**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Scarcity of iso & Gold !

QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 1,136 ★★★
Anyone experience a scarcity of iso & Gold nowadays.....any idea to get this items?

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★
    Incursions gold,
    Side quest shops gives tons of gold
    Buy uncollected gold crystal from glory
    100% Act-7,8
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 645 ★★★
    Variant
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,746 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Vanitelia said:

MCOC does require a bit of strategy and resource management

But this requires players to use their brains AND actually play the game. Neither of which anyone who makes these threads is willing to do
    "But I don't want to actually do the thing that will solve these problems for me."

Okay then you're creating it for yourself. Even if you don't have the time to put in, accept that you'll progress slower because you play less. It's not that hard
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 2,056 ★★★★★
    Vanitelia said:

Did you do any mass rankups recently? Call me crazy, but we see these threads when content drops, people get crystals and rankup mats, and then wonder where their gold and iso went. MCOC does require a bit of strategy and resource management.

When running short on a certain resource, you have to pick and choose who to rank up and what level to get them to in order to accomplish the objective you're trying to reach. At higher levels, access to those resources increase and you have the ability to rank more freely.

I get that the speed at which new players can progress in the game nowadays, but they don't experience the hardships that most older players had to go through in the early iterations of the game. It definitely changes your perspective on these sorts of things.

Every, Damm, day....
    These threads are getting old.

Use gold and iso to rank champs, whine about the gold and iso shortage because they don't know how to manage their resources, blame it on a shortage.
    Rinse and repeat.

It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,664 ★★★★★
    More gates, less problems
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 729 ★★★★

From what I read this also depends on if you are a mature player.

76 yo mature player seeking iso and gold SWIPE LEFT.

The problem is that patience is a dying virtue in this game. If people would be willing to wait and put in the effort, there would be fewer complaint posts. I also think it's arrogant for newer accounts to expect to have the same level of resorces as those who have grinded the game for years
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,664 ★★★★★

From what I read this also depends on if you are a mature player.

76 yo mature player seeking iso and gold SWIPE LEFT.

The problem is that patience is a dying virtue in this game. If people would be willing to wait and put in the effort, there would be fewer complaint posts. I also think it's arrogant for newer accounts to expect to have the same level of resorces as those who have grinded the game for years
    The problem is having UC and Cavs running around with 6 and 7*s.. thinking its perfectly normal while doing small content.
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 439 ★★★★
    #fakenews

• Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 1,136 ★★★

#fakenews

Wow 😳 that's lot
  • Options

#fakenews

Rookie numbers

• Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 439 ★★★★
    But where's your gold? I also used almost 1000 in the last few days with Level up on my 8.4 champ pulls.
  • Options

But where's your gold? I also used almost 1000 in the last few days with Level up on my 8.4 champ pulls.

Running a bit low

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,526 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/365413/6-day-old-account-too-much-god-tier-nat-5#latest

This is why people think gold and ISO are scarce. These new accounts collect champions so quickly, it looks like gold and ISO aren't readily available.
  • Options
    Cap_MuricaCap_Murica Posts: 247 ★★★
    I have to keep selling ISO constantly because they are on the verge of expiration...
  • Options
    M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 168 ★★
    I agree that 6* and 7* should be reserved for Paragons and Valiants only. Allow the "BG matchmaking is broken" threads to multiply exponentially, the servers for the forum crash, and I can go back to interacting with real human people. I am convinced you are all bots because of how repetitive all these threads are. Someone created this game and this forum and filled it with bots to mess with me.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 826 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Vanitelia said:

But this requires players to use their brains AND actually play the game. Neither of which anyone who makes these threads is willing to do
    Is that you Mr. "Diggity"? Where do you place in BGs btw with this arrogant attitude?
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 812 ★★★★
    ISO/Gold for spenders is easy... just the $5 deals gets plents of ISO to sell.

For F2P... if you dupe enough champs you'll be fine, but the number of crysteals rolls in much slower. There are times when it surges / plenty to go around, but usually coincides with new champs to rank up / hard to get ahead and build up a stash.

(I say that as a spender... while there are many with way more than me... I personally manage to stay level / slowly accumulate).

That said.. the general inventory before things go into overflow typically equate roughly to "you can keep enough to rank up 1 champion of any class all the way up for all star levels" for class items, and for basics, enough to do that for about 3 classes. Obviously it isn't a perfect formula, but it isn't far off.

For ISO, while the size of bricks have made it a bit easier to keep some... its nowhere near enough. You can't keep enough ISO in inventory to take a new 7 start from R1->R3 or even a 6 star from R1-R5 without using overflow.

As such, I think part of the solution is: let people keep more ISO on hand than a few dozen bricks across all classes. This won't help with gold at all, but it will let people keep more ISO on hand / not have to sell it, to then be out when they actually need it.
  • Options
    M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 168 ★★
    one does not simply walk into GC without iso or gold
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

Vanitelia said:

Is that you Mr. "Diggity"? Where do you place in BGs btw with this arrogant attitude?

What you just said is the equivalent of "oh you like nirvana? Name 5 songs by them." What does bg placement have to do with any of this lmfao 💀
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,979 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Vanitelia said:

What you just said is the equivalent of "oh you like nirvana? Name 5 songs by them." What does bg placement have to do with any of this lmfao 💀
    Lmao man you crazy 😂😂😂😂😭😭😭
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,979 ★★★★★
    I used to until I stopped doing unecessary rank ups last year, (*key word is UNECESSARY*) and started managing my account better. I started hoarding gold, and ISO, sold expiring ISO for gold, and started using Glory to buy the UC Gold crystals from Glory store, instead of rank up mats. BG store has rank up mats, buy them there, save glory for gold crystals. I'm not an arena grinder, so I will purchase the $5 daily deals 2-3 times per week. Those are guaranteed champion dupes that I get ISO from, and if needed, sell for gold.

When we had/have the gold on quest paths, and back when we had gold in the store, I chose the gold instead of rank up mats.

Also, I save my incursion shards instead of opening them since there is not a single champ in that incursion crystal that I want. They might be useful for iso from the 4* crystal.

Keep in mind that every champ doesn't have to be ranked up. Once you do this, your gold and iso will start growing and you won't have a shortage.

I'm now in a good gold position where I can comfortably rank anyone I want, even multiple champs, without having to worry about gold and iso.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,526 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Vanitelia said:

In before HungryHippo calls me a defender.
  • Options
    Joey_Joe_joe_27Joey_Joe_joe_27 Posts: 119 ★★
    Here’s the thing:

I always have gold and iso shortages. It’s because I’m immature and can’t wait to rank up champs. The thing that differentiates me and these post spammers is I recognize that the issue is MYSELF. Not the game. I’m playing the game how I want to and that’s rightfully causing me issues.
    I’ve offered reasonable solutions like increasing the amount of iso and gold people could get from 6 and 7* dupes. But I’m not demanding Kabam does anything. Making posts like these are pointless.