HOW TO NERF ONSLAUGHT 😱

SamanunSamanun Member Posts: 699 ★★★
you don't.

one of the best defenders to be released in a while, good work 🫵

Comments

• Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    Agreed.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,286 ★★★★★
    Out of 100% there's probably only a 5% chance he'll get nerfed.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,286 ★★★★★
    Photon is a good Onslaught counter, she can parry Onslaught, she isn't metal so can remove neuros one by one, and has base energy resistance (30%) so even if they build up, she doesn't take much damage from it
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★
    I faced him with havok he just melted
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    @Emilia90 @ahmynuts took a while but finally a W take from this person lol
  • SagaChampionSagaChampion Member Posts: 1,277 ★★★

• PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
    edited April 20
    @MadGodOryx Well if your main issue are longer fights with him outside of battlegrounds then there's like plenty of options for it, havok, WWBN, Hulkbuster, Shoker, I have seen people take him down with Ultron and silk even. If you're one of those people that are good with tigra you can use her to deal with him. Even Hulk works
    As far as him being a tactic defender, well see about that when we get to it

This insightful defense of Onslaught brought to you by the same 2 brain cells that thinks its better to let Quake and Magick rot into obscurity than eat a minor nerf and be let into 6 and 7 star pools.

This community never ceases to disappoint

Hmm I see you've pointed out two entirely separate topics that aren't related in the slightest. Mind using a few more braincells and explain what's so bad about Onslaught?
    Hes too generic a defender that needs an “Out” he has incredible block pen, turns off masteries, and his vast suite of immunities means a majority of high energy resist champs who should do well against him cant do jack (Although Havok is amazing against him outside BGs)

When your standing counterplay is “try to nuke him before he can do anything defensively”, thats absurd and frankly untenable in modes such as AW, especially if/when he ever becomes a tactic defender.

Something as simple as “Onslaught loses X when inflicted with a cowardice buff” would be incredible IMO. Cowardice is a rare debuff, almost exclusively held by tech champs, that would be a natural counter to a special attack happy mutant champ.
    He already was a tactic defender and it wasn't that bad.

As for the "try to nuke him before he can do anything defensively" that is incorrect and it's probably the reason people struggle so much against him. Onslaught isn't a defender you want to try nuke unless you have a decent counter or just don't care about losing a ton of health straight up. You want to be constantly purifying neuros and not playing too aggressively, if you do that you will most likely lose the round.
    Health matters more than time anyways so unless you placed a terrible defender and are sure your opponent can nuke in 30 secs then it's absolutely pointless and you're pretty much shooting yourself on the foot by doing that.
  • MadGodOryxMadGodOryx Member Posts: 76
    EdisonLaw said:

Photon is a good Onslaught counter, she can parry Onslaught, she isn't metal so can remove neuros one by one, and has base energy resistance (30%) so even if they build up, she doesn't take much damage from it

Parrying Onslaught is a bad idea because then you lose willpower which can be a HUGE source of healing against him if you play it right with the crush and organic debuffs
  • SamanunSamanun Member Posts: 699 ★★★

This insightful defense of Onslaught brought to you by the same 2 brain cells that thinks its better to let Quake and Magick rot into obscurity than eat a minor nerf and be let into 6 and 7 star pools.

Hmm I see you've pointed out two entirely separate topics that aren't related in the slightest. Mind using a few more braincells and explain what's so bad about Onslaught?
    Hes too generic a defender that needs an “Out” he has incredible block pen, turns off masteries, and his vast suite of immunities means a majority of high energy resist champs who should do well against him cant do jack (Although Havok is amazing against him outside BGs)

When your standing counterplay is “try to nuke him before he can do anything defensively”, thats absurd and frankly untenable in modes such as AW, especially if/when he ever becomes a tactic defender.

Something as simple as “Onslaught loses X when inflicted with a cowardice buff” would be incredible IMO. Cowardice is a rare debuff, almost exclusively held by tech champs, that would be a natural counter to a special attack happy mutant champ.
    How is he generic? “he has incredible block pen” well don’t block him, “he turns off masteries” he turns of one mastery and only if you perform one action that you literally should not be doing for a multitude of reasons (two reasons) reason number 1 inequity reason number 2 it turns off willpower, i thought you said you learned how to fight this guy…? There are a 💩 ton of champs that can take this guy kushala, abs, kitty, fant, hulkling, hulk, ham, photon, titania, rintrah, adam, sassy, jj, gamora, cgr, photon, tigra, juggs, sorcerer, silk, herc, my god i could go on for days basically the entire roster can take this guy even some skill champs like nick and valk, masacre and xbones should be able to take him as well, and you don't have to “nuke him down before he can do anything defensively” that is a misconception.
  • MadGodOryxMadGodOryx Member Posts: 76
    Samanun said:

How is he generic? “he has incredible block pen” well don’t block him, “he turns off masteries” he turns of one mastery and only if you perform one action that you literally should not be doing for a multitude of reasons (two reasons) reason number 1 inequity reason number 2 it turns off willpower, i thought you said you learned how to fight this guy…? There are a 💩 ton of champs that can take this guy kushala, abs, kitty, fant, hulkling, hulk, ham, photon, titania, rintrah, adam, sassy, jj, gamora, cgr, photon, tigra, juggs, sorcerer, silk, herc, my god i could go on for days basically the entire roster can take this guy even some skill champs like nick and valk, masacre and xbones should be able to take him as well, and you don't have to “nuke him down before he can do anything defensively” that is a misconception.
    It’s incredible how you managed to write so much without actually reading what I typed, ignoring all my points, and somehow thinking you had anything worthwhile to say at all.

Buddy, pal, friend. If you dont have anything helpful to say, say nothing. It’ll help you in the long run
    Samanun said:

Redemption arc lol
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★
    Is this madgodoryx guy another grounded wisdom account? Bc he sounds like him.... Btw I agree with op onslaught is great the way he is no nerf needed nuff said
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 808 ★★★★

Agreed ,people who find onslaught hard to fight are people who suck at dexing his sp1.
    Too bad skill issue doesn't demand the nerf of an excellent champion.
    These people wanted the same thing done to Korg, thing, doom, kindred and literally every other meta defender. Less whining and more practice would be helpful.

It's not about the l1, it's about losing 30-40% hp without getting touched. Not hit, touched.
    U can dex all his specials, not take 1 blocked hit, intercept the whole fight and still lose a third of your health. Why? Because you get neuroshocks on you when you hit him (15% chance, which in kabam math it's more like 75%). This is what should be removed, leave the neuros just on his hits.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,091 ★★★★★
    Crys23 said:

Agreed ,people who find onslaught hard to fight are people who suck at dexing his sp1.
    These people wanted the same thing done to Korg, thing, doom, kindred and literally every other meta defender. Less whining and more practice would be helpful.

It's not about the l1, it's about losing 30-40% hp without getting touched. Not hit, touched.
    U can dex all his specials, not take 1 blocked hit, intercept the whole fight and still lose a third of your health. Why? Because you get neuroshocks on you when you hit him (15% chance, which in kabam math it's more like 75%). This is what should be removed, leave the neuros just on his hits.
    Yes even without his neuroshocks, he is a 5/5 defender with crush, no parry and tough to dodge specials. He just has lot of defensive abilties bounded together in single champ, that's what makes him annoying.
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 856 ★★★
    Agreed.
  • OxygeN610OxygeN610 Member Posts: 60
    for me the only thing i would like remove is the crush, sometimes i can't even dex after my 10th hit ... and get hit instantly..

the rest is fine
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 ★★★★★
    edited April 20

I was very concerned that i had multiple notifications as soon as I logged on here lmaooo

I do agree though op. He doesn't really need to be nerfed. Maybe toned down a smidge if anything but he has counters and is manageable
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 903 ★★★★
    I like how you cannot punish his specials. That's not going to change but that's what I'd change. Getting openings on him is a bit of a challenge.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,989 ★★★★
    I just got a 6* today and added to my bg deck so i m all good abt not nerfing.
  • SamanunSamanun Member Posts: 699 ★★★
    Crys23 said:

You need to send a video of yourself fighting onslaught because i can guarantee you’re doing something wrong, you do not lose 30-40% hp onslaughts neuros are not that potent
  • Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Member Posts: 262 ★★
    Samanun said:

you don't.

L take but people are allowed their opinions
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★

Samanun said:

you don't.

Completely disagree.... 🤪

Samanun said:

you don't.

Where does it say you aren't allowed to post your opinion?