**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Is anyone gonna be using their rank down tickets on Shocker?

2»

Comments

• Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    edited April 16
    I probably will to level up my shiny new r5 red skull and upgrade my 7 star in the future my only reason not to would be I invested sig stones into him
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 631 ★★★
    I’ll leave him as is

I can tell you from historical evidence, a majority that use them will either Rank Up a higher rarity Shocker, or just rank down and then re-rank their same Shocker during a level up event. This won't be the case for everybody, but is what has happened for the majority of Champion specific Rank Down tickets that have gone out in the last... I want to say 5 years?

I will do the opposite because I took my 6* to r3 and then pulled the 7* during Banquet, so I'll rank down my 6* to use the resources for someone else
  • Options
    TreininTreinin Posts: 215 ★★★

I can tell you from historical evidence, a majority that use them will either Rank Up a higher rarity Shocker, or just rank down and then re-rank their same Shocker during a level up event. This won't be the case for everybody, but is what has happened for the majority of Champion specific Rank Down tickets that have gone out in the last... I want to say 5 years?

In fairness, with being unable to get the ascension dust (most valuable resource) back.. I guess not many who have ascended will want to rank him down and sit with a rank 1 champ ascended. So you might be right.
  • Options
    HulkbusterN1HulkbusterN1 Posts: 222 ★★
    I’ll rank him down
    I will r5 my shocker with rank-up jems and rank down him after just to get catalysts to rank up my 7* champs. Don’t really want to r5 my 6*s any more
  • Options
    Doctor_Doom94Doctor_Doom94 Posts: 65
    I’ll rank him down
    I will rank down my 6* version since i have a 7* at r1. Which he will never see the light above r1 at all.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,188 ★★★★★

I will r5 my shocker with rank-up jems and rank down him after just to get catalysts to rank up my 7* champs. Don’t really want to r5 my 6*s any more

Do not rank him up now, you won’t get a rank down. The rank down tickets are only going to people who had the champion ranked up prior to the announcement.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,640 ★★★★★
    edited April 16

Lol, my 7star will stay as is. But yeah the 6star will go down so I can invest elsewhere since I really don’t use that rarity anymore
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,974 ★★★★★
    I’ll leave him as is

Do it, see what happens 🤣
  • Options
    Denic_2580Denic_2580 Posts: 29
    Undecided

Will the player lose the Valiant title if he rank down Rank 3 Shocker?
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 212 ★★
    Undecided
    It really depends on what we get for ranking down Shocker. If we get raw materials, I absolutely rank him down from Rank 3 which was done with a gem for someone else, probably Hulk. If its just a gem, I probably keep him ranked. I don't think I have a Shuri or Warlock on my secondary account which are the only other people I'd rank over Shocker.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,839 ★★★★
    Undecided

Will the player lose the Valiant title if he rank down Rank 3 Shocker?
    Probably nope
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 712 ★★★
    Will those who rank him down get a generic rank up gem for whatever rarity it is? Or will they get the corresponding cats?
  • Options
    DarkPhoenix369DarkPhoenix369 Posts: 56
    Vance2_jr said:

Will those who rank him down get a generic rank up gem for whatever rarity it is? Or will they get the corresponding cats?

This is what I'm curious about too. Say someone got a tech r3 gem from Act 8 exploration and ranked up shocker. If they use the rank down ticket will they receive the tech r3 gem back or will they get the raw materials back? If they get the cats back then they can essentially use the t4a to rank up any other class they want to so it'd be like trading in their tech r3 gem for any other class they'd have the t6cc for
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 598 ★★★
    I’ll leave him as is
    Vance2_jr said:

The only time I ever considered ranking down was she-hulk way back when. And then it was just the cats, gold anb I think ISO? Although not impossible, I imagine that means you don’t get gems. It’s a bit of a hassle to see who used a generic gem versus a tech gem. And if recall correctly it was a multi level rank down. You didn’t get just the option to rank down from 5 to 4 or 4 to 3. From the last time I recall you were given the ability to rank down all the way to 1, even if you were at 5. So I wouldn’t expect gems, no.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,105 ★★★★★
    I’ll leave him as is
    I think the only time I ever considered ranking down anybody was when they nerfed Kraven the Hunter but looking at the stuff that happened with Zemo and now with Shocker, to me they don't really feel like issues.

But I have to be honest, I never used a specific play style like people were doing with Zemo or relied heavily on a background mechanic like the glancing for a specific fight (like Shocker), so to me, it was just more about how did they felt when I fought with them in Arena and often times, I never really noticed a difference.

So, for me, it just felt like a non-issue.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,105 ★★★★★
    I’ll leave him as is

Do you keep an eye on what champs do people rank up, and who have been using rank down tickets and if they rank up same champ or different? Man that's creepy.
    It might be creepy to you but this is how they track on how Champs are doing in the game. It's through this data collection that they find out whether a champ is popular, where they shine, where they struggle, whether or not they're bugged, Etc.

It's literally how they determine whether or not a new Champion needs to be rebalanced.
  • Options
    BirbmanBirbman Posts: 116
    I’ll rank him down
    I will be ranking down my 6* r5 and leaving the 7* at r3
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 487 ★★★
    I r4ed mine and pulled the 7* next day so def using rtd on the 6*
  • Options
    LifeswickedLifeswicked Posts: 146 ★★
    I’ll rank him down
    I want my 7* sig stones back I invested in my r3 shocker
  • Options
    AtzeKrankAtzeKrank Posts: 121
    edited April 19
    I’ll leave him as is

I want my 7* sig stones back I invested in my r3 shocker

This isn't how rank down tickets are working. Lol

From checking the comments most who voted rank down and commented just using the materials to rank down their 6* because they have already a 7*. So all the cry out about Shocker was just a farce coming from a few. Nice