Options

Good lord what is this kindred fight?

Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 566 ★★★★
This is way above the regular side quest difficulty.

First of all you have a new (very difficult) defender that most people aren’t familiar with yet.

On top of that, we have to deal with reversed controls and root!

Honestly I’d rather do winter of woe over this.

Comments

• Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 825 ★★★★
    edited April 14
    Take a robot you won't have deal with the reverse controls, second the increased power rate should help you punish his specials and pause the timer.
    There's nothing you can do about the root but play around it.
    Sp1 is easy to avoid and punish while rooted ,for sp2 I'd recommend dashing back before the last medium so you can create distance and not get rooted cause there's a lot of block damage.

The best option I've found is Guillotine 2099, her regen can give you safety net during the root.
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 572 ★★★
    You can practice as much as you need at least, it is a good oppertunity to practice reverse controls if nothing else. Switching to swiping inward from swiping outward takes some getting used to. At least his sp3 isn't unlocked so you don't have to try to bait specials on top of everything else. I personally had good luck with my 7r3 domino, but probably just because she hits hard and not because she is particularly good for the fight.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 492 ★★★
    I just turned suicides on and smoked him with my R3 Silk. Not my favourite side quest fight but at least it’s not 5 energy a tile, lol!
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 629 ★★★
    It’s not that hard how do you not know how to fight kindred he’s been out since july of last year have just not been playing the game all this time?
    As for the node yeah reversed controls is a stupid node and it shouldn't be in the game but even me who’s pretty bad at reversed controls easily solo’d the fight, i still don’t see what half the community seems to be complaining about, his specials aren’t hard to dex you don't get rooted if you aren’t near him, kindred isn't a difficult defender especially in side quest where you can bring a perfect counter and don't have to worry about health just throw a special when he gets to 5% he has an extremely low health pool and super slow specials that can easily be avoided, i really don't want to be that person but… skill issue
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,783 ★★★★★
    I had a lot of problems with him on my first two runs but then smoked him fairly quickly with my r2 Photon with suicides on. Photon goes brrrr on him.

But I agree. He's a pain and definitely a step above normal SQ difficulty. At least we're free to retry the fight as many times as possible. I would have been mad if we would have had to defeat him on a non-refundable ticket each time.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 838 ★★★
    People have been taking Warlock against him. I didn’t even realize until after all four runs that a robot eliminates reverse controls. Also notable are Juggernaut or Spider-Ham (if you can handle the reverse controls).
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 671 ★★★★
    I used juggernaut and it was ok, not easy but not impossible
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 572 ★★★

This fight was made to drain your potions and revives resources.

Its a 1 energy cost fight that has no entry cost. You would have to be fairly foolish to burn revives on it, just restart till you get a good run.
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 944 ★★★
    Kate and let the snowflakes cook him.
  • Options
    SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 172 ★★
    You can just restart, it doesn’t burn your keys. Piggy made light work of him for me. It’s just reverse controls, if you space yourself enough when he throws sp you don’t get rooted.
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 263 ★★★
    Titanita crushes him.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,541 ★★★★
    Ortoun said:

Its a 1 energy cost fight that has no entry cost. You would have to be fairly foolish to burn revives on it, just restart till you get a good run.
    It costs alot of units for 1 energy per try. Damn you kabam! 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 207 ★★
    Also not sure if people are aware but you can push him to his SP3 there is no SP3 active on this fight. As other people have said though make sure you have distance when he throws SP2 because block damage is brutal and its hard to dex.
  • Options
    Qwerty112211Qwerty112211 Posts: 17
    Well all I can say about the AI in this fight is that its dam ar.... I am not a stupid player and have wasted the whole afternoon trying to get a solo with this fight 5 times I was KOed with kindred having 1 health , it's fights like this which are a complete waste of time and just leave a salty taste, just brings back ideas of quitting the game as its just not fun and I was just getting back into enjoying it !!! Seriously which wise guy came up with this combination of stupid degen and reverse controls should get prize for wanting people to quit the game!!! Well done mate you guys sure know how to kill someone's enjoyment. Hardly want to pick the game up now after this !!!
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 459 ★★★
    My r3 7* silk did it sub minute
  • Options
    Wake up mate not everyone has R3 do it with a r4 6 star without class advantage - wise guy my r3 did it sub min no kidding!!!
  • Options

You can enter the quest an infinite amount of times and it’s just one fight why on earth are you using pots on it?
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,399 ★★★★★
    edited April 14
    The weirdest thing that made this fight harder than it needed to be: it literally never occurred to me that Kindreds's SP3 wouldn't be unlocked.

SP3s being active is such a standard thing, it never occurred to me to check.

Being able to stop watching Power was helpful.

For me, Ultron was by far my best option. R4 6* was tricky, but do-able. Two solos and two revives, because when you've done ten fights in a row and the SOB is literally at 1HP, you just throw a 20% at it, because what the hell....

Seriously, though, there were easier EoP fights 😐
  • Options
    For a general paragon fight this is way too hard - not to mention all the missed inputs that are driving me insane - be it block or specials which are just not registering all put together is a very bad combination - his degen has to be toned dwn and his health has to be less just not on!!!
  • Options

Samanun said:

It’s not that hard how do you not know how to fight kindred he’s been out since july of last year have just not been playing the game all this time?
    As for the node yeah reversed controls is a stupid node and it shouldn't be in the game but even me who’s pretty bad at reversed controls easily solo’d the fight, i still don’t see what half the community seems to be complaining about, his specials aren’t hard to dex you don't get rooted if you aren’t near him, kindred isn't a difficult defender especially in side quest where you can bring a perfect counter and don't have to worry about health just throw a special when he gets to 5% he has an extremely low health pool and super slow specials that can easily be avoided, i really don't want to be that person but… skill issue

I’ve rarely read a comment this long and disagreed on everything. You are completely out of touch with the difficulty of the fight. Accusing everyone on this thread of not understanding how kindred works is just asking for dislikes
    When did i accuse everyone in the thread of not knowing how to fight kindred? I was speaking to op not you, maybe you took it personally cause you don't know how to fight him.
  • Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 166
    I just fought him for the first time. I wasn't super serious about it but tried. Used Nick and got close a hand full of times. Tried Onslaught a few times. Then went with Ol faithful Kingpin. Got him to 2% and decided that was close enough and revived lol. Reverse controls sucks but I think without it the fight would have been TOO easy.
  • Options
    Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Posts: 147

For a general paragon fight this is way too hard - not to mention all the missed inputs that are driving me insane - be it block or specials which are just not registering all put together is a very bad combination - his degen has to be toned dwn and his health has to be less just not on!!!

this is the main point. it's not undoable, but for people who complete Paragon EQ/SQ normally but may not be to WoW level fights, it is out of line. it's akin to rocking Skyrim for a couple months and then someone subs in a SouldBorn while you ain't looking. whiplash.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,451 ★★★★
    So for me with this guy

it took 2 sp2s, some fancy dancing at the end root, and a little over 5 minutes total for this

that said, i would imagine if you didn't have a bludgeon champ that offset the reverse controls, this does seem oddly tuned for week 2.

I don't even need the AG, i just didn't want to waste the 30 min boosts i popped.

Interesting times in the game.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    It's not bad if you can play with reverse controls (if you did necropolis even once you get a LOT of practice with the Grandmaster ) - I used OG Hulk who gets stronger the lower his health and gets more degen resistance. Key is to save a special for when he's rooting you at his 1% - I solo'd 2 times and twice died at 1% as I forgot to save the special lol.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 859 ★★★★
    Reverse controls needs to go away fr