Options

F2P Valiant Speedrun

Cantona59Cantona59 Posts: 175 ★★★
@DNA3000 , tagged you as I thought you might be interested again, apologies if you’re not.

Hello everyone!
With the release of act 8.4, there is now a path to valiant that doesn’t involve necropolis exploration, which for a new account would be quite crystal rng dependent.
So starting tonight, I’m doing a F2P valiant Speedrun, which will likely involve full act 8 exploration and necropolis completion (unless I am blessed with a necro mvp very early).
I have done similar Speedruns before, the most recent being a F2P Paragon Speedrun which took 9 days to complete. (Link below incase anyone wants to check it out)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/356411/f2p-paragon-speedrun-record-attempt/p1

As far as I know, nobody has been mentally insane enough to attempt a valiant Speedrun before, so this time there is no goal to aim at set by another person. So I have set my own goal, 1 month (deadline day 12th May midnight GMT).
I’ll be honest, this could be a colossal failure, with the Paragon Speedrun I was quietly confident of smashing the goal due to act4/5 rework, as well as the release of 8.3 being after Nagases 23 day run, but this time, there is no time checkpoints to really aim for (eg: explore act 8 by day 21).
The most difficult part is gonna be being conservative enough that I can get over the finish line, but also being fast enough to beat the deadline, I can’t really wait around too long for the ideal champions.

As with the last Speedruns, I’ll be posting updates in this thread and am willing to answer any questions about the run that anybody may have. :)

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,399 ★★★★★
    Nice one
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,464 ★★★★
    This is gonna be awesome to follow! Good luck!
  • Options
    The_Curd_BrosThe_Curd_Bros Posts: 14
    Sounds awesome! Best of luck!
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 946 ★★★★
    Wishing you luck man! Gonna be fun
  • Options
    SligSlig Posts: 355 ★★
    Good luck. I enjoyed the paragon run so I’ll be watching.
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 640 ★★★
    Stoked for this!!! Good luck 👍
  • Options
    doggydoggy Posts: 808 ★★★
    Good luck.....hope I can also do like this before 2099
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,810 ★★★★★
    A little favour (if it appears) as you are doing a speedrun.

Kindly post a screengrab of this offer.

Will you be acquiring Summoned Symbiote to help out in roster?
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 773 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Love it. I followed your last one and will be following this one as well.

I gave Yolo the heads up as well, so you know, he doesn't get banned. Again.
    Why did he get banned ?
  • Options
    Also sorry, I didn’t get that bundle.
  • Options
    Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 907 ★★★
    This is equally impressive and gut-punching.
    I've been playing for 8 years and I'm still Paragon pushing for Valiant! 🤣🤣🤣

Good luck, can't wait to see the progress!
  • Options
    ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 576 ★★★
    This is quite cool. Do you stream it or make some recap vids for it? I'd watch that.
  • Options
    ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 576 ★★★
    What's your channel name? YT and Twitch :smiley:
  • Options
    Cantona59 said:

Day 1 Mini Recap!
    First day of a new account Speedrun is always very similar, get through as many of the starter objectives and the first 3 acts.
    Main thing of note from today was the premium hero crystals were on fire! Managed to pull 4* knull and cap Wilson which is really good.
    Finished the day out completing act 3 to unlock the nick fury, and then began to unlock Steve through the side quest.

Tomorrow is gonna be side quest spam and then ripping through act 4 with an overpowered Steve.

Waiting for your daily progress.... please put in this forum... I'm very excited about your progress
  • Options
    Cantona59 said:

This is quite cool. Do you stream it or make some recap vids for it? I'd watch that.

From Day 2 onwards I’m gonna be doing some YouTube recap videos of mostly the tougher bosses (Collector, 5.4 Ultron etc).
    Also towards the end of the challenge when it gets to act 8 exploration and Necropolis, I will probably do some Twitch streams on it as it will be an absolute slog to get through.
    Waiting 🔥🔥
  • Options

YT : Cant0na~1
    Twitch : cant0na_1

I’ll likely post a link in this thread when I’m about to stream as well
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,703 ★★★★★
    I thought you were crazy before, if you get this done, that confirms it.
  • Options
    IlociaM97IlociaM97 Posts: 105
    Cantona59 said:

YT : Cant0na~1
    Twitch : cant0na_1

I’ll likely post a link in this thread when I’m about to stream as well
    Nice, I'm gonna watch the paragon speed run while I wait for this one!
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 326 ★★
    YAY
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 326 ★★
    HES BACK FINALLY!!!!! WHOO HOOOO!!!!