Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Call me crazy but BGs have improved?

PandingoPandingo Posts: 729 ★★★
I know that essentially all that was changed was better rewards. But with the last 4 stages being waaay more clutch than some 6* shards I'm not only trying harder but even when I hit a losing streak I feel like I'm enjoying battlegrounds more. Anybody else?

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,439 ★★★★★
    100% agree, I enjoyed last season too but something definitely changed, I'm about to hit V3 and I haven't lost a single match in yet.

Last season I would've already been struggling a bit but this time it seems whales are moving up a lot quicker.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,199 ★★★★★
    Bgs are good until V3.
    Just hit Vibranium and you have the worst possible matchups evar
  • Options
    TeleusTeleus Posts: 114
    edited April 17
    lol - oddly enough I started diamond IV with ten straight losses. Lots of close fights where I was slightly slower/took slightly more damage and lost by <1k. Though, tbf I seem to suck at BG in general.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 692 ★★★★
    Currently I'm in Diamond II and since the past recent seasons have been easy up until needing the five medals to progress, I expect it will get harder for me soon.

That being said, I've noticed a different pattern in matchmaking this season that I haven't seen since S13. This was the first season I've faced a TB since S13. It's also the second time I've faced more than 1 account in a whole season that has lower prestige than me since S12.

I've noticed for a while that as my account increases, my competition also increases, making it feel like a zero-sum gain or sometimes even a detriment to progress. However, since getting Valiant with 8.4, my account has improved, but my competition is at the same level it had been when I was a paragon
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 955 ★★★★
    edited April 17
    So far not really, it’s probably just unlucky matchmaking on my part but out of the 15 or so matches I’ve played I’ve matched 1 big paragon and the rest all valiants. Not a single account weaker than mine and I’m a 20k prestige Valiant now. I’m only diamond 2 btw. A couple were at least pretty close to even though so I enjoyed those.

Glad to hear that others are having an easier time though. Hopefully it means I just got hit with some bad timing and for the most part it’ll be easier.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    Winning more does not mean it's better. Wait til you hit vibranium and go on a 15 game awful streak. A handful of games is not a damning indictment or a positive thing. I had a good last season, a rotten season before and this season is mixed.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,775 ★★★★★
    Still full of hackers and AI bugs
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,214 ★★★★

Apparently not everyone is having an easier time lol

Looks like one needs to GET GOOD and the other is already Good.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 955 ★★★★
    edited April 17

Apparently not everyone is having an easier time lol

Looks like one needs to GET GOOD and the other is already Good.
    Very possible lol. I don’t like to just say “skill issue” to every complaint about bgs as skill is not the only factor in winning matches. (Though definitely a large part of it.) There’s so many things that determine winning or losing a match, and I don’t wanna be blind to a legitimate problem that may be happening by just assuming it’s a skill issue every time. But I will admit, most of the time it is lol.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,435 ★★★★★

Still full of hackers and AI bugs

Yep, still.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,712 ★★★★★
    Just as bad as always but at least the wasted elders marks are put to good use.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 820 ★★★★
    I mean the rewards are better
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★
    With more incentive you worry less about losing because you know it will be worth it in the end. Great changes adding titan shards and 7* shards
  • Options
    DarknessFallsDarknessFalls Posts: 131 ★★

100% agree, I enjoyed last season too but something definitely changed, I'm about to hit V3 and I haven't lost a single match in yet.

Last season I would've already been struggling a bit but this time it seems whales are moving up a lot quicker.

You do know if you win someone loses. Not everyone feels the same way hence. So their will always be complains.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 729 ★★★
    So. I WAS enjoying the season. Until I got to vibranium 2. Idk what exactly changes but all these forfeits are because my rng has been so bad that my opponent was just drafting answers to every draft I made and I just wasn't drafting answers. Over and over and over. Then I chose not to ban hulkling one time. And boom. I draft two tech and they drafted hulkling off the bat. Then I allowed a r3 duped bullseye through since I've been getting better at him. Boom first choice for them was the bullseye and I didn't draft one of my two storms the whole time. What is this change in intensity? It went from fun to go find a stick and beat yourself with it. In no time flat.

• Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 853 ★★★★
    Pandingo said:

So. I WAS enjoying the season. Until I got to vibranium 2. Idk what exactly changes but all these forfeits are because my rng has been so bad that my opponent was just drafting answers to every draft I made and I just wasn't drafting answers. Over and over and over. Then I chose not to ban hulkling one time. And boom. I draft two tech and they drafted hulkling off the bat. Then I allowed a r3 duped bullseye through since I've been getting better at him. Boom first choice for them was the bullseye and I didn't draft one of my two storms the whole time. What is this change in intensity? It went from fun to go find a stick and beat yourself with it. In no time flat.

Vibranium is a huge bottleneck, so the odds are you’ll face a whale this early in the season who has an answer to everything are high. I just hit vib 3 and my first match was against a guy with every new champ and the best bg champs this game his to offer. But before vib it wasn’t bad.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    edited April 18
    Pandingo said:

I'll die on the hill that RNG drafting needs to go, no other competitive game has it. You do your bans, then you take turns drafting from your remaining pool. If you're allowing one team to draft all their good champs and the other team to get no counters to that or to never see certain champions. "Skill" goes out the window, lost so many matches because the opponent drafts all science for example and I get a bunch of mystics. Or he'll draft maestro bullseye and I get no sorcerer or mutant/cgr. What's the point in meticulously picking your pool when the games going to choose who you get anyway.

Like you said, feels awful when you lock in Maestro Hulkling for them to go "Chavez Kindred" or to lock in Peni Omega and then they get "hulkling, galan" sometimes the other player gets fisted too, but it's not even skillful foresight or counterpicking, it's the game looking at your deck and saying, best believe you're not seeing champion X or Y this entire drafting phase, but oh, you see that absman the opponent has two counters for, you're going to see him all 3 turns.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,439 ★★★★★

You do know if you win someone loses. Not everyone feels the same way hence. So their will always be complains.
    You realize that's just the nature of the game mode right? Of course one person has to lose that's how competition works lmao this is precisely why participation trophies are dumb. What point exactly were you trying to make?
    I was just telling OP I agree with him cause that's been my experience lately too.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Well I look at it like this: I'm only in it for the 2.5k Titan Shards because with that I will be able to open another crystal.

I am in Diamond II right now with 182k points in the solo event, so 118k to go. Even if I lost every single fight from now on, that's 53 matches for the rest of the month and I have enough Elder's Marks saved up for that.

So I can only win... ^^ Which is why I go into the fights a bit more relaxed. Hope that helps keep my cool in the spicy fights!
  • Options
    Pandingo said:

I don't know man... What's up with that "not even trying"? So you only want to do the easy fights?
  • Options
    So I reached vib 2. My last match in vib 3 was against some stacked p2w roster. Lost first round at big margin. In the next round, he lost like 15% health against my mojo with his titania, while my scorp took his bishop in 100% health (Felling love in scorp, that regen on sp2 is nuts even tho I'm just in 20 sigs). In third round, boii tried to trap me, I had abs sunny and venom, he had abs kp and HT. He thought I'll put abs in defense, and he put his abs in defense.

Little did he know that my boii Venom slays in defense as well.

Don't underestimate the power of Venommmmmm.

• Options
    edited April 18

So I reached vib 2. My last match in vib 3 was against some stacked p2w roster. Lost first round at big margin. In the next round, he lost like 15% health against my mojo with his titania, while my scorp took his bishop in 100% health (Felling love in scorp, that regen on sp2 is nuts even tho I'm just in 20 sigs). In third round, boii tried to trap me, I had abs sunny and venom, he had abs kp and HT. He thought I'll put abs in defense, and he put his abs in defense.

Great match! I guess that happens when Venom refuses to throw his SP1... To this day I can only evade the SP2 just half the time... :D

However: it says Diamond 1... ^^

• Options

Great match! But it says Diamon 1... ^^
    I still don't know how it works. It shows vib 3 is complete, but my league is still vib3

• Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 692 ★★★★

Pandingo said:

I don't know man... What's up with that "not even trying"? So you only want to do the easy fights?
    I never understood nor respect why people would just quit without trying. There have been a number of matches where on paper I was sure to lose but ended up winning
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 414 ★★★

5 fights today, 4 wins and promotion to D2...slowly but surely towards the GC 🫣

21 fights and 18 wins so far this season. Personally significantly higher win percentage, which is connected with the doubling of R5s this season compared to previous seasons.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 751 ★★★★
    Why are so many people mentioning prestige? Someone's account and deck strength has little corelation to prestige.
    I'm 22.5k and my deck is 6r5A, 7r2 and above. I can beat 25-26k prestige guys and can lose to a 20k guy.
    Deck construction, draft strategy, defender placements and of course skill matters the most.
  • Options

Pandingo said:

I never understood nor respect why people would just quit without trying. There have been a number of matches where on paper I was sure to lose but ended up winning
    Yeah right. But some accounts are really so intimidating, but I've had like 3-4 wins this season like you said - on paper it seems impossible but always remember this - big accounts can buy all the dope champs, but skill never can't be bought, which most whales (outside of Content creators) lack.