Options

Has Sagas been a letdown?

I was really excited when they first announced it. But seems to be a let down so far barely anything has been done with it, was this intentional? I can’t find the initial forum post about it

Comments

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,787 ★★★★★
    I think it's a balancing act between boosting certain champions enough to make the difference noticeable but not too much so as to make them overpowered, and also having content that requires Saga champions to complete but also not locking people out of too much content if they don't have the required champions. I have also not been terribly impressed with the execution so far, but it's early days and I would assume that it gets better once Kabam has figured out how to balance it all properly. I'm hopeful that it'll get better with time.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,860 ★★★★★
    Seems pointless to me. I mean, I know I'm a mere Uncollected scrub, but honestly, it's just been mysterium for a few extra crystal shards and a free 5* Nightcrawler...
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,820 ★★★★
    A saga of 3 months, seasonal store, themed objectives, specific champ boosts and bonus champ to unlock seems good on paper. Perhaps it can be made more intresting.
  • Options
    N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Posts: 58
    It’s not bad… I’d like the boost if it was actually similar to a low-key incursion hack rather than flat attack bonus. It would make it fun to see it interact in different ways with different champions and maybe make some weak champs OP for a few months.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,290 ★★★★★

It’s not bad… I’d like the boost if it was actually similar to a low-key incursion hack rather than flat attack bonus. It would make it fun to see it interact in different ways with different champions and maybe make some weak champs OP for a few months.

Considering the boost work for AW so if that’s hack things also need to work for AW it be danm difficult.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,342 ★★★★
    It’s ok so far, but I wished Sagas temporarily boosted old champs like Cyclops and made them usable
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 884 ★★★★
    edited April 24
    The impact of saga has been extremely negligible literally anywhere outside of war.
    That boost is doing close to nothing if I'm being honest and I'm not really after 7* Nightcrawler, I dropped out the moment they said we have to hit GC 3 times to get him , I'm happy with my high sig 6* since there's no hope for duping the 7* anyway.
    I'm just going to exchange those runes for 7* Shard and skedaddle away
  • Options
    Nacho98Nacho98 Posts: 135 ★★
    I would say yes but I literally don’t even know what sagas is. Is it a boost to certain champs for 3 months? Is it a little icon next to their border? Like, what even is it supposed to be?
  • Options
    Doctor_Doom94Doctor_Doom94 Posts: 58
    Kabam Jax said:

I think we laid out our intentions with Sagas pretty clearly, and I'm seeing a lot of y'all with expectations that don't align. My

Sagas is meant to be a narrative and artistic wrapper that connects content across numerous areas of the game to create a more cohesive experience and spotlight specific champions. I think the execution has been right in line with all of this.

It's meant to provide additional content and additional rewards, which it has and will continue to do.

Sagas aren't meant to be disruptive, they're meant to add value for things that most Summoners are doing already and slightly adjust approaches to certain content.

Curious to know will there be "saga's alliance event" to connect it even more among alliance content
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,107 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I think we laid out our intentions with Sagas pretty clearly, and I'm seeing a lot of y'all with expectations that don't align.

Sagas is meant to be a narrative and artistic wrapper that connects content across numerous areas of the game to create a more cohesive experience and spotlight specific champions. I think the execution has been right in line with all of this.

It's meant to provide additional content and additional rewards, which it has and will continue to do.

Sagas aren't meant to be disruptive, they're meant to add value for things that most Summoners are doing already and slightly adjust approaches to certain content.

I was actually coming here for the narrative comment. I’d love to see more of this, like dialogue in the SQ that provides more context to it and how it ties into the overall Saga. It feels like story of the Saga so far lives in in game mails and forum posts and not in the content itself.

One of my favorite SQs in recent memory was the one where Steve had a sweet tooth and Mr. Fantastic brain blasted him because the narrative was so good. I couldn’t tell you what the rewards were, only remember the story. I’d love to get something that impactful again.
  • Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 561 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I think we laid out our intentions with Sagas pretty clearly, and I'm seeing a lot of y'all with expectations that don't align.

I'd like to say that I love the limited champ rank up materials. That was one of my favorite things about the Variants. I usually have a set idea of who I want my next rank ups to be, and those usually make me think outside the box.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,263 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Mr. Fantastic
    How dare you speak his name
  • Options

Kabam Jax said:

Well I don't think it's working
    Why is this funny even though it isn't
  • Options
    edited April 24
    Kabam Jax said:

I like what's going on so far but think it would be cool if the theme of the current saga had more of an impact on the game as a whole visually/artistically and narratively. I'm not sure how that would look exactly (maybe have some menus take on the saga design like the sig stones and stuff idk) but it could help to enhance the wrapper
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,432 ★★★★★
    My only concern is that when it will come to SIM aquisition we might have to do 3 seasons of BG again not to mention incursions which i am not a fan of both. I really wanna obtain 7* SIM but not at the expense of doing 3 seasons of BG.
  • Options
    Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Posts: 233 ★★
    I just want it to be over so I can trade in all my nc token for 7* shards. I don't want a 7* or 6* one id rather have the shards.
  • Options
    SligSlig Posts: 357 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Wasn’t it teased as “game changing” on the Twitch stream?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,300 ★★★★★
    Slig said:

Kabam Jax said:

Wasn’t it teased as “game changing” on the Twitch stream?
    That's colorful language. Of course you're going to present your product in an attractive way. For that matter, we've never seen a crossover meta before. That changes the game.
    People have gotten carried away with expectations as long as I've been here.