Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Who benefits more from r5 ascended

Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,502 ★★★★
CGR or AA?

Now that I'm done with 8.4 I have the r5 gem to use, but I'm honestly torn between the two.

Kinda leaning AA because my cosmic roster is pretty stacked with r5a hulkling, r3 odin, r4a herc, r4a cgr.

For mutants it's mostly my r4a AA and r5a onslaught now.

I could take unduoed Domino to r2, but I'm hesitant on it given some of my other 7* options like bullseye, hulk, photon.

I would have made a poll but have no freaking clue how to.

Comments

• Options

Cgr do really need the r5, yesterday I fought a r2 bullseye, with a r5 ascended cgr, he exactly killed bullseye right before he filled a bar of power second time. I have to bait only one special in this case. If my cgr was r4a, I would have to bait 2 sp1 in order to kill him.

So he do really need the rankup for various matchups. Archangel, I don't think you'll see much difference

That's a really good point, especially about matchups like bullseye and maestro where you really need to kill them super fast before their abilities kick in.

AA melts stuff pretty fast at r4A, but I have noticed with cgr when I take him against a maestro, he always gets to glacking before I can finish him off, and with bullseye like you said, I'm baiting a minimum of 2 sp1 before I can kill him off.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,054 ★★★
    CGR has always been able to punch up fairly well in my opinion, just because of how crazy his damage output can be. Even Slayer has said multiple times that he honestly feels a r5, let alone a r5 ascended, is almost overkill for CGR in most types of situations.

I currently have my CGR and AA at r5 for now, but have considered giving them dust in the future when they might need it more.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,137 ★★★★★

Cgr do really need the r5, yesterday I fought a r2 bullseye, with a r5 ascended cgr, he exactly killed bullseye right before he filled a bar of power second time. I have to bait only one special in this case. If my cgr was r4a, I would have to bait 2 sp1 in order to kill him.

So he do really need the rankup for various matchups. Archangel, I don't think you'll see much difference

That's a really good point, especially about matchups like bullseye and maestro where you really need to kill them super fast before their abilities kick in.

AA melts stuff pretty fast at r4A, but I have noticed with cgr when I take him against a maestro, he always gets to glacking before I can finish him off, and with bullseye like you said, I'm baiting a minimum of 2 sp1 before I can kill him off.
    Time your fateseal correctly against maestro, before the glancing kicks in.
    And even if maestro glances,cgr can get him done before the pierce buff activation
  • Options
    @SlayerOfGods I must ask you, the cgr expert. 😁

AA or CGR to r5A?
  • Options

AA or CGR to r5A?

Personally, you know I'd give it to CGR. But you already said you have a lot of Cosmic champs ranked up.. how are your Mystics? You know CGR has Fate Seal and can take champs like Maestro because of it. So if your Mystic roster needs a bump as well, he's good for those purposes too.

Thanks for the tag!
  • Options

AA or CGR to r5A?

Personally, you know I'd give it to CGR. But you already said you have a lot of Cosmic champs ranked up.. how are your Mystics? You know CGR has Fate Seal and can take champs like Maestro because of it. So if your Mystic roster needs a bump as well, he's good for those purposes too.

Thanks for the tag!

That's the current mystic line up. Not too bad, but definitely could be better as well!

I didn't even think of the fate seal aspect of CGR, all I thought about was pure damage, lol
    That's a good point!

Thanks for the reply, it definitely makes even more sense to make him r5 over AA at this point. One thing I hate about AA is the rng aspect of him, which when it'sgood it'sgreat but sometimes it's so terrible! Haha

Rank 5 A cgr happening now!
  • Options

AA or CGR to r5A?

Thanks for the tag!

That's the current mystic line up. Not too bad, but definitely could be better as well!

I didn't even think of the fate seal aspect of CGR, all I thought about was pure damage, lol
    That's a good point!

Thanks for the reply, it definitely makes even more sense to make him r5 over AA at this point. One thing I hate about AA is the rng aspect of him, which when it'sgood it'sgreat but sometimes it's so terrible! Haha

Neither cgr nor AA, take that doom up!!
  • Options
    Oliver345781Oliver345781 Posts: 69
    AA
  • Options

AA or CGR to r5A?

Thanks for the tag!

That's a good point!

Bro, he's already r5, and I will likely never ascend him because his playstyle bores me, honestly.

He's just too damn slow! 😬
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,902 ★★★★★

AA or CGR to r5A?

Thanks for the tag!

That's a good point!

Bro, he's already r5, and I will likely never ascend him because his playstyle bores me, honestly.

Honestly agree. He’s still goated for questing and other stuff but I’m battlegrounds focused and he’s practically nonexistent in most decks lol. Plenty of champs to crush him as a defender and he’s not even close to my first choice as an attacker
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

AA or CGR to r5A?

Thanks for the tag!

That's a good point!

Honestly agree. He’s still goated for questing and other stuff but I’m battlegrounds focused and he’s practically nonexistent in most decks lol. Plenty of champs to crush him as a defender and he’s not even close to my first choice as an attacker
    I still have him in mine but as time has gone on I definitely draft him less and less.
    Amazing champ almost everywhere, but in bg's he's just too slow most times.

Gone are the days where doom ruled the contest.
  • Options

AA or CGR to r5A?

Thanks for the tag!

That's a good point!

You'll probably Ascend Doom eventually, considering he'll probably never be a 7-Star.
  • Options
    edited April 13

AA or CGR to r5A?

Thanks for the tag!
    I didn't even think of the fate seal aspect of CGR, all I thought about was pure damage
    Yeah dude! CGR's damage is very nice, but I love his utility as well. He covers a ton of my Mystic matches. He's great at killing Cosmics. Hulkling, Aarkus, Maestro, Annihilus, Nova, Gorr, Sersi, he tears them all up.

Plus, there's the added benefit that he's NOT a Mystic, so any Nodes that stop Fate Seal for Mystic champs specifically don't actually effect CGR, like Mystic Ward for example.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

AA or CGR to r5A?

Thanks for the tag!

That's a good point!

Just know that many people still suck dexing his specials

Especially in this meta, whenever I place him on defense, opponent loses a lot of health against him. Yes they nuke him, but still lose a lot of health due to huge crit on block.
  • Options

AA or CGR to r5A?

Thanks for the tag!
    I didn't even think of the fate seal aspect of CGR, all I thought about was pure damage
    Yeah dude! CGR's damage is very nice, but I love his utility as well. He covers a ton of my Mystic matches. He's great at killing Cosmics. Hulkling, Aarkus, Maestro, Annihilus, Nova, Gorr, Sersi, he tears them all up.

Plus, there's the added benefit that he's NOT a Mystic, so any Nodes that stop Fate Seal for Mystic champs specifically don't actually effect CGR, like Mystic Ward for example.
    I’m honestly so glad that most people aren’t as good with CGR as you are lol. I’ve seen so many r5 ascended ones go against my hardest defenders but they fumble. I personally sucked at using him too and I’d always dex on accident
  • Options
    Also doom is a great serpent counter even tho he takes like 75+ seconds to take him down.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 951 ★★★★
    edited April 13

Emilia90 said:

AA or CGR to r5A?

Thanks for the tag!

That's a good point!

Damn bro didn’t have to call me out like that
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

AA or CGR to r5A?

Thanks for the tag!

That's a good point!

Especially in this meta, whenever I place him on defense, opponent loses a lot of health against him. Yes they nuke him, but still lose a lot of health due to huge crit on block.
    Fair enough. I haven’t had anyone draft him against me in a long while so I’m not sure how effective he is on defense this meta

On offense he certainly has his good matchups. I wish his sp3 didn’t take 10 years to finish though
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

AA or CGR to r5A?

Thanks for the tag!

That's a good point!

Damn bro didn’t have to call me out like that
    Us 🫂