Will this game ever have true, actual, real-time PVP?

2Β»

Comments

• DiscoNnectKingDiscoNnectKing Member Posts: 492 β˜…β˜…β˜…

I'm not sure. There's a lot of factors involved here, not the least important of which is the technical limitations and technology. But over time, Technology gets better, an those limitations dwindle. There was a time when we couldn't imagine doing something as crazy as having Ghost Rider summon his Motorcycle into the fight, or make a character like Sandman, but those days are long ago now.

The gameplay itself would also need some work. Unlike most fighting games, which are a mix of Action/Reaction, I think that MCOC is much more based on Reaction, and there would be a lot of waiting around for your opponent to dash in so you could either try to block or intercept. I would imaging there would have to be no masteries (or at least no parry), a way to break block that is more reliable than a heavy attack, and the removal or adjustment of intercepts.

There's also some Champions that would need to be reworked, like the already mentioned Hyperion, or even Magik.

I say we can't say never, but there would be work that needs to be done.

Interesting answer!πŸ€” you could also black list some champs like hype/magic/etc
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,374 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I would rather want MCOC for consoles, then maybe a pvp version would be possible?

But for now BGs is the closest thing to a PVP match
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,939 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I would rather have a mcoc game for console and pc with a pre set roster of characters and a story mode like mortal combat

Id love a console version of this game but it needs to be different than them games like it is with the mobile games this is unique it feels than mk so the console has to be unique but it be best way to do the pvp feature but think thats too much time to do of making a console version
  • Tonystark1119Tonystark1119 Member Posts: 7 β˜…
    If I remember correctly, Dave and Busters has a machine where you can have an arenas style PVP battle against someone else.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,527 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Player complain about AI not throwing specials and being passive
    Player wants to play against other player in real time even though the opponent will be holding block waiting for an opening and not throwing specials unless they land...
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,242 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 18
    This is wholly unnecessary, in a PvP setting like Mike said you'd have to change the way this game functions. The VERY thing that makes it so unique.
    Without its iconic combat mechanics , the game would lose the very essence of what makes it stand out.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Member Posts: 3,113 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I'm not sure. There's a lot of factors involved here, not the least important of which is the technical limitations and technology. But over time, Technology gets better, an those limitations dwindle. There was a time when we couldn't imagine doing something as crazy as having Ghost Rider summon his Motorcycle into the fight, or make a character like Sandman, but those days are long ago now.

The gameplay itself would also need some work. Unlike most fighting games, which are a mix of Action/Reaction, I think that MCOC is much more based on Reaction, and there would be a lot of waiting around for your opponent to dash in so you could either try to block or intercept. I would imaging there would have to be no masteries (or at least no parry), a way to break block that is more reliable than a heavy attack, and the removal or adjustment of intercepts.

There's also some Champions that would need to be reworked, like the already mentioned Hyperion, or even Magik.

I say we can't say never, but there would be work that needs to be done.

Or maybe it can be something where there are precustom/restricted characters that both players could use like an arcade style. I could see the potential, but the implementation of course is the complicated part.
  • DarknessFallsDarknessFalls Member Posts: 162 β˜…β˜…

This is wholly unnecessary, in a PvP setting like Mike said you'd have to change the way this game functions. The VERY thing that makes it so unique.
    Without its iconic combat mechanics , the game would lose the very essence of what makes it stand out.

I don't see an issue with some mastery being removed, as already lot of them are becoming irrelevant with certain nodes and Champs.

Further time limit with make players attack as one with higher point will win.

AI reaction speed and playing with an opponent is completely different. Don't see an issue there as well, since there wont be boost to health and attack required.
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 18
    Don't know whether this has been said already, but I think the most importand mechanic that would need to change is the all-the-way dash-in... As long as the dash in cannot be interrupted and automatically results in a medium hit, there cannot be a reasonable pvp experience...

Oh, and of course SP3 would need to be locked for everyone...
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,803 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Just imagine how it would be, both players just stay on block the whole damn time. Doesn't work

Well you need to actually attack to win a match, I dare you to hold block when I’m spamming basic attacks with my bullseye or Hulkling or Adam Warlock
    Re-parry, boom
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Just imagine how it would be, both players just stay on block the whole damn time. Doesn't work

Well you need to actually attack to win a match, I dare you to hold block when I’m spamming basic attacks with my bullseye or Hulkling or Adam Warlock
    Re-parry, boom
    Why would I hit your block twice when I know that re-parry is a possibility? I am already trained not to do this, thanks to the re-parry bug with double medium champs... :D
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Member Posts: 598 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I really wish they would remake the game as a console version with proper fighting game gameplay. Imagine MCOC as an Injustice or Mortal Kombat type fighting game.

The mobile version could still exist and you could earn bonuses from both.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 912 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    hyperion GOAT
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,398 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    You say hype the goat ? I say dragonman. Power gain and unblockable after ? Smash in the corner ? Hell yeah !
  • J4mmy_d0dger123J4mmy_d0dger123 Member Posts: 297 β˜…β˜…

Thanks for the insight guys

Is the username an arm wrestling reference?
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,398 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

I’m talking about 2 summoner attackers fighting in a 2 player battle, why don’t we have that yet, and would it be possible to implement?

Although technically speaking if you really want to fight another player 1v1, you could always meet up at a Dave and Busters that has the arcade version.
    Yes!

Here is a video for the people that didn't know this

https://youtu.be/2CKNqiF0in0?si=QcM9MM9HZww109Xl
    πŸ‘†πŸ˜Amazing
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,803 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Re-parry, boom
    Why would I hit your block twice when I know that re-parry is a possibility? I am already trained not to do this, thanks to the re-parry bug with double medium champs... :D
    You smort,
    OP not.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

DNA3000 said:

I’m talking about 2 summoner attackers fighting in a 2 player battle, why don’t we have that yet, and would it be possible to implement?

Although technically speaking if you really want to fight another player 1v1, you could always meet up at a Dave and Busters that has the arcade version.
    Yes!

Here is a video for the people that didn't know this

https://youtu.be/2CKNqiF0in0?si=QcM9MM9HZww109Xl
    πŸ‘†πŸ˜Amazing
    That's awesome!!!