**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Shocker MASSIVE nerf

Comments

• Options
    DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Posts: 82

I feel like this lack of communication on their end is a broken record. Something changes, they apologize and say they’ll fix the lack of communication, and it repeats itself. Shocker is THE counter to glancing (and specifically maestro in bg) and we’ve all spent our resources to rank him up with this in mind.

The repeating systematic lack of communication is the biggest issue in my opinion. The players pay the bills here. Give us the option to rank him down. We’ll see how many actually do. If it’s restricted to just shocker, what harm in issuing RDTs?

It’s really harmful to their pocket lol
  • Options
    dannyrottendannyrotten Posts: 86

I feel like this lack of communication on their end is a broken record. Something changes, they apologize and say they’ll fix the lack of communication, and it repeats itself. Shocker is THE counter to glancing (and specifically maestro in bg) and we’ve all spent our resources to rank him up with this in mind.

The repeating systematic lack of communication is the biggest issue in my opinion. The players pay the bills here. Give us the option to rank him down. We’ll see how many actually do. If it’s restricted to just shocker, what harm in issuing RDTs?

Regardless, I don’t want to rank down shocker, I want to use him for the fights he was good at (storm x, maestro, dust, etc). That’s why I, and just about everyone else ranked him. I have other tech champs that do other things he does (like counter prowess and no crit), I don’t have many that counter glancing like he did.

• Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★

Considering shocker worked in this capacity for months and it never raised a red flag, I really dont see the issue with adding one line to his heavy: “Heavy attacks cannot be glanced”. I dont know why rank down tickets are hailed as an ideal measure. The ideal is retaining the asset you ranked up. This way, people get to retain matchups that they specifically ranked the champ for

Completely agree, this would be a much better path forward if it’s possible
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 560 ★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

They are just obsessed with control over this game. Nothing has to do with balance. If they were truly worried about balance, you wouldn’t be able to buy your way through the game. I have a almost a 6,000,000 account. I have played the game for six years spent more money than I would like to admit, and yet somehow consistently people with two and 3 million rated hero accounts, have more stacked decks than I do. Comes off as some bitter people that don’t care about their community.

they have to be obsessed about game health or it dies, so ironing out basic game mechanics is a must. that said they should offer shocker RDTs to smooth things over.
  • Options
    SnakeEyes916SnakeEyes916 Posts: 3
    Shockers heavy is supposed to gain attack while he's charging it per charge consumed. Glance should not affect that but it is, sounds like a bug
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,219 ★★★★★

Regardless, I don’t want to rank down shocker, I want to use him for the fights he was good at (storm x, maestro, dust, etc). That’s why I, and just about everyone else ranked him. I have other tech champs that do other things he does (like counter prowess and no crit), I don’t have many that counter glancing like he did.

Almost non one can counter glancing
  • Options
    Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

They are just obsessed with control over this game. Nothing has to do with balance. If they were truly worried about balance, you wouldn’t be able to buy your way through the game. I have a almost a 6,000,000 account. I have played the game for six years spent more money than I would like to admit, and yet somehow consistently people with two and 3 million rated hero accounts, have more stacked decks than I do. Comes off as some bitter people that don’t care about their community.

they have to be obsessed about game health or it dies, so ironing out basic game mechanics is a must. that said they should offer shocker RDTs to smooth things over.
    What did I say about game health???? Health is a ton of things. Balance is a small part. And in my opinion, they don’t truly care about it. The only balance they care about is keeping their control. They want you spending units and money. You think Kabam did this for game health? Have you seen the community response to the shocker Nerf. you think this is healthy?

fixing basic game mechanics is maintaining game health and they have to have control over it. it's more important than what players think or any potential short term losses that result from any changes. they have to maintain game health or the game dies.

and money is also what keeps the game alive because it doesn't survive on the well wishes of f2p players.
  • Options
    any outrage should be over not having shocker RDTs, but being pissed about them fixing basic game rules is so bad-faith.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,070 ★★★★★

Deacon said:

ok wait a second ... trying to read through all of this ... so the bottom line is you're telling me I can no longer assume Shocker will work against the same defenders I sometimes would use him against? particularly Skull and Maestro? if so .. c'mon man.

Against glancing champions.

The armor issue is being looked into but is a bug
    oh so no Maestro then but Skull should be good to go.
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 169 ★★

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

What did I say about game health???? Health is a ton of things. Balance is a small part. And in my opinion, they don’t truly care about it. The only balance they care about is keeping their control. They want you spending units and money. You think Kabam did this for game health? Have you seen the community response to the shocker Nerf. you think this is healthy?

fixing basic game mechanics is maintaining game health and they have to have control over it. it's more important than what players think or any potential short term losses that result from any changes. they have to maintain game health or the game dies.

and money is also what keeps the game alive because it doesn't survive on the well wishes of f2p players.
    You’re right. I’m hoping we get RDT’s if they don’t revert it back. My r3 shocker looking less and less good :(
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,362 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

Emilia90 said:

Skydad23 said:

What does this have to do with this thread? You’re shifting the goalposts. Also you can buy your way through pretty much any game. That’s always how it’s worked. I’m upset about the bug fix and the communication too, but I have no idea what you’re waffling on about here
    What does your response to my response have to do with this thread? I’m **** that this is a trend by a company for years they do this upsetting the players when there’s no logic behind it it’s not fixing anything it’s not balancing anything if they they should take the L. Once again, my ****, if you didn’t put two and two together but there’s no reasoning behind this because they really don’t care about balance of the game by letting people buy their way through it

Blud started malding over pay 2 win players on a thread about a nerf/bug whatever you wanna call it and gets even angrier when someone tells him his comment had nothing to do with the thread 💀
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 169 ★★
    Let’s see what today brings
  • Options
    AddictorAddictor Posts: 391 ★★★
    Rank down ticket plz
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,672 Guardian

No info about glancing on the trello board . How can they fix what wasn’t listed as bugged , lol ? Or maybe I’m wrong and there’s some mystery, formal post from Kabam about all this somewhere on the forums but I doubt it.

I’m sure the Development Team actually uses something a lot more detailed like a Bug Tracker software, etc, which could have hundreds of things listed on it, of quite varying levels of priority and/or complexity involved. And a Project Manager who has assigned such bugs in that tracking system to certain developers. etc, etc.

The Trello Board is by no means the basis for us knowing every little (or even big) thing that has been noted.
    But rather, things to inform us on, in hopes that it can be used instead of having 100 different people all make posts asking if something is a bug or not (at least, for those items listed up on Trello).

And Trello sometimes can lag behind quite a bit even after something is fixed.
    Versus their internal Bug Tracking system which would have such status as “not assigned”, assigned”, “in development”, “fixed, needs testing”, “tested, OK”, “closed”, etc.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,362 ★★★★★

Hey Summoners,

Thank you for your patience as we worked through this situation.

Before we get into the decision we’ve made, I want to apologize again for the lack of communication on the Bug that caused Shocker to be a stronger-than-intended answer to Glancing and for the bug fix that caused this situation.

There will always be situations in-game where we will need to fix Bugs that affect Champions, and we will often need to make some unpopular decisions in order to maintain the health of the game. These will not always come with compensation or rank-down tickets.

However, in this particular case, we want to make an exception because we are genuinely sorry about this lack of communication and the process around making these issues and fixes known to you all.

Rank Down tickets will be issued for 6-Star and 7-Star Shocker. Please note we do not have a process for Rank Down Tickets to affect Ascension, so we will not be able to refund any Ascension Dust.

These tickets take time to craft and deliver, so please be patient. We do not currently have a timeline for this, but when we do, we will let you know.

So my 200 t2 dust still straight to the bin, thanks I guess.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,808 ★★★★★
    Will rank ups after this timestamp

still receives RDT?
  • Options
    rankdown tickets saving a crummy but necessary fix. thanks miike.