**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Y is nobody talking about the iso economics?

Comments

• Options
    DicedicedicediceDicedicedicedice Posts: 52
    Guys if u r satisfied with the way things r it’s absolutely fine. There r a whole bunch of us who aren’t and that’s also fine.
    I know the rewards, I know how to get them. I m a valiant with 46 7*s and 20 ascended R5s.
    I m trying to make a larger point that ISO economics need to be reconsidered by kabam. Gold was similar last year n it was ramped and now it’s fine.
    I would simply request @Kabam Miike to plz consider doing the same with ISO also.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,055 ★★★★★
    Introduce t6 class iso selector in bg stores. Problem solved
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

Guys if u r satisfied with the way things r it’s absolutely fine. There r a whole bunch of us who aren’t and that’s also fine.
    I know the rewards, I know how to get them. I m a valiant with 46 7*s and 20 ascended R5s.
    I m trying to make a larger point that ISO economics need to be reconsidered by kabam. Gold was similar last year n it was ramped and now it’s fine.
    I would simply request @Kabam Miike to plz consider doing the same with ISO also.

One thing for sure us a 4* shouldn't be getting the same amount of use from a dupe as a higher star rating. Even if they made it the same for 4 and 5*, cool, but when we're opening 6 and 7* crystals and getting dupes, we should be getting more iso from those for sure.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,800 ★★★★★
    edited April 13

There never was a gold scarce, so saying its similar makes it worse.
    They did something.. you can trade solo shards, buy them from glory.
    I have been selling basic ISO for a long time and only using class ones.
    Title is weird cause one of this posts pop up after evert 4th or CM sales..
    I guess 8.4 triggered this too
  • Options

I m surprised that taking a 6* R1 to R5 needs 700+ T5 iso but we r ok with the daily quest giving us 1 of that everyday. Translate that to revives n everyone will b stoked.
    Also @Demonzfyre its ok to b respectful while disagreeing. Thnx for ur input.

That was me being respectful. You aren't meant to have the resources to take a champ from R1 to R5 whenever you want or even multiple of those situations.

This game involves resource management. Which means managing your rank ups. You strike me as someone who probably hasn't spent much time exploring content and probably doesn't have a ton of duped champions. Which means you pull more new champs than duped champions.

There's nothing wrong with that but you have to manage your resources better. There isn't going to be any quest that is going to give you resources to take a champ up 5 ranks. You're going to run out of something. There isn't an ISO shortage. The issue is, you believe the game should automatically give you everything you want, when you want it.
    Brother I m talking economics n u r talking shortage. My point is simply that when this game started 5* champs can be maxed with 3-400 T5 iso. A 6* now takes about 7-800. 7*s will take a good 1500. Now logic implies the economics should keep pace with it. Which it simply hasn’t. Duping 4-7* gives the same 24 iso which is absolutely illogical.

Also u need b slightly less patronising to people. If this is how u treat people in ur real life i feel sorry for them. Thnx again for ur input n the useless psychotherapy session.
  • Options
    undefined

• Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Just run the shooting stars quest a bunch of times and you’ll have enough iso.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,061 ★★★★★

I m surprised that taking a 6* R1 to R5 needs 700+ T5 iso but we r ok with the daily quest giving us 1 of that everyday. Translate that to revives n everyone will b stoked.

That was me being respectful. You aren't meant to have the resources to take a champ from R1 to R5 whenever you want or even multiple of those situations.

This game involves resource management. Which means managing your rank ups. You strike me as someone who probably hasn't spent much time exploring content and probably doesn't have a ton of duped champions. Which means you pull more new champs than duped champions.

There's nothing wrong with that but you have to manage your resources better. There isn't going to be any quest that is going to give you resources to take a champ up 5 ranks. You're going to run out of something. There isn't an ISO shortage. The issue is, you believe the game should automatically give you everything you want, when you want it.
    Brother I m talking economics n u r talking shortage. My point is simply that when this game started 5* champs can be maxed with 3-400 T5 iso. A 6* now takes about 7-800. 7*s will take a good 1500. Now logic implies the economics should keep pace with it. Which it simply hasn’t. Duping 4-7* gives the same 24 iso which is absolutely illogical.

Also u need b slightly less patronising to people. If this is how u treat people in ur real life i feel sorry for them. Thnx again for ur input n the useless psychotherapy session.
    When this game started, 5*'s didn't exist. When 5*'s were introduced, you couldn't max them. Back then, when 5*'s were introduced, it was an extremely slow trickle of being able to obtain them. 6*'s as well.

Now, they've added tons more of 4,5 and 6 star shards which offsets needing higher amounts from dupes. Just doing MEQs allows you to open a bunch of crystals not to mention the special monthly crystals.
  • Options

undefined

I don't know what you're trying to prove with this but that is the revamped rewards.

This is what Act 5 used to give. So when you're talk economy, the new rewards are better. We didn't get ISO from Act rewards back then. Thanks for disproving your own point.
  • Options

There never was a gold scarce, so saying its similar makes it worse.
    They did something.. you can trade solo shards, buy them from glory.
    I have been selling basic ISO for a long time and only using class ones.
    Title is weird cause one of this posts pop up after evert 4th or CM sales..
    I guess 8.4 triggered this too
    Will try to explain my point again. I m attaching 2 screenshots. One from act 5 chapter 4 n one from act 8 chapter 4. Plz notice the difference in gold, catalysts etc. now ask urself if the same upgrade has happened with iso. I don’t think it is logical to have same amount of iso for duping a 4* as a 7*.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,263 ★★★★★

There's one problem right there. We don't have to go from R1 to R5 in one go.
  • Options
    edited April 14
    Iso is fine if you do your content and play actively.
    Its just big events where people want to do massive rank ups that cause the issue.
    I'm with you though, change it. It would benefit me more since I don't see it as a problem. If they were to ever change it I will as to be compensated backtracking every single crystal I ever opened. Wouldn't be fair otherwise
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 377 ★★★
    Incursions = incursion artifacts = 4* crystals = iso problem solved
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 192 ★★
    They should just add basic t6 bricks to the bg store…
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    There is definitely not an ISO problem. I sell basic ISO as it is about to expire.

I just did 753k in level up, and still have loads of ISO in overflow. (started with over 4k, spent 25 million gold)

I play quite a bit of arena, giving me shards along the way. If you don't play all game modes for various currency, you have to be more selective on what you do.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Duping 6*'s should at least give 2 or 3 times more T5 ISO instead of the same amount as duping 4 and 5*'s.

Or make it so we get T6 ISO from duping 6*'s from now on.
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 792 ★★★
    I've noticed the iso situation, not because I don't have iso, but because my gold is dropping. I still have plenty of both, even though I did 3 R3s and 3-4 other level ups on 7* this weekend.

But... For years my gold was steadily increasing to like 117m a year ago. But now I'm under 90m. The difference is I'm not selling off-class iso anymore, but using it for rankups instead.

I'm not saying iso or gold is an issue for me. For one thing, I don't open gold crystals. And I have a lot of 4/5* shards, but again not as many as a year ago.

But there has been a shift. For some summoners, it's noticable but not an issue, but I could see how it could become a problem for other summoners. The only issue I see with increasing iso availability would make gold more abundant for summoners like me.
  • Options
    edited April 15

Quick poll: how many idiots r there on the forum?

I for one m definitely the biggest to try and help fellow players. It wasn’t a pleasure. Learnt my lesson. Thnx.

P.s. just because u r fine doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem. Whole bunch of players r quietly suffering because of patronising i***ts who r ready to **** on others the moment they talk about it. Do u guys paid to bully people into submission or u r this patronising just for kicks?

Pps: Do u i***ts really think a ftp valiant/regular GC/ p4 player doesn’t know how to farm basic resources n needs ur help figuring this game out?

If people tell you that there is no problem, chances are you are trying to help yourself with the excuse of helping others.
    Like I said, if they change it, its better for me; but if newer players start getting more ISO out of their crystals I expect to be compensated for my crystals in the past.
  • Options

I for one m definitely the biggest to try and help fellow players. It wasn’t a pleasure. Learnt my lesson. Thnx.

P.s. just because u r fine doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem. Whole bunch of players r quietly suffering because of patronising i***ts who r ready to **** on others the moment they talk about it. Do u guys paid to bully people into submission or u r this patronising just for kicks?

Pps: Do u i***ts really think a ftp valiant/regular GC/ p4 player doesn’t know how to farm basic resources n needs ur help figuring this game out?

If people tell you that there is no problem, chances are you are trying to help yourself with the excuse of helping others.
    Like I said, if they change it, its better for me; but if newer players start getting more ISO out of their crystals I expect to be compensated for my crystals in the past.
    I see a whole bunch of people saying they feel it IS a problem. They understand the point I m making and they agree that the economics of 7-4* dupe all giving same amount of iso is a broken system.

U guys r just trying to force us to admit that there is no problem. N we r all out of our minds to expect a 7* dupe to give more iso compared to a 4* dupe.

This is textbook bullying. This isn’t about me. It’s about basic economics of the game. I can farm enough resources with anyone’s help.

I have been polite for long enough to hope that u r just not able to see the logic. But now I know that u r just bullies for whom the logic of discussion doesn’t matter.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 776 ★★★★

I see a whole bunch of people saying they feel it IS a problem. They understand the point I m making and they agree that the economics of 7-4* dupe all giving same amount of iso is a broken system.

U guys r just trying to force us to admit that there is no problem. N we r all out of our minds to expect a 7* dupe to give more iso compared to a 4* dupe.

This is textbook bullying. This isn’t about me. It’s about basic economics of the game. I can farm enough resources with anyone’s help.

I have been polite for long enough to hope that u r just not able to see the logic. But now I know that u r just bullies for whom the logic of discussion doesn’t matter.
    They do this all the time. It's their primary tactic. I have two accounts both Valiant. One is a spending account the other is mostly F2P. Same person, same habits. Guess which one has the ISO shortage?

The bigger your account, the easier it is to maintain resources. It's common sense. When people say you're not managing your resources, they mean you're not spending like they are or have as old an account.
  • Options

That's the beauty of being able to have a discussion. You're posting on a public forum. If you want an echo chamber, then talk just to your friends.

People are allowed to disagree with you and you can disagree with them. There's no right or wrong answer about this because you might be short on ISO, but others struggle with gold.

You didn't do yourself favors either with how you acted. Same with trying to compare act 5 rewards with act 8 rewards. There's no comparison to either of them.

Now you're throwing a tantrum like a child because a few people disagreed with you.
  • Options

Duping 6*'s should at least give 2 or 3 times more T5 ISO instead of the same amount as duping 4 and 5*'s.

Or make it so we get T6 ISO from duping 6*'s from now on.

Logically it should b in proportion to the amount of iso required to max out a star level.

Maxing a 4* take about 150-200 t5
    Maxing a 5* takes about 300-400. So logically a dupe should give double the iso.
    6* takes 700-800. So it should b 4 times.
    Extrapolating this maths a 7* will take about 1500 t5iso. So it should give out 8times the iso a 4* gives.
  • Options
    edited April 15

That's the beauty of being able to have a discussion. You're posting on a public forum. If you want an echo chamber, then talk just to your friends.

People are allowed to disagree with you and you can disagree with them. There's no right or wrong answer about this because you might be short on ISO, but others struggle with gold.

You didn't do yourself favors either with how you acted. Same with trying to compare act 5 rewards with act 8 rewards. There's no comparison to either of them.

Now you're throwing a tantrum like a child because a few people disagreed with you.
    Of course there is a right answer. This is the 3rd time I m explaining to u in particular that this is not about shortage but basic maths n logic. If u had decent intentions u would have countered maths with maths. Logic with logic. But u don’t want to have a discussion. U don’t even want to understand the context. U n ur gang is just forcing us to shut this conversation.

If u have a point of view help me understand ur maths. Else it’s just plain bullying.

Give me one logical explanation of y a 6* should give the same amount of iso as a 4* when duped.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

There’s a saying that I enjoy that I’ll clean up to make appropriate for these forums, but basically:

If, when going through your day, you meet one jerk, you’ve met a jerk. If, when going through your day, everybody you meet is a jerk, you’re the jerk.

It might be worth thinking about that for a moment.
    U guys DO hunt in packs. Nice to know. All bullies meet their match at some point n payback will b a b****! It might b worth thinking about that.
    Okay, cool, well, that was my attempt at talking to you like an adult.

The reason people aren’t listening to you is because you’re wrong.

First off, 7* champion dupes do not grant the same amount of iso as 4*-6* dupes. They grant a fair bit more.

Second, there is a bundle in the Trader’s Outpost for only 500 mysterium for a meaningful amount of iso and gold.

Third, you can *extremely easily* get a ton of 4* crystals with Incursions artifacts. Like, I barely play Incursions and I could go in there now and get 20 crystals.

Fourth, you can get big chunks of t6 class iso from the glory store, also for cheap.

Fifth, although I don’t recommend this one, there is the iso/gold crystal that can be purchased with solo crystal shards.

Sixth, also not one I’d super recommend, you can purchase a *ton* of 5* shards from the battlegrounds store. These can be used for dual class crystals if you’re targeting a specific flavor of iso.

This is just the gold shortage argument in different shape. The resource is plentiful, you just don’t want to acquire it in the ways made available to you, or you want so much of it as to be unreasonable. Would it be cool to get more iso? I guess. But there’s no shortage of it, and if I had more I’d probably just end up selling it. The classes I have the *least* amount of iso for I still have north of 200 bricks of t5 or t6 because I space out my ranks up and tend to align them with which chunks of iso I have expiring.

You say your goal here was to help the community with a problem. The community responded saying that most do not have this problem. You responded by lashing out at the community. Nobody was making personal comments and then you decided to call everybody on the forums who disagreed with you idiots. Do you really still think you’re coming off as a reasonable person right now?
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

There’s a saying that I enjoy that I’ll clean up to make appropriate for these forums, but basically:

If, when going through your day, you meet one jerk, you’ve met a jerk. If, when going through your day, everybody you meet is a jerk, you’re the jerk.

It might be worth thinking about that for a moment.
    U guys DO hunt in packs. Nice to know. All bullies meet their match at some point n payback will b a b****! It might b worth thinking about that.
    Okay, cool, well, that was my attempt at talking to you like an adult.

The reason people aren’t listening to you is because you’re wrong.

First off, 7* champion dupes do not grant the same amount of iso as 4*-6* dupes. They grant a fair bit more.

Second, there is a bundle in the Trader’s Outpost for only 500 mysterium for a meaningful amount of iso and gold.

Third, you can *extremely easily* get a ton of 4* crystals with Incursions artifacts. Like, I barely play Incursions and I could go in there now and get 20 crystals.

Fourth, you can get big chunks of t6 class iso from the glory store, also for cheap.

Fifth, although I don’t recommend this one, there is the iso/gold crystal that can be purchased with solo crystal shards.

Sixth, also not one I’d super recommend, you can purchase a *ton* of 5* shards from the battlegrounds store. These can be used for dual class crystals if you’re targeting a specific flavor of iso.

This is just the gold shortage argument in different shape. The resource is plentiful, you just don’t want to acquire it in the ways made available to you, or you want so much of it as to be unreasonable. Would it be cool to get more iso? I guess. But there’s no shortage of it, and if I had more I’d probably just end up selling it. The classes I have the *least* amount of iso for I still have north of 200 bricks of t5 or t6 because I space out my ranks up and tend to align them with which chunks of iso I have expiring.

You say your goal here was to help the community with a problem. The community responded saying that most do not have this problem. You responded by lashing out at the community. Nobody was making personal comments and then you decided to call everybody on the forums who disagreed with you idiots. Do you really still think you’re coming off as a reasonable person right now?
    Who in the god’s name is talking shortage? Read the title for once. It is about economics of a basic resource. Every other resource has been ramped up more or less in line with the game progression except iso. Have given clear maths of what I think is a reasonable computation based on the amount of iso required for maxing out a certain level of champion. If u have know of the logic y 4-6* should have the same iso on dupe of y a 7* giving marginally higher iso than a 4 star despite costing 8 times more iso to max it out, plz explain it. I m more than willing to hear.

Rather than logic the whole bunch of u r just piling on a conversation which is completely different from ur understanding.
  • Options

Of course there is a right answer. This is the 3rd time I m explaining to u in particular that this is not about shortage but basic maths n logic. If u had decent intentions u would have countered maths with maths. Logic with logic. But u don’t want to have a discussion. U don’t even want to understand the context. U n ur gang is just forcing us to shut this conversation.

If u have a point of view help me understand ur maths. Else it’s just plain bullying.

Give me one logical explanation of y a 6* should give the same amount of iso as a 4* when duped.
    It's simple, you think you should have enough ISO to go from Rank 1 to 5 at all times for as many champs as you want.

You're literally complaining that you don't have enough, that's called a "shortage".

It's hard to take anyone seriously if you can't take the time to spell out the words "you, your and you're".
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

You want an explanation? It’s because the lower rarity crystals don’t go away when you start ranking higher rarity champs. The higher rarity dupes don’t need to give more iso when the player is able to open more crystals in total.

Your logic would be sound if you could only use iso from duped 6* champs to rank up 6*s. But that would be insane game design. In the time it took you to acquire that 6* champ, you duped multiple 5*s and even more 4*s (if you’re running relevant content). So the higher rarities didn’t need to scale.

But now we are seeing that 4* shard rewards for high end players aren’t really a thing, and that’s why 7* dupes grant more iso. To make up for the drop in frequency of openings of lower rarities.
  • Options

It's simple, you think you should have enough ISO to go from Rank 1 to 5 at all times for as many champs as you want.

You're literally complaining that you don't have enough, that's called a "shortage".

It's hard to take anyone seriously if you can't take the time to spell out the words "you, your and you're".
    Man it’s so hard to talk to a person who refuses to hear. For the fourth time it is not about my resources. I will farm enough in a mth to get by. It is about the basic logic. Clearly u don’t have a single logical thing to contribute so u want to keep harping on ur agenda of taking this conversation to a different place.

You were saying?
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

You want an explanation? It’s because the lower rarity crystals don’t go away when you start ranking higher rarity champs. The higher rarity dupes don’t need to give more iso when the player is able to open more crystals in total.

Your logic would be sound if you could only use iso from duped 6* champs to rank up 6*s. But that would be insane game design. In the time it took you to acquire that 6* champ, you duped multiple 5*s and even more 4*s (if you’re running relevant content). So the higher rarities didn’t need to scale.

But now we are seeing that 4* shard rewards for high end players aren’t really a thing, and that’s why 7* dupes grant more iso. To make up for the drop in frequency of openings of lower rarities.
    Help me understand ur maths brother because I m not able to understand this flow. In the limited time I have spent in this game gold rewards have increased more or less in proportion with the requirements of game promotion. Content like story quest which used to give gold n catalysts have kept pace with the requirements. Same has happened to event quests and side quests. All of them have propotionaltely upgraded the rewards as per game progression. N non of them involve buying anything from store. U get a basic amount n then if u need to supplement that u go to store.

ISO for which the primary source has always been duping champions has been kept constant from the beginning of this game at 4* till 6*. While I agree that 7*s give about 1.5 time the iso 4-6* give that math is not proportionate. Because 4* to 3* ratio is 8times. Not sure y I m not able to explain this basic logic.