Options

Have I lost my mind, or did they move the relic button a bit?

Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,708 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
Seriously, I've hit it accidentally so many times since I started 8.4 yesterday it's ridiculous.

Chances are they never moved it and somehow I slightly changed the way I'm holding my phone or something, but it's infuriating how many times I've hit the striker button accidentally since yesterday! 🀣🀣
Β«1

Comments

• Options

I have been doing the same thing.
    I think it moved a bit.
    There's no way for as many hours spent on this game that I should accidentally hit that button so many times.

OK, it's not just me so I swear they moved it then. Even a slight movement in it would throw us off.

I wonder if it happened unintentionally, though if it really did move.

I don't think they would have made an adjustment like that without an announcement.
  • Options
    mbgibsonmbgibson Posts: 114 β˜…

Seriously, I've hit it accidentally so many times since I started 8.4 yesterday it's ridiculous.

Chances are they never moved it and somehow I slightly changed the way I'm holding my phone or something, but it's infuriating how many times I've hit the striker button accidentally since yesterday! 🀣🀣

I'm having the same problem. Lot's of random relic misfires for me since 8.4.
  • Options
    DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 183 β˜…β˜…
    So it’s not just me…thought I’d lost my mind
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,245 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 11

What device are you using?

I just tested this myself using overlaying screenshots from this patch and from a previous patch from both my iPhone and my iPad, and they appear to be in the exact same location for me. I have misfires as well, but usually that’s just based on how I’m holding the phone at the time

S23 ultra. Its definitely moved up a bit on my phone. It could be by like a single pixel but it definitely moved and is very noticeable. I'm glad I'm not the only one here that's having this problem since 8.4
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

I just tested this myself using overlaying screenshots from this patch and from a previous patch from both my iPhone and my iPad, and they appear to be in the exact same location for me. I have misfires as well, but usually that’s just based on how I’m holding the phone at the time

S23 ultra. Its definitely moved up a bit on my phone
    Same here,.. us android peasants with our superior devices ...
    Now I'm wondering if it's an android issue. @Nemesis_17 @Rayven5220 do you have androids as well?
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,027 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Now I'm wondering if it's an android issue. @Nemesis_17 @Rayven5220 do you have androids as well?
    I do not. I’ve hit my relic accidentally a lot in the past but then it seemed to stop happening.
    Only as of yesterday in act 8 was I smacking it constantly
  • Options
    JeancrbJeancrb Posts: 183 β˜…β˜…
    Omg same but for like a month for me, It never happened before that so I was wondering if the position of my fingers while playing changed recently. I was getting crazy!
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

I'm on android. S21 ultra here.
  • Options
    Jeancrb said:

Omg same but for like a month for me, It never happened before that so I was wondering if the position of my fingers while playing changed recently. I was getting crazy!

I thought maybe I was going insane, but given the amount of people experiencing the exact same thing, it HAS to have been moved slightly.
    I doubt it happened intentionally, but noe it's a huge mystery of what devices it's happening on.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 679 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 11
    Bro 99% of my fights in 8.4 i activated my relic when i didn't want to because of this
    redmi note 8 pro
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,949 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Im just wondering something and this is pure speculation... Maybe the input grid got shifted some how?...
    People say their back button doesn't work...now the striker button area is all weird...
  • Options

Im just wondering something and this is pure speculation... Maybe the input grid got shifted some how?...
    People say their back button doesn't work...now the striker button area is all weird...

It's definitely a possibility.

@Kabam Miike any insight? I would have tagged Jax but it never let's me. πŸ˜ͺ
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,188 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    My swipe back has activated my striker by accident. Sometimes for the better, but not an accident I'm happy with
  • Options
    GlassbackGlassback Posts: 407 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I was rushing 8.2 exploration yesterday and the amount of times I hit it into Bahamet’s radiation was frustrating.

This would explain it!
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 760 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 11
    Same tbqh
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 421 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I am definitely having the back button issue alot. Striker button not as much, but still has happened.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 679 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

You need to tag miike and delete the ''miike'', then kabam jax will appear for you to tag him
  • Options

I got you @Kabam Jax
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

I do not. I’ve hit my relic accidentally a lot in the past but then it seemed to stop happening.
    Dang this ruins my theory. I just finished up my 8.4 exploration and mistakenly hit the relic many more times. Something is definitely off here
  • Options
    DONZALOOG1234DONZALOOG1234 Posts: 154 β˜…
    edited April 11
    ahmynuts said:

Same device, same problem

• Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,231 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Could it be the button didn't move but the hitbox got bigger ? Definitely having issues
  • Options
    Cure2024Cure2024 Posts: 122 β˜…β˜…
    I only did first 5 quests completion and I accidentally activated relic so many times, 50% more then before.

I hate this button placement anyway. it should be moved a little more to left near end of power bar and move it as low as possible. I have lost so many matches in past because I accidentally activated relic and push them to sp3 while baiting for their specials.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,027 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Dang this ruins my theory. I just finished up my 8.4 exploration and mistakenly hit the relic many more times. Something is definitely off here
    Yeah I haven’t the foggiest idea of what it could be
  • Options
    Bumping because I really want to know what happened here and there's no way we all suddenly became way worse at mcoc on 04/10/2024