Options

Mastery Loadout update! Details + New end date

Hey Summoners,

An update for you all about Mastery Loadouts!

Our game team has been working hard to resolve issues impacting the launch of our newest feature.

We are in a place where we believe we have resolved the major issues. The fix has been implemented, live in-game, and we request that all Summoners engaging with the feature: Swap to your desired loadout. (If it is already equipped, swap away and swap back)

We will continue to monitor the situation and, assuming there are no further issues, we will end our "free swap" period on May 1st, giving you plenty of time to further tinker with the system!

Additionally, we're also aware of a minor issue where the badging on the Mastery button is displaying incorrectly, and we will need a future update to address this.

**Edit** The AW Default Defense checkbox will be live on April 16th!
Thank you!
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 228 ★★
    Will this also activate the set for defense checkbox or is that coming later?
  • Options
    Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 298 ★★★
    Does that mean extended stun/parry is back?
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,114 ★★★★★
    What about low pi issue? I'm still seeing my champs with low pi
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,062 ★★★★
    If we never toyed with multiple loadouts yet, do we have to do anything? Or just play as normal. Since it says swap to your desired loadout or swap away and swap back, but we have nothing to swap to.
  • Options
    Captain_MaimCaptain_Maim Posts: 336
    @Kabam Miike what about the default defender checkbox?? When are we going to see that show up properly??? I’m getting sick of having to remember to manually swap every couple days
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,070 ★★★★★
    seems to be in order thanks
  • Options
    SeenkSeenk Posts: 208 ★★

Will this also activate the set for defense checkbox or is that coming later?

"we have resolved the major issues" - the defense checkbox is an issue!
  • Options
    Added to the main post:

AW Defense checkbox will be live on April 16th.
    (Wasn't a bug, was a choice)
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,813 ★★★★★
    How to know if AW Defense mastery works?
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,699 Guardian
    Kabam Jax said:

@Kabam Jax

Will this also be the time for the implementation of Leadership being able to better manage AW Defenses ?
    Since that was described in the April Release Notes, but does not seem to be available currently.

Since it is AW Defense related, even though different from applying persistent Masteries to AW Defense, I thought you might be rolling out both at the same time. If they are both in similar AW Defense related game code.
    So, will that be coming April 16th as well ??

(As per @PacoP3k post, for Ally's that only run 1 or 2 BG in war…)
    The most recent patch notes indicated that Alliance Officer would be able to auto-clear battlegroups if we run less than three battlegroups for AW. Can anyone confirm if this is possible and how to enable this?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/364946/alliance-war-placement-auto-clear-question#latest

For reference, April Change Notes…

**Alliance War Updates
    Updates to the Alliance War Persistent Placement Phase are coming! These improvements address friction points for Alliances that typically run less than three Battlegroups. Alliance leadership can now opt in or out of auto-clearing Defense placements for specified Battlegroups at the end of a War or remove individual placements from Battlegroups instead of relying on members to remove themselves. Alliance leadership is also now able to toggle between automatic or manual placement for Defense on Maps above/below your current difficulty.
  • Options
    EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 238
    AW still seeing the bulk of issues. Wrong PI on defence placement, and just confirmed that the same issue is happening of masteries reset. Despair was not working on Node 37, and it took choosing another random loadout as active and reverting to the original one for Despair to finally work. Worryingly, this time there was no PI drop to indicate the masteries had reset themselves.
  • Options
    Silverbolt69Silverbolt69 Posts: 5
    Is the suicide mastery suppose to work in battleground? If so, it hasn’t been coming on after the fix.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★

Is the suicide mastery suppose to work in battleground? If so, it hasn’t been coming on after the fix.

If you have a loadout saved in battlegrounds, that is what is being used. The BG load out system is completely separate from this new system, which is used for everything outside of BG.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 486 ★★★
    Kabam have basically patched this with duct tape and said “it will be alright, let’s get you guys paying again mmkay?” You watch, there will still be bugs all over it.
  • Options
    KmrzKmrz Posts: 3
    I had to spend 1k units on mas cores idk if this is anything to do with the bug but it is extremely frustrating is anyone else have this bug and will it get compansated??
  • Options
    ArmoredGhostArmoredGhost Posts: 91 ★★
    After some testing it would appear that switching masteries is effecting the Autofight system, as in the fights won't start. It also seems to be causing issues with the victory screen where it can't be skipped
  • Options
    Berat1Berat1 Posts: 9
    I think Masteries setups can be available to save to Arenas.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    Berat1 said:

I think Masteries setups can be available to save to Arenas.

Everyone will love that 🤗
    That means sadly it won't happen 😞
  • Options

Kabam Jax said:

@Kabam Jax

Will this also be the time for the implementation of Leadership being able to better manage AW Defenses ?
    Since that was described in the April Release Notes, but does not seem to be available currently.

Since it is AW Defense related, even though different from applying persistent Masteries to AW Defense, I thought you might be rolling out both at the same time. If they are both in similar AW Defense related game code.
    So, will that be coming April 16th as well ??

(As per @PacoP3k post, for Ally's that only run 1 or 2 BG in war…)
    The most recent patch notes indicated that Alliance Officer would be able to auto-clear battlegroups if we run less than three battlegroups for AW. Can anyone confirm if this is possible and how to enable this?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/364946/alliance-war-placement-auto-clear-question#latest

For reference, April Change Notes…

**Alliance War Updates
    Updates to the Alliance War Persistent Placement Phase are coming! These improvements address friction points for Alliances that typically run less than three Battlegroups. Alliance leadership can now opt in or out of auto-clearing Defense placements for specified Battlegroups at the end of a War or remove individual placements from Battlegroups instead of relying on members to remove themselves. Alliance leadership is also now able to toggle between automatic or manual placement for Defense on Maps above/below your current difficulty.
    That's a good call-out - I didn't know we had that in our Patch Notes this month.

That feature has also been delayed, unrelated to the Mastery Loadouts work. A critical bug was found in the eleventh hour and the team wants to make sure the launch is smooth. I believe they're targeting next season, though the timeline hasn't been set.
  • Options
    SegitoSegito Posts: 3
    Just wanted to inform that the when I open the game except for parry and Dex the other masteries like attack and heath boost don't get activated

Only when I do a switch in the mastery loadout I get the benefits
    What is to be done because after the free switch time limit ends,
    I can't afford to use units to just get the benefits that I have already unlocked
  • Options
    UyuSsmaNUyuSsmaN Posts: 21
    @kabam,

you messing with masteryies still and we can't do parry and heavy or parry and attack ???? Hellooo wake up? Stun time expires too short like 3/4, after parry 0.01 stun time????????????
  • Options
    wangaguowangaguo Posts: 6
    How to confirm "AW Default Defense Mastery Loadouts" was corrected setup?
    After choice a "AW Default Defense Mastery. Should I place defender again?
  • Options
    DJ_SergyDJ_Sergy Posts: 40
    Limber/stupefy interaction in war still not working as intended. I swap masteries Saturday (after this announcement) to the suicide load-out then back to my usual max stupefy, max MD mastery set.

i just went in war a few mins ago using Longshot and try to parry heavy but got hit badly cause stun wasn’t long enough. Stupefy definitely didn’t work. MD did work.

Please resolve this before season start or delay season, we don’t need another war season full of issues