EdisonLaw said:

victor158 said:

Yeah, its a shame Kabam didn’t give her like 4 different ways to help keep all those effects refreshed.

Oh, wait.
  • Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 163
    Strong but balanced
    One change I'd love is if you choose a specific arrow that your choice would carry over unless changed. Same with scorpion.
  • Options
    JMC2007JRJMC2007JR Posts: 44
    Strong but balanced
    "Perfectly balanced as all things should be" That is what Kate is to me
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Strong but balanced

This community will sooner eat its own shoes than ever admit or consider a champ is too strong lmao

Most meta defenders released in the last couple months aren’t great matchups for her. It’s not like she can smash through everything
  • Options
    BirbmanBirbman Posts: 90
    Too Strong

PT_99 said:

Which champ can consistently deal 3k dot per tick at 6* r5, on the first 15 seconds of the fight
    and up until the fight ends, even if it
    takes an hour?

Her Dot is just unreal, she is useful from act 1 to everest content, war, aq, bg incursions everywhere in the game. Top tier attacker, annoying in defense nd great Utilities.

I still can't believe she passed the nerf wave.
    Even tho shang chi is my fav skill, kate is just
    Another league and it's a massive L we lost her
    In polls.

Wait wtf, people picked shang over Kate for 7* ?
    It was in the month of may, when kate was too new. Kabam made these polls for titan crystals where among 4 champs you choose one per class. They had shang, kate and two others for skill and people choose shang chi over kate. I won't complain since kate is very new at the time and many players donno bout her potential.

I once choose FAM over kate in a nexus crystal when I was newbie paragon as I thought kate was some overrated champ. But anyways got her before my first necro run 🥰.
    I voted for Shang chi I had the second r5 Kate at the time of her release in the featured Allison was first
  • Options
    LONERANGER_141LONERANGER_141 Posts: 28
    Strong but balanced
    She is not busted, GOAT tier maybe. If she had a safety net like hercules then i would completely agree that she is busted. And the AI doesnt always play ball, there are times when instead of throwing specials, they light intercept me. I am an average skilled player at best and yes i do get high DOT damage off her. But when i mess up, theres no safety net. Like when the vault bosses whopped my Kate. NF was my saving grace. So no shes not busted, Beyond god tier imo