Is Onslaught really SO good?

KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,807 ★★★★★
I have a 6* r3 dupped Onslaught. He seems really strong, he is fun and all, but is he really as good as the hype around him makes it seem?

My main concern is the rotation, that is hard to perform and the only reward for it is burst damage. Triple immunity and other utility is great, but his output seems to depend solely on the hard rotation, that can easily be messed up by nodes.

I don't think he is bad, not at all, but the hype seems to be exceeding his qualities in my eyes by a lot, so I open-mindedly ask: is he really as good as people say?

Comments

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    He definitely has a higher skill requirement, which takes a lot to get used to.

I think his immunities are what people love, because he can get through so much in AW.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★
    Before I got him from 8.4, I had him as a r4 ascended and yes, I always thought he lived up to the hype. I have to ask, what nodes do easily mess him up? Just know when to pause and use the striker + sp1 to get your neuroshocks up.

His rotation is pretty simple, and you build his damage pretty nicely even without constant pausing for areas like battlegrounds. He isn’t the easiest to use or anything, but that’s the trade off for how hard he hits + the utility otherwise he’d probably get toned down lol
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 912 ★★★
    Kerneas said:

I have a 6* r3 dupped Onslaught. He seems really strong, he is fun and all, but is he really as good as the hype around him makes it seem?

My main concern is the rotation, that is hard to perform and the only reward for it is burst damage. Triple immunity and other utility is great, but his output seems to depend solely on the hard rotation, that can easily be messed up by nodes.

I don't think he is bad, not at all, but the hype seems to be exceeding his qualities in my eyes by a lot, so I open-mindedly ask: is he really as good as people say?

Onslaught is really well rounded and he definitely lives up to the hypes. His neuroshock debuffs currently have no counter, and his degen barely have any too. After a sp1 and sp2, your DoT damage will melt down any healthpool. As a defender, his sp1 is punishing as if you mess up, you are screwed. Especially in BG. His sp2 is a death sentence
  • RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 ★★★
    He is like a better apoc. Faster on attack and better on defense. Also dunks on annoying skills
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    Jack2634 said:

Kerneas said:

Onslaught is really well rounded and he definitely lives up to the hypes. His neuroshock debuffs currently have no counter, and his degen barely have any too. After a sp1 and sp2, your DoT damage will melt down any healthpool. As a defender, his sp1 is punishing as if you mess up, you are screwed. Especially in BG. His sp2 is a death sentence
    I don't even know his rotation or best way to play him yet (just been messing around with him) and holy hell!!! He melts stuff even not knowing wtf I'm doing!
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,415 ★★★★★
    edited April 11
    Kerneas said:

Onslaught is one of the most balanced champs in the game and definitely isn’t overhyped. On attack you just need to throw a lot of heavies, and against champs who purify (doesn’t need to be skill), the stun is replaced with a passive, so he counters even Masochism and similar nodes. His damage is also (mostly) unavoidable. No one is immune to neuroshock and few are resistant to degen. On defense he’s also a pain to fight against