**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Who are people using to beat Kindred ???? I get wrecked.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Batman_bruce31Batman_bruce31 Posts: 224 ★★
    I used onslaught….2 solos and used 1 revive on the remaining 2 runs each
  • Options
    Pickle_ticklePickle_tickle Posts: 22
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

dee_jay5 said:

This kind of difficulty shouldn't be in side quests, not fun at all.

If the key was non-refundable I would agree. But since he's right there and costs very little energy, and you can practice as many times as you want, I don't consider this fight to be completely out of bounds. It is a significantly above average side quest boss, but any quest with only one fight and very little entry costs that you do not need to spend revives or potions on is not an unacceptable side quest fight in my opinion.

Even with my 40%-ish success rate against him, it still took less time and resources than many other side quest weekly tasks have taken.
    You're just simply wrong. Even with r3 7 stars, its still extremely likely he gets you with degen. The fight is poorly designed even if you have the right counters. Even with punishing special ones, not getting hit and trying to blow him up as fast as possible with my best champs, it's still near impossible to get a solo for the average player. It's not like he's difficult like WoW Dani, that was hard to dodge the special but by learning how to do it, you can solo her. Against this kindred, you can play perfect but he holds his special then degens you into next week. Terrible design. Terrible and pathetic way to increase difficulty and a downright scumbag way to rip at least 4 revives away from us.
    I guess I'm just unbelievably awesome then. Because I got all four kills in like fifteen minutes or so, and didn't use a single revive or health potion.

Or perhaps there are two other possibilities. One: the top tier side quest difficulty is not designed for average players to do easily. Two: you and your game design judgment skills are significantly below average.
    Look at the community uproar you muppet. I managed to solo all the WoW fights INCLUDING abs man, I'm not a god but I'm far from a poor player. My point is that the difficulty is fairly uncontrollable in that he can hold his specials, not let you punish them by dashing back and when the infestation starts he can aggressively push you back. You lose to uncontrollable dot damage. Terrible design.

Try not to be a complete moron for 2 seconds and ask which was harder this fight or WoW Dani? It's this fight for me and most other people.... ITS A SIDE QUEST MINI BOSS. This fight shouldn't be a fraction of the difficulty of a WoW fight hence the heavily gimped rewards....

Some people on these forums have the wildest takes. Why do you think there's a post on every page about this kindred? It's overtuned and a cheap way of taking people's revives.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,268 ★★★★★

4 solos in ~10 attempts
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,268 ★★★★★
    Absolutely loved side quest this month.

(Still don't like the execution of, do this then do that then buy this then buy that than do that and do this. Stupid execution.)

The fights are actually interactive. There's no cost of repeating fight. Good practice for 1 energy. Same goes for storm x fight.
    Challanging fights with no cost to complete it.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,156 ★★★★★
    2 solos with OG Hulk and 2 x 1 revives (those were first 2 tries when he was at 1% and I forgot to hold a special).

He's not really hard once you get used to reverse controls. I always do a forward walk+ parry when under reverse controls and just concentrate on dash backs to avoid the heavies after baiting it. OG Hulk also gets stronger and more resistant to degen the lower his health so he helps you last the fight.

• Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 318 ★★
    Nick fury. Easy fight all solo.

• Options
    GlassbackGlassback Posts: 399 ★★★
    He’s rank three but warlock is pretty good to counter. I have no idea how kindred works but he kept healing and draining his own power with my infections so I just blocked his sp1s and kept building myself to sp2s.

• Options
    AzdefAzdef Posts: 153
    Fun fight and I got to practice reverse controls. Then, HULK SMASH!!
  • Options
    redsoxpatsfan89redsoxpatsfan89 Posts: 164
    I did it with venom, HT, and with Warlock. Granted venom and warlock were both R3 7*s.
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Mr negative and spider ham
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,486 ★★★
    Keep getting him to 20 percent with nick urghh
  • Options
    Got him to 6 percent and died because I forgot lmd makes my controls go normal
  • Options
    Wondering how a r5 max sig ascneddd wolverine would do... anyone wanna test?
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 797 ★★★
    NF worked well in getting him down fast for 4 solos. I did use a R5 ascended though and it took a bunch of restarts. The only part that was hard after I got used to reverse controls was in NF 2nd life the controls went back to normal.
  • Options
    RockSlydeRockSlyde Posts: 34
    for me, 7*r2 Shuri worked very well. All her hits are non-contact, so Kindred builds their charges way slower. She also won't fail a parry if disoriented from the node because she's immune to AA reduction. The only issue is that Kindred gets a lot of combat power rate from Shuri's debuffs, so try to convert them to passives via heavy once you have double digit shocks
    Both times I used her, no revives were spent. Agreed that it's a little more difficult than the average side quest should be, but the challenge was kinda fun. Good luck
  • Options
    Light_StormLight_Storm Posts: 19
    Sometimes the juice is just not worth the squeeze.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,082 ★★★★

Sometimes the juice is just not worth the squeeze.

That's how I'm feeling.

With the extra 4 keys we were given, is it correct that I could just do Threat lvl 4 bosses for the rest of the side quests, still have enough keys to go back and do week 1 boss at threat lvl 4, and still be able to collect the Awakening Gem Crystal objective??

Kindred still has the reverse controls and all other nodes, but his attack is 9,751 vs 16,733 and health pool is 235,000 vs 300,000.

Kinda lame to have to give up on all the other threat lvl 5 rewards though, as incremental as they are...
  • Options
    CHuck_fINACHuck_fINA Posts: 143
    I got all 4 of my solos with r1 7* ProfX. It does take multiple attempts and practice, but it can be done.
    When he's getting close to degen mode, make sure you have a falter ready and Kindred doesn't have a bar of power to spend.
    Start channeling with your heavy charge and knock him down when he comes in at you. Then just stay away until the degen mode is done.
    Not an easy fight. But it can be done with practice and patience.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,128 ★★★★★
    Herc
  • Options
    OxygeN610OxygeN610 Posts: 48
    Tigra.. so easy
  • Options
    BagherraBagherra Posts: 4
    Sometimes, the only way to win is to not play.
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,143 ★★★
    Spider-ham is a really good option against him, his stings can take him out quickly and if the damage is enough can also knock him out without him surviving with 1% hp for a couple of seconds
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Silk (mine is only 7r1).

My first attempt, got KO’d at the 1% health, then revived and got the win.

I decided to try my 7r2 Hulk (I was imagining that the degen resistance would be handy) and found it not as effective since the stun immunity disrupts my hulk lock flow. He should work if you play around it, but I decided to go back to Silk due to the safety net of special evade.

Got a Silk solo on my 2nd run, a ko and revive at 1% on my next run, and then a solo on my final run.

Mostly straightforward, just keep in mind when stun immunity is on so you don’t try to trigger your heavy. Bonus points if you still have your Evade charge on when Kindred reaches 1%, as it allows you to eat some time while evading tue special.
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 459 ★★★
    Silk
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,143 ★★★★
    Does Mr Negative work?
  • Options
    Kevin30705Kevin30705 Posts: 74
    Thank you EVERYONE for all the input…. Very good info and I got through it all and KP this week to get all my rewards including the generic awakening gem. Thank you to everyone.
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,396 ★★★★
    So basically unless you have specific counters which is a matter of luck this fight is a nightmare that consumes resources for basically no real rewards and people are acting like Kabam didn’t screw up?
  • Options
    Mixtapevol02Mixtapevol02 Posts: 52
    R4 Nimgod. 4 easy solos. Just remember to punish his specials and save 1 special for the last second root.
  • Options
    TaintoTainto Posts: 70
    JessieS said:

So basically unless you have specific counters which is a matter of luck this fight is a nightmare that consumes resources for basically no real rewards and people are acting like Kabam didn’t screw up?

This
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,572 ★★★★
    Tainto said:

JessieS said:

This
    Spdcific counters only make it easier, like ANY fight in the game.

It's hardly a revive sink given you can back out and go back in as many times as you want/need to.
    People having a hard time with the fight are making it out to be way more than it actually is.