**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Counter to Ant-man Glancing ?

CosminnCosminn Posts: 17
edited November 2023 in General Discussion
Crossbones with 4-5 Stacks of fury still doesn't counter Ant-man's Glancing. A good champ to negate glancing ?
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    SweatlipSweatlip Posts: 163
    Gp
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Patience and an inordinate number of evading special ones... any champ can do it.
    Other than that, crits, bleeds and poisons. He just sucks to fight when high enough. Hate him..
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Up to recently at least, there hasn't been any counter. Maybe duped Archangel can - a couple of guys above seen to think so. But there's no one else who has yet; and even AA will have to land the bleeds first.

Has anyone tried Kingpin's Black Iso-8 yet? Same problem with landing the first one, I guess. Still, KP's class advantage and ability to turn Fatigue into Rage should make it a short fight...
  • Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I think just a higher base damage works.

Or a chance on hit bleed champ.
  • Options
    Blade works real well. Just spec 1 over and over let him bleed out.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,782 ★★★★★
    Going by this illustration, glance cannot be negated (although thorns was already removed).
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Take for example Ant-Man. Ant-Man has a signature ability where when you attack him there is a chance for the attack to "glance." When an attack glances, its damage is reduced and its offensive ability accuracy is reduced by 100 percentage points. In other words, for all intents and purposes the attack doesn't trigger any of its offensive abilities. So what happens when Elektra attacks Ant-Man (while under a debuff)? Answer: when the attack occurs, Ant-Man first has a chance to glance the attack. If the attack glances, Elektra's own defensive ability accuracy reduction fails to take effect: it doesn't chance the equation. You can see the net effect of this if you put Ant-Man on a thorns node in AW: if you attack Ant-Man on a thorns node with a champion with defensive ability accuracy reduction like Elektra or Black Widow, every glanced attack triggers thorns damage: their DAA doesn't work. Conversely, the DAA doesn't reduce the chance for an attack to glance. Glance happens first, then only if glance fails does DAA kick in to help the attacker (these days, of course, you're more likely to see Mordo on thorns nodes).

• Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I actually have really good luck vs antman with my crossbones. I don’t know if it’s him avoiding glancing from his ability or not, but I know antman fights are much shorter with him versus without him.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I fought him earlier in 5.3.1
    I hit him 117 times with rank 5 4* Gwenpool, he hit me twice.
    I died and he still had 14k of his original 87k health
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Kabams says Antman presses a button before hit so those champs don’t work but how does Antman press the button while he’s stunned?
  • Options
    FallingKingdomsFallingKingdoms Posts: 26
    edited January 2018
    What you want is a good bleeder. He's not a hard fight, just long. If you have a bit of skill you can do it. My favorite option for the fight is gwenpool with a sp3. She just makes it so your damage on non glancing hits cancels out the reduction in damage during attacks that were 'glancing'. The total damage is about the same as it would be without glancing so the armor break really helps. Other options are ability accuracy reduction champs. They aren't guarantees but they do really help. A high sig level widow, a blade, an AA, and any other strong ability accuracy reducing champs should be able to make the fight a lot easier.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    Gp

Ive found that her L1 incinerate lands a lot, but she doesn't proc bleed as much.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Hawkeye seems to work best for me tbh. His sp1 Bleed almost always procs and deal quite a fair bit of damage.
  • Options
    Hookem254Hookem254 Posts: 3
    There is one counter that's ignores glancing, not only that but hit with all crit strike as well. One catch tho. Has to be under 25% health. Bring her to finish the fight if u have. Duped Electra. Just finshed 100% and her closing ability with all crits made it a quick death for the Ant-Man.
  • Options
    FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Archangel works for me just fine. I used him to take the Ant-Man in 5.4.6 with All or Nothing and Buffet
  • Options
    Presumably this thread got resurrected because of the Evangeline Lilly Challenge?

If you can land Neurotoxins they can reduce Glancing; so does Kingpin's Black-Iso8. I'd guess that Brother Daniel does the same.

Nebula works brilliantly; as you land shocks via a well-timed block, which isn't susceptible to Glancing. Also after your SP3, let him hit you and he can't 'glance' the shock charges (also works with Thor Ragnarok).

Corvus Glaive completely ignores Glancing when he has Glaive charges.

• Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    AA's Neurotoxins definitely do not reduce glancing. I was still glancing with 4 or 5 stacks which is more than 100% reduction.
  • Options
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    AA's Neurotoxins definitely do not reduce glancing. I was still glancing with 4 or 5 stacks which is more than 100% reduction.

Really? There seems to be a major change when I use mine.

Stupid question, but your Archangel is Awakened, right?
  • Options
    JoCro72JoCro72 Posts: 18
    Red Hulk never triggered glancing for me
  • Options
    JZ734JZ734 Posts: 95
    This has always been the case for ant-man. He seemingly has immunity to ability accuracy reduction as even a max sig BW pre-nerf would get glancing hits.
  • Options
    FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Ant-Man's signature always triggers first. It's why Black Widow can be useless against him pre-12.0
This discussion has been closed.