Options

To my beloved community - Deletion confirmed

G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
It has happened: after 9 years of playing (with pauses), concluding Act 8 and finally becoming Valiant, I have deleted the game. G-Hun-Gear is no longer a part of the Battlerealm!

Not because “Game is rigged”, “Kabam bad” or any such thing… I actually think the game is in a good shape compared to other times and one can have a good time in-game if you are able to manage your time and effort wisely.

But In short: I couldn’t do that. No matter how often I tried, the game sucked me in more than I would like to admit which is why I decided to go cold turkey…

Why am I posting this? I don’t know… Maybe I want to be nostalgic about it… But maybe I want to better my chances of holding myself accountable. After all: This isn’t my first time uninstalling the game - but this time, I have told the world!!!

Also, for the first time, I have used the “delete account” function, so there is no turning back! Only thing is: The damn thing has a 30 day timer, so please count down with me as a final good bye…

I wish you all the greatest of experiences with Marvel - Contest of Champions. It was an honor fighting alongside you fellow summoners in the Battlerealm!

So long…

Comments

• Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,004 ★★★
    Arrivederci fellow summoner
  • Options
    Kirberus_Kirberus_ Posts: 34
    Farewell Bud.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,013 ★★★★
    o7
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,295 ★★★★★
    All the best!
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 806 ★★★
    Good luck and all the best. It takes a lot of discipline and commitment to give up something you still enjoyed and put so much time into.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 736 ★★★★
    I think this is a 2nd long time players retiring this past week and not because of the typical "Kabam is bad" reason.

To be honest, I feel like I can completely understand their sentiment.

For me, it does feel hard to maintain a balance without a high cost of either money or time (or for some even boths).

Not really sure what is the right answer, or if there is even one.

Anyway, all the best to you @G-Hun-Gear , hope whatever you decided to do with your time will bring you lot of happiness and productivity 😊👍

• Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,683 ★★★★
    Good luck, dude! It's not easy to get rid of an addiction but kudos to you for realizing you had gotten too deep and getting out.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,464 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Good luck my man. It can be hard to balance a game and real life to not feel like you're not wasting it on the game and going cold turkey really removes all of that struggle. Also you're one of the only people making this kind of thread who didn't try to put down any other players or make them feel bad for playing a game so double kudos for that.

Yeah I still remember that guy with doom pfp few months ago, who just spewed some Conservative Sigma trend propoganda before leaving, asking us to leave the game as well. Huge kudos For G-hun to have a positive farewell
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 757 ★★★★
    Thecurler said:

I didn’t know there was an in-game option to delete your account.

Both Apple and Google require this
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,297 ★★★★
    Good luck. I wonder what will you do post mcoc career
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 596 ★★★
    Best wishes on the next steps in your journey. IMO based on your post you won’t miss it too much.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,466 ★★★★
    End of an Era
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    As an Ftp player I am considering the same action. Not only are there issues of function in the game, (like champs whiffing on heavys against unconscious champs, or the super fast AI re-parry) but the results of any effort are too frequently and repetitively disappointing.
    The repetitious nature of the game play plus repetitious disappointment due to "luck of the RNG" after playing across multiple events, has resulted in the game getting to the point where it is zero fun.
    Instead of throwing a bunch of free stuff at us (2,3 and 4 star.versions of new champs etc.) kabam should do something about the seriously pathetic crystal drop rates.
    There are too many tiers in the crystals at this point. Opening hundreds of hard earned crystals to pull the lowest possible tier champs or items repeatedly is taking away any desire to endure the repetitious game play.
    If, by some chance, the RNG decides to land on the top tier in the crystal there are so many champs and items that even then you are likely to pull useless garbage,
    making your time and efforts feel pointless and worthless.
    But endure it long enough kabam will just give you some junk.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,758 ★★★★★
    *playyyyyy meeeeeeee*

whispered MCOC from your phone pocket
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,434 ★★★★★
    Good luck, @G-Hun-Gear

Now all you need to do is give up the forums 😉

Good luck though, and definitely find something else to fill the time
  • Options
    Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 176
    Why delete the game you worked so hard to progress, it makes no sense and just being stupid. Just uninstall and move on