**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Red Guardian is a beast, easily a top 10 science after his buff

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
edited April 17 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,429 ★★★★★
    Don't act like he's too good please...
  • Options

Nah let people like that guy above continue to think he's not that good. The less people know about him the better cause that means nobody will ever ban mine thinking he's mid lmao.
    Currently, nobody bans my r5 ascended so I'm over here clapping FAMs Rintrahs Kindreds Bishops and Onslaughts in 30 secs with him with zero issues, it's quite funny.

He even took Nick Fury and Maestro in that video, so is he top 10 science?
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,367 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Nah let people like that guy above continue to think he's not that good. The less people know about him the better cause that means nobody will ever ban mine thinking he's mid lmao.
    Currently, nobody bans my r5 ascended so I'm over here clapping FAMs Rintrahs Kindreds Bishops and Onslaughts in 30 secs with him with zero issues, it's quite funny.

MCOC players always have to come in with the “um acktually they’re not that good 🤓”
    Always, at least you can prove them wrong though. The funny ones are the ones that just tap on disagree no matter what you say and even if you post proof.
    Just look at OPs post, he shared a video where Nagase nukes a Maestro and an Onslaught with RG, beat 7* Titania in speed even though he's a 6* etc and we still have dummies disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing 🤣
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,055 ★★★★★
    Actually he never needed the buff. He was quite useful utility champ even before buff. Coming from a player who got him as a 6* from Cavs back when he was released. Buff immunity + slow was a killer combo for many mystics. He was quite decent before buff. Became a monster after the buff.
  • Options

Actually he never needed the buff. He was quite useful utility champ even before buff. Coming from a player who got him as a 6* from Cavs back when he was released. Buff immunity + slow was a killer combo for many mystics. He was quite decent before buff. Became a monster after the buff.

Oh no he definitely needed it, the debuffs fell off too quickly to even do anything it just wasn't practical.
    I do think they kinda overdid it and I'm very surprised they didn't tune him down even further though, but I'm not complaining, science class had been falling behind for years.
    No he didn't. He is a ok champ before buff, yes he definitely benefitted from buff, but there are atleast like 15 trash science champs who could be buffed before red guardian.

Anyways he got it and got one nice. Only if kabam puts same effort on tech champs lol. The tech class is almost at it lowest
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 561 ★★★★
    I may have forgotten he was buffed...
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 432 ★★★
    The only 6 star science besides new spidey I’m still missing. All my past nexus have been science, but no luck so far.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    I like him - my issue has always been his lack of immunities to any damaging debuffs
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,114 ★★★★

Debuffs fell off way too fast and the max sig requirement made it hard to justify investing in him because other science champs had the same utility, did it better. were more reliable, and their damage was a lot higher. Would it have been better if Kabam buffed OG Abom and Rhino before RG? Absolutely, but RG also needed the buff because there was no way to justify choosing him over other science champs
  • Options

Debuffs fell off way too fast and the max sig requirement made it hard to justify investing in him because other science champs had the same utility, did it better. were more reliable, and their damage was a lot higher. Would it have been better if Kabam buffed OG Abom and Rhino before RG? Absolutely, but RG also needed the buff because there was no way to justify choosing him over other science champs
    He sucked, His trauma is a joke, but He used to be very reliable slow champ even before the buff. He cheeses eop Dormammu. His buff is awesome, no complaints. But his pre buff form ain't toooooo bad. He was usable before buff unlike rhino/abom
  • Options
    edited April 17

Of course he needed it, before the buff, his debuff durations were too short, especially the traumas (which originally stacked to 3), and most importantly, the shield cooldown was too long. Like every time you fractured the shield, it increased the cooldown by like + 300% duration. This basically made him (almost) unusable in long fights as you would need to use sp3 to restore the shield and lose a lot of damage as a result. Also every time you parried, the shield would lose one charge if he wasn’t sig 200.

So to summarize you basically needed him max sig and even then he was too stressful to be used in the right situation
  • Options
    edited April 17

Oh no he definitely needed it, the debuffs fell off too quickly to even do anything it just wasn't practical.
    I do think they kinda overdid it and I'm very surprised they didn't tune him down even further though, but I'm not complaining, science class had been falling behind for years.
    No he didn't. He is a ok champ before buff, yes he definitely benefitted from buff, but there are atleast like 15 trash science champs who could be buffed before red guardian.

Anyways he got it and got one nice. Only if kabam puts same effort on tech champs lol. The tech class is almost at it lowest
    He was not an ok champ lol
    https://youtu.be/qL_pDb68Ae8?si=pbHRvGB87dBYU7-X
    One mistake and all your debuffs were gone. Three seconds of passive AI and you lost all ramp up not to mention fracturing the shield was extremely punishing.
    Those other trash science champs are probably getting overhauls like Superior Iron Man, that's why they didn't get buffed.

Yeah tech class definitely needs more now. FAM and Shocker were great additions, Prowler looks insane, but compared to the science class... Yeah not even close.
  • Options
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:
    Two videos back to back is crazy. Someone tell Nagase to stop uploading so many RG cheese videos before mine starts getting banned 24/7 😔
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:
    Two videos back to back is crazy. Someone tell Nagase to stop uploading so many RG cheese videos before mine starts getting banned 24/7 😔
    It’s funny to me how every buff gets slept on for weeks/months before people realize how good the champ is. Happened with Juggs, Hulk, Red Skull, and RG, and I’m sure it’ll continue to happen
    Indeed, when I tell you I'm in V3 and I still haven't seen a single RG in a deck other than mine... Yeah, it's hilarious how people want to stick to the same champs 90% of the time instead of trying something new, no wonder so many whales lose against me lol "it's okay pal you can go ahead and use your 7* Titania or Pig while I kill anything you throw at me in 25 secs with this champ you've been sleeping on for months" 💀
  • Options
    Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Posts: 213 ★★
    PT_99 said:

Wow his sp2 ignores glancing? Incoming Kabam balancing 🤧

It's not a balance its a "big"😂
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,049 ★★★

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:
    It’s funny to me how every buff gets slept on for weeks/months before people realize how good the champ is. Happened with Juggs, Hulk, Red Skull, and RG, and I’m sure it’ll continue to happen
    Indeed, when I tell you I'm in V3 and I still haven't seen a single RG in a deck other than mine... Yeah, it's hilarious how people want to stick to the same champs 90% of the time instead of trying something new, no wonder so many whales lose against me lol "it's okay pal you can go ahead and use your 7* Titania or Pig while I kill anything you throw at me in 25 secs with this champ you've been sleeping on for months" 💀
    I really am considering taking mine to R5. Always liked the champ, and 7* Hulk continues to elude me, so a big, quick damage dealer might be pretty good in my deck. My other science champs are Scorp, Titania, Silk, Photon, and just added Punk. Probably a toss up between Scorp, Silk, and Punk of who he’d take the spot of.
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:
    I really am considering taking mine to R5. Always liked the champ, and 7* Hulk continues to elude me, so a big, quick damage dealer might be pretty good in my deck. My other science champs are Scorp, Titania, Silk, Photon, and just added Punk. Probably a toss up between Scorp, Silk, and Punk of who he’d take the spot of.
    Honestly, I've been using RG on attack even more than Scorpion or Silk (and I have a 7* r2). If you want my opinion, it's between Scorp and Silk cause the utility Spunk has is going to be very very good for BGs even if he isn't the quickest.

Silk is quicker than Scorpion cause more damage but Scorpion has more utility. Ultimately though I think I'd replace Silk cause the only great utility she has is slow and RG already has that on sp1 so.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,049 ★★★

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:
    Honestly, I've been using RG on attack even more than Scorpion or Silk (and I have a 7* r2). If you want my opinion, it's between Scorp and Silk cause the utility Spunk has is going to be very very good for BGs even if he isn't the quickest.

Silk is quicker than Scorpion cause more damage but Scorpion has more utility. Ultimately though I think I'd replace Silk cause the only great utility she has is slow and RG already has that on sp1 so.
    Yea, I actually find myself using Scorpion a tad less than BGs a few months ago. Although, I feel he's still a staple just because of the utility he has and it would be unwise to remove. You're right about Silk though...with RG having Slow, and Punk possibly being a bit better of an intercept counter to Onslaught, replacing Silk (saddens me as I just r2 her the other night, but she's still unawakened..) with RG might be the better play.