Options

Rank Up/Team Suggestion for GM (Ignore Hercules)

I am aiming to reach Throne breaker before July. Any suggestions regarding rank ups or team building to reach Throne Breaker are welcome. Have been playing since last september, currently at the champion boss. In terms of skill,
->I can dex The Great DOCTOR DOOMS sp1 7/10 times, SP2 is 10/10 DAMAGE( i die mostly)
->I am very good at GETTING intercepted by the AI, hence i dont try them myself(thats why no herc)
->Mostly parry, sometimes dex

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Thokk150Thokk150 Posts: 69
    First of all, congratulations, you have made a ton of progress in just 8 months. Second I'd say to wait a bit before attempting the grandmaster, as intercepting is required for that fight and you need to dex his sp1 always if you don't want to die. Hercules is very good in that fight so I suggest getting more experience with him, I also suggest to bring doom and juggernaut since they are also insane for the fight. For further info I suggest checking out mcocnoob on yt, the information is a bit old but still valid
  • Options
    LONERANGER_141LONERANGER_141 Posts: 36
    @captain_rogers I guess, there's no escaping it then. I'll have to git gud. Appreciate the response
  • Options
    IlociaM97IlociaM97 Posts: 159
    I don't know if you need any counters for the remaining of act 6 but just in general I think your best Champs for next rank ups are abs man kitty Kate omega centinel sunspot juggs and herc. You can aim to have a wide variety of r3 Champs so they help you through act 7 and then act 8 so you can become paragon after a completation on those 2 acts
  • Options
    @Thokk150 Thank you mate. I am aware that the GM fight has some unique mechanics. I saw seatins vid, will definitely check out mcocnoob too. Is it possible to do the fight with vox. I am quite decent with him (he's ez to use :smile: ). As for intercepting, this month's Eq cav difficulty Purgatory absolutely destroyed me. It took me around 6-7 revives for 100% completion and was the only fight where I needed to rev. I'll have to practice. How many units do you suggest would suffice including the 20 revive potions?
  • Options
    @Kingering_King Juggs is fun to use, but often a non damaging debuff shuts him off completely. Even for some cosmics he's a bad matchup. Imo his kit should be modified such that cosmics can't take away his gem or something
  • Options
    @IlociaM97 I have kate in mind, but i suck at intercepting and abs man requires light intercepts, need to practice. Appreciate the response. :smile:
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,220 ★★★★
    Juggernaut because in 3rd phase he has reverse controls
  • Options

@Thokk150 Thank you mate. I am aware that the GM fight has some unique mechanics. I saw seatins vid, will definitely check out mcocnoob too. Is it possible to do the fight with vox. I am quite decent with him (he's ez to use :smile: ). As for intercepting, this month's Eq cav difficulty Purgatory absolutely destroyed me. It took me around 6-7 revives for 100% completion and was the only fight where I needed to rev. I'll have to practice. How many units do you suggest would suffice including the 20 revive potions?

Vox can be good, especially if he can access dot, but I think that your best option is juggernaut, since he ignores the reverse control phase that can definitely be difficult. So I'd say rank juggs and herc and try to get better at intercepting, since it's kinda required for that fight. I'd say for someone of your skill level(I was like you when I faced him so I feel you lol) you will need 1000 units
  • Options
    @Thokk150 Thanks mate. If I could trouble you further, there's a abyss Nexus included in the upcoming Deadpool event. Which class do you think should I go for. I am torn between science and tech. Also Appreciate the response :smile:
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★

I don't remember GM having reverse controls in 6.4. Has it been that long since I fought that version that I just straight forgot that he did?
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,924 ★★★★★
    edited April 26

I don't remember GM having reverse controls in 6.4. Has it been that long since I fought that version that I just straight forgot that he did?
    Phase 3 does if I recall.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,596 ★★★
    I think he has reverse controls around 20 percent 30 percent region iirc
  • Options
    HaverTimeHaverTime Posts: 9
    That's a Cav roster? Crazy! Some amazing pulls there.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,953 ★★★★★

In phase 3 he gains reverse controls for 8 seconds with a 50 second cooldown after that.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★

In phase 3 he gains reverse controls for 8 seconds with a 50 second cooldown after that.
    Ohhhh yeah, I remember that now.
    That's exactly why a couple of my buddies had a rough time with him, and so did I at the time.
    Thanks for clarifying, forgot all about that!
  • Options

@Thokk150 Thanks mate. If I could trouble you further, there's a abyss Nexus included in the upcoming Deadpool event. Which class do you think should I go for. I am torn between science and tech. Also Appreciate the response :smile:

I'd say go for tech, you have less champs in the science class but you have basically all the very good ones. Tech you can go for future ant man or shuri and they will help you tremendously
  • Options
    shield311shield311 Posts: 330 ★★
    Doom
    Herc
    Juggs
    Nick
    Magneto/Abs man

this is what I would've used, infact my team was almost similar to this, i have no experience with kate so no idea about her but doom helps in most of his phases and herc is just herc alot of damage with sustainibility, magneto and juggs for reverse controls or you could use abs man for unblockable specials for some phases nick just for the bleeds and his 2nd life so you can do alot of damage, anything works for gm tbh, just have a damaging effect like incinerate/bleed/poison and maybe 1 or 2 reverse control immunes :wink:
  • Options
    @HaverTime You bet its amazing. I also got 2 out of the 3 Beyond good tier cosmics. Psst I am not referring to herc, vox or hulkling. Can you guess who they are
  • Options
    Thank you to everybody who commented. I appreciate all the insights you guys gave
  • Options
    @Thokk150 I decided to bail on the nexus and rather get some rank up mats and AGs. I did get a normal nexus, got red guardian. He got a buff or something recently. He good?
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★
    Doom with Diablo (any rarity) for synergy, Juggs for reverse control, and Herc. Fifth spot whomever
  • Options

@Thokk150 I decided to bail on the nexus and rather get some rank up mats and AGs. I did get a normal nexus, got red guardian. He got a buff or something recently. He good?

Sorry for answering so late, but yeah he is amazing I got him to r5 and he just nukes everything
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 564 ★★★

Spot on, and before they buffed Juggs, we pretty much had to use Prof X or learn how to reverse controls.

The options today:

• Options
    @Thokk150 @GrO_ot78 appreciate it.