Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

First world problems - already valiant

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,121 ★★★★
So.... As a valiant, I'm looking at the rewards and thinking I'll probably save the 7* nexus until some better champs are on the basic. Same for the class 7*.

That means 4 7* to open. I'm assuming I'll open nothing worth it... I just opened 4 7* and a titan this week and none, were in my view, worth ranking.

So once the rush of act 8 is gone and likely nothing great opened, what do such valiants do next?

Do I drop to taking 6* to max rank instead? At least I have nearly all of them.

In short, expecting continued disappointment on the 7* front, so thought I'd get the world's smallest violin out. 🎻

Like I said, first world problems...

Comments

• Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,507 ★★★★★
    We have 3 more seasons of wow type content coming up for the rest of the year. I imagine 7 stars are going to be more and more valuable as time goes on. There’s also content that’s going to come out that we don’t even know about right now.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,432 ★★★★★
    Why not take more 7* to r2 instead of 6r5? Like genuinely, why, 6r5 gets outclassed by 7r2 in every form other than sigs and few exclusively available 6*

Post your roster, you can't possibly be having every bad 7*
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 794 ★★★
    As a Paragon on the cusp of Valiant, I feel similar issues. I got a Cosmic R3 gem from Necropolis last fall.

Still haven't used it because I don't like my Cosmic and haven't pulled anything in over 6 months. I've resigned myself to R3 couple champs I won't use much depending on the R3 gem from 8.4.

I have to open the rewards though because getting a champ that I can use even if only 1 of 2 R3 is useful would be huge.
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 566 ★★★★
    Here’s a revolutionary idea. Don’t rush it

If you aren’t desperate for the rewards, then what difference does it make getting them a couple weeks later?
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    This is the most ridiculous thing I have read today (someone will probably beat it)

Sounds like you are over the game, uninstall
  • Options
    I did say it was first world problems! Oddly, the R5 6* gems and ascensions are looking like the best result for me. And then it's 1st world problems again; R5 and ascend sig 200 who? iceman, cgr, iabom, AA, kitty, cable, abs man, knull, either mags, wolvy, galan, switch; again first world problems.

But yes, going to end up r2ing some 7* I really don't enjoy using..

Did I say the violin was tiny?!?
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,212 ★★★★★
    The correct answer is save everything until Sinister is available, which also means that Onslaught will also be available.

Fyi, I won't be listening to my own advice.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,397 ★★★★★
    Oh, Moose 😢

I felt so sad after reading this, I wanted to make you happy. So I got in touch with a wizard that I know; and to accompany your tiny violin, he's going to give you a twelve-inch pianist.. 😉
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,397 ★★★★★
    Seriously, though. If you're feeling jaded about the results before you've even done it, that's an early sign of burnout. Take it slow, don't rush in (you're already Valiant) and have a bit more time off.

If you still want to play, and find challenges for yourself, are there Variants you haven't completed? Used all your Gauntlet keys? Maybe push on in Battlegrounds?

But tbh, I think the best option is a bit less gaming, a bit more life; and just let MCOC be more of a hobby 🙂
  • Options
    Thanks mags - always words of wisdom! And I need that pianist....

Funnily enough, I think this would chime with @TheKiryu after seeing his opening 😉

All my gauntlet keys used; could do 1 to 3 of the variants I did not do. I'll be good and actually really enjoying the story in the main quest and I wish they would do more of it.

But I am going to take it a bit slower, although will probably finish it all in the next month. It's actually fun content!!
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 968 ★★★★

So once the rush of act 8 is gone and likely nothing great opened, what do such valiants do next? .

Put down the game and go outside. Realistically, unless you spent too much money on the game, these rewards will be amazing for you.