What do you think of the tech class nowadays?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,178 ★★★★★
Me personally I think the tech class needs upgrades. Sure we have some phenomenal tech champs such as OG Iron man, Nimrod, Future Ant Man, Omega Sentinel, Shocker, etc but I think the tech class needs a step up. Prowler is a good start, he’s unique and different from other tech champs.
How about you?

What do you think of the tech class nowadays? 98 votes

It’s good for now, they can focus on other classes
24%
Spity68AzKicker316MoosetiptronicDeNeDieLordSmasheristwan17Giantwalrus56TerminatrixWinterFieldshoundogακιCrasyduckTrek26Batman_bruce31Sceptilemaniac2ThePredator1001LBN1GrassKnucklesSleepyBear21Vijay_33KLZ 24 votes
It really needs an upgrade (more OP champs and buff the old champs)
64%
Talha305RajabuffajrzuffyBigTuna_2054CazTerraBluestoneCyborgNinja135tntslRayven5220RookiieUsagicassidyAngusMac279OGAvengerdangarang122captain_rogersItsClobberinTimeWolf911TrubluMateJJBoy19 63 votes
Unsure
11%
Justcause102edricdee_jay5Demonic_embracewillrun4adonutRealWizardPriyabrata13579rebel_TullemoNoknick733jj_jj_9 11 votes

Comments

• Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Member Posts: 270 ★★
    Ironheart is good though
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,178 ★★★★★

Definitely worst class currently, I was so hyped back when we got FAM and Shocker cause I thought maybe there's hope but then they went back to releasing mid tech champs starting with Deathstrike who's very slow even at max sig.
    Ironheart who is also mid they need to change that short sp1 pause cause AI ruins her rotation completely and even then her damage isn't exactly crazy from what I've seen.
    Prowler looks like he has very good damage but because he has to apply incinerate to access that damage that automatically makes him mid imo because most of the problematic mutant defenders are either immune or resistant to incinerate or punish you for incinerating them... Yes Domino killer blah blah blah how many of those do we have in the game already? It's really nothing special, we don't need more Domino counters when there are worse meta defenders in the game right now.

Anyways end of rant, tech class is the worst, justice for the tech class lmao.

How should they fix it so it can be better?
  • Ansh_AAnsh_A Member Posts: 581 ★★★
    To their credit, Kabam has been releasing a lot of tech champions and thankfully no duds. The class was just so far behind that even with the new champs, it is still the swcond worst class. Onslaught or no onslaught, i still rate mutants as the worst because of sheer lack of options after the top tier ones.

What tech needs is more buffs to old champs. Red skull and OG iron man was a start but they need to start cleaning the bottom tier or releasing many more mid to high tier champs to have it become a law of averages. Last option that i dont think should be taken is pull off the cosmic class approach of 4-5 insanely powerful champs such that everyone forgets how bad the rest of the class is.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,705 ★★★★★
    edited April 21
    EdisonLaw said:

Me personally I think the tech class needs upgrades. Sure we have some phenomenal tech champs such as OG Iron man, Nimrod, Future Ant Man, Omega Sentinel, Shocker, etc but I think the tech class needs a step up. Prowler is a good start, he’s unique and different from other tech champs.
    How about you?

I'd like to add Shuri and Ironheart to that. Shuri has that rare utility: blocking unblockable specials from ANY class that I love soooooooooo much 😍😍😍, and she can be used in Necropolis.

Iron Heart is a hidden gem on offense with her utility.

IMO, Tech class it's good for now. So no need for new champs, but Kabam should work on buffing some of the older Techs.
  • Trek26Trek26 Member Posts: 243 ★★

EdisonLaw said:

How about you?

Iron heart is so good! And I been loving red skull too. HB been great in raids and how can I forget my favorite war attacker, warlock! I think tech is still good
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Definitely worst class currently, I was so hyped back when we got FAM and Shocker cause I thought maybe there's hope but then they went back to releasing mid tech champs starting with Deathstrike who's very slow even at max sig.
    Ironheart who is also mid they need to change that short sp1 pause cause AI ruins her rotation completely and even then her damage isn't exactly crazy from what I've seen.
    Prowler looks like he has very good damage but because he has to apply incinerate to access that damage that automatically makes him mid imo because most of the problematic mutant defenders are either immune or resistant to incinerate or punish you for incinerating them... Yes Domino killer blah blah blah how many of those do we have in the game already? It's really nothing special, we don't need more Domino counters when there are worse meta defenders in the game right now.

1. Neuroshock immunity.
    2. Plasma, rupture or degen (preferably passive so they can take skill defenders as well) instead of incinerate, poison, shock or bleed.
    3. Power control.
    4. Quick easy to access damage like Red Guardian's or Hulk's (one sp2 fight's over), the science class is absolutely busted right now because of it.
    All of these can't go into a single champ of course but this is what the tech class needs in general imo.

Similarly mutant class (second worst class probably) needs more mutants that deal damage through dot rather than prowess.

EdisonLaw said:

1. Neuroshock immunity.
    2. Plasma, rupture or degen (preferably passive so they can take skill defenders as well) instead of incinerate, poison, shock or bleed.
    3. Power control.
    4. Quick easy to access damage like Red Guardian's or Hulk's (one sp2 fight's over), the science class is absolutely busted right now because of it.
    All of these can't go into a single champ of course but this is what the tech class needs in general imo.

Similarly mutant class (second worst class probably) needs more mutants that deal damage through dot rather than prowess.
    Maybe Bastion could be this champ. If you don't know who he is, he's basically a mystical fusion of Nimrod and Master Mold, leader of the sentinels. Basically he is the most powerful Sentinel, more powerful than Omega Sentinel or Nimrod who we have in the contest already

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sebastion_Gilberti_(Earth-616)

Ansh_A said:

To their credit, Kabam has been releasing a lot of tech champions and thankfully no duds. The class was just so far behind that even with the new champs, it is still the swcond worst class. Onslaught or no onslaught, i still rate mutants as the worst because of sheer lack of options after the top tier ones.

What tech needs is more buffs to old champs. Red skull and OG iron man was a start but they need to start cleaning the bottom tier or releasing many more mid to high tier champs to have it become a law of averages. Last option that i dont think should be taken is pull off the cosmic class approach of 4-5 insanely powerful champs such that everyone forgets how bad the rest of the class is.

The mutant class is definitely better now with Onslaught. I hope we get more mutants with Daunted instead of prowess in the future because right now only Onslaught has it
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,236 ★★★★
    Unsure
    I'm really on the fence on this. I mean yeah old champs like Iron Patriot, green Goblin, do need buffs but tech class isn't as weak as people make it out to be, especially when we saw people use g2099 and Shuri in necro, heck even Howard and Shoker.
    Red skull just got a buff and he's one of THE MOST annoying defenders in the entire game .
    IMIW is also a very annoying defenders and I've fought a few 7* r3 , those fights are rough.
    7* Starky is making his debut in BGs and I'm seeing good feedback on that.
    Nimrod though old can still take down 90% of mutant defenders, although not as viable in BGs he's still used in AW and other modes
    Iron doom is still one of the best bishop counters who is a popular r3 candidate.
    Nebula, Vision and Punisher 2099 are some good champs that people always seem to underestimate .
    Warlock as 7* has been pretty good so far and Ultron recently came as a 7* with raids. I haven't seen much of him but he's a great champ so he's only going to be better as 7*.
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 777 ★★★★
    I think the tech class is in a good place. It’s not the strongest but it’s also not the weakest.

It’s has the best power control champs, Hulkbuster, Future Antman, Red Skull, and Warlock. You can do fights without having the defender throw a single special.

It’s got some annoying defenders if you don’t have a counter Future Antman, Red Skull, Peni Parker, Shuri, warock, Viv Vision, even shocker can be annoying.

And then you have some champs with a ton of utility, Shuri can block unblockable specials, has non contact hits, can avoid crits and much more. Iron heart is a Swiss Army knife with her super unique lock on mechanic that allows her to turn off effects which trigger on block.

And for damage Nukes I’m not afraid to race anyone with my 7* Hulkbuster, he’s got crazy damage and most BG fights are over after a sp2 and a few heavies.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

1. Neuroshock immunity.
    3. Power control.

Maybe Bastion could be this champ. If you don't know who he is, he's basically a mystical fusion of Nimrod and Master Mold, leader of the sentinels. Basically he is the most powerful Sentinel, more powerful than Omega Sentinel or Nimrod who we have in the contest already

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sebastion_Gilberti_(Earth-616)

I didn't know about this character but they definitely sound like they should be Onslaught level of strong, maybe he could be the first hard counter for Onslaught actually.
    Design definitely looks sick and so do his powers. Definitely would love to have another Sentinel type champ that's really strong.

I think the tech class is in a good place. It’s not the strongest but it’s also not the weakest.

It’s has the best power control champs, Hulkbuster, Future Antman, Red Skull, and Warlock. You can do fights without having the defender throw a single special.

It’s got some annoying defenders if you don’t have a counter Future Antman, Red Skull, Peni Parker, Shuri, warock, Viv Vision, even shocker can be annoying.

And then you have some champs with a ton of utility, Shuri can block unblockable specials, has non contact hits, can avoid crits and much more. Iron heart is a Swiss Army knife with her super unique lock on mechanic that allows her to turn off effects which trigger on block.

And for damage Nukes I’m not afraid to race anyone with my 7* Hulkbuster, he’s got crazy damage and most BG fights are over after a sp2 and a few heavies.

I may agree with most but everyone else is saying tech needs a buff. What are your thoughts
    Would be interesting though, if Techs gained power or regen from shock and energy attacks. Like how Iron Man did in Avengers when he was struck by Thor's lightning bolt 😆 It recharged his iron suit by 400% 👀 lol
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★
    Yes I would like to see better tech champs but I would also like to see better mutants... That aren't so easy to counter like onslaught he completely changed it all up and he's so good no prowess and isn't as easy to counter which is great would love to see more mutants that don't revolve around prowess and get easily countered by nimrod

Would be interesting though, if Techs gained power or regen from shock and energy attacks. Like how Iron Man did in Avengers when he was struck by Thor's lightning bolt 😆 It recharged his iron suit by 400% 👀 lol

I’m surprised he doesn’t have that interaction in MCOC
    edited April 21
    Trek26 said:

EdisonLaw said:

How about you?

Iron heart is so good! And I been loving red skull too. HB been great in raids and how can I forget my favorite war attacker, warlock! I think tech is still good
    Yes she is! She has quickly become one of my favorite Techs! 💙 Each one of her specials has something unique or entertaining about it. With her Sp 2, I love how she kick stomps the defender, then creates space by getting the hell out, then turning around and blasts them. She's r5 and ascended lol.

Agreed! So much truth in this write up.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,979 ★★★★★
    Tech has always been a mid class, it never had broken champs except of ghost.

Currently most consider FAM as the best tech champ, but he is not even close to best champs of other class (Onslut, kitty, kate, doom, scorp, herc, hulkling etc). They are afraid of releasing good tech champs. Tech class needs the most attention in game
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 777 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

I may agree with most but everyone else is saying tech needs a buff. What are your thoughts
    I think tech definitely deserves some new solid champs or maybe even a rework to some old ones like green goblin. But it doesn’t feel like the class has been neglected, like the mutant class did before they started adding new mutants again.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    Shuri, Warlock, Nimgod, OG IM, Shocker, Deathstrike, Viv, Fam, iDoom, Prowler, Sam and Ironhearth……and then there is Starky, Vision, buffed Red Skull, Rocket, Peni, IMIW, Ultron, HTD, G99, OS, Ghost, Yondu…whats that ? 24-25 good champs ?
  • TheShinyDomeTheShinyDome Member Posts: 185 ★★

Amazing how much Onslaught changed the entire narrative around mutants

I considered tech as the worst before onslaught came out. Mutant class has some absolute bangers. I have more highly ranked mutants than any other class.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 772 ★★★★
    R3 Hulkbuster crushes so many fights, from quick BG wins to Glykhan