Options

Does anyone else think 60 sigs for act 8 is weird?

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,604 ★★★★
Look the rest of the rewards are great, and I’m really happy with them as a paragon player. But I find it a bit weird that we’re only getting 60 6* sig stones. I mean it’s better than none, but act 7 exploration gives 120, ignoring completion and chapter rewards. I mean they’re giving us 3 4-5 gems, 2 ascensions, 60k shards and 2 nexus crystals, with some mass rank ups like that you’d expect some sigs to go with them.

I’m not asking for 1000 sig stones that’s ridiculous, but I was expecting something along the lines of 100+, I just think 60 is a little low given how abundant they are elsewhere.

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,656 ★★★★★
    6 🤣
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,787 ★★★★★
    I reckon it's probably because the game is ever so slightly moving on from 6*s. Not in the sense that they've become obsolete, but rather in the sense that 6* shards and sig stone and general rank-up materials (unless they're shared with 7*s) are becoming less sought-after by a lot of people at the top. As such, Kabam seems to focus less on those things in the rewards and more on higher-value items.

Transitional stages such as these can feel a bit weird since we are used to getting a certain amount of (in this case) sig stones. Since 7* sig stones are insanely rare, even a small number of them can be a valuable part of the rewards and sort of shuffle out a seemingly large part of previous rewards. On balance, you're still probably getting "the same value" but in terms of actual numbers, you might see a huge decline in terms of actual sig stones given to you. It will probably be the same in Act 9 if they start placing 7* shards as path rewards instead of 6* shards and Titan shards instead of the 7* shards that are already there. The total number of shards you get will go down, but the shards that you do get will be more valuable. Same with the sig stone situation now.
  • Options
    StertslStertsl Posts: 95

I think they'll be +5 sig stones.

They won't
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,037 ★★★★
    Kinda funny when you realize a monthly zone 25 run gives 100 sigs
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,803 Guardian
    If you're valiant, then 6* sigs aren't really difficult to get. The real value item is the 7* sigs since we don't have easy ways of getting those.

• Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    We're well past needing to get 6* sig stones from content.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,095 ★★★

I mean in a way, since Valiant BG store now gives you 50 weekly at a pretty low cost. But those CCP challenges still make me need to get them in mass quanitites. Not only am I having to max sig the new champs I acquire from pre-release bundles should I choose to buy them, I also have to allocate nearly 600 sig stones to get Tigra, Thor, and OG BW to max sig for their respective challenges.
  • Options
    ForumerForumer Posts: 98 ★★
    edited April 9

I mean in a way, since Valiant BG store now gives you 50 weekly at a pretty low cost. But those CCP challenges still make me need to get them in mass quanitites. Not only am I having to max sig the new champs I acquire from pre-release bundles should I choose to buy them, I also have to allocate nearly 600 sig stones to get Tigra, Thor, and OG BW to max sig for their respective challenges.
    Is there a specific reason that those CCP champions need max sig? Just asking because you may be wasting these resources if say, sig 100 will do just fine.
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,604 ★★★★
    Forumer said:

Is there a specific reason that those CCP champions need max sig? Just asking because you may be wasting these resources if say, sig 100 will do just fine.
    Black widow definitely needs high sig and so does thor to my best memory. I know Tigra benefits from every level you give her which is why I expect he wants them all max
  • Options
    Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Posts: 81 ★★

Nobody said they’re needed, Just would be nice to have. 50 a week isn’t even that much especially considering the avenger carina challenge.
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 377 ★★
    Yeah, they should give a max sig gem
  • Options
    I love when just a specific number gets whole community to be in grip.
    😘
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,600 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

😘

Don't you do the same thing whenever someone goes "nerf Herc"? 😘
  • Options

PT_99 said:

😘

Me and rest of 98% who loves Herc, yes.

1% are youtubers
    and
    rest 1% are forum MEMEbers who thinks using Herc to pass through hard content is greatest sin of MCOC.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

😘

1% are youtubers
    and
    rest 1% are forum MEMEbers who thinks using Herc to pass through hard content is greatest sin of MCOC.
    So you still use 6* Herc, got it.
    That's all I wanted to confirm, that you still use 6*.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,789 ★★★★★
    Weird...? No.

Stingy...? Yes
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,753 ★★★★★
    I think if you are exploring ch8 you probably have most of the good champs at high sig, if not max so an extra 60 lets you focus on different champs you may not need but do want.

+60 for me might mean investing in a low rank champ I'd like, but not enough to want to normally spend resources on.
  • Options

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

😘

1% are youtubers
    and
    I only suggest to not dive in to 6* which already exists as 7*
    I only comment on posts which asks if the account holder should upgrade to 6r5 Ascend even tho 7* exists.
    Or when someone asks, "where 6* rewards"

See the biggest picture
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

😘

1% are youtubers
    and
    I only suggest to not dive in to 6* which already exists as 7*
    I only comment on posts which asks if the account holder should upgrade to 6r5 Ascend even tho 7* exists.
    Or when someone asks, "where 6* rewards"

See the biggest picture
    There are 7* that require high sig, in those cases it is better to invest in the 6* unless you're Usafa level whale. You're the one not seeing the bigger picture here.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,336 ★★★★★
    edited April 10