Do u like Strict Time Restrict Objective/Event if u miss 1day & miss reward??.

13»

Comments

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,764 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Aleor said:

I can only assume they expect some people to miss some daily objective, and then some of them will be tempted to buy units with cash. Personally I'd say so this "great rewards can't have grace days" is just bs. Personally I would also prefer one week long challenging event over boring monotonous objectives with incorrect timers. Just to be clear, I haven't missed anything so far, but wouldn't be very disappointed, as I don't even see the rewards as great

Then u wouldnt mind this event going back to spending where kabam said if it was different rewards would be less
  • M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Member Posts: 215 ★★
    gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

The only issue I have for this particular event is that missing 1 single objective results in 160k lost poolies not just 10k. That is a massive punishment that does not fit the "crime".

Bunch of disagrees. Even GCSEs know better than to compound punishments, if you dont get the right answer for question 1a (5 marks), as far as you use the correct formula for 1b (5 marks) you get the 5 points not 0. Courts have double jeopardy, Football(soccer) even has it that a genuine attempt for the ball in the box would not result in both a red card and penalty.

As it is now, you get punished for missing the original objective (10k poolies and iso), the final milestone in Solo event (150k poolies and crystal shards) and then the 900k bundle (T4a and titan shards for valiant) in the store. 3 punishments of increasing degree for missing 1 objective and that doesnt seem excessive?
    These are not quite punishments. Punishment would be a situation where if you missed the original objective, the game takes away some of your gold, or iso, or units, or maybe the game would temporarily suspend you from quests, or maybe the game would lock out some of your champs.

You don't lose anything by not doing any part of this game, but you don't earn anything either.

I think I understand what you are getting at however, it can be frustrating to have one single task be tied to a sequence of reward packages, without any alterative non-monetary options to meet requirements for each reward package in that sequence. But this is not an issue of punishments, IMO it is more an issue of lacking non-monetary opportunities if a player misses out on one.
  • ArmageddønArmageddøn Member Posts: 823 ★★★
    edited May 1
    Yes
    Skreddy said:

Asher1_1 said:

Arena event - 4->5 gem missed out
    Poolie event - one day milestone miss u can't get 900k poolies.

Doing few simple tasks daily to get some amazing rewards and only condition is that you know how to read? Yeah absolutely love it! 🤩
    People would feel differently if *the rules were actually written anywhere.* You can’t read what the company doesn’t write.
    It says "daily" objectives what set of rules you want for that, it just means do some simple objectives daily which takes 5 mins at max. Also, they have put some sweet rewards for free, the best ones so far and that should give you enough motivation to go on game and do it.
  • Crow9074Crow9074 Member Posts: 70
    No
    No, I'd prefer a summer "Touch Grass" event. The longer you're logged out the better your rewards get.

Really, I don't mind the events such as this as long as it's not some long multiple month things. I try to login daily so rewards for just playing is nice.
  • PanchittlesPanchittles Member Posts: 14
    No
    I don't mind the event, but Kabam is doing too much with these objective events. We all log in. That's not the issue, but it's the constant nagging of all the content that needs to be done (AW, AQ, EQ, 8.4, etc., and now you add objective on top of all this) instead of piling on top of more chores, doing an arena or a quest, something more straightforward and fix the timers, if the timer says 7 days till expiration, what do you think people will assume that means regardless of the argument of "tHey'Re dAYIly OBJectiVEs.". You need to stop writing a whole book to explain an event. The game feels like it's a maze at this point; figuring out where to go to get the right rewards is just tiresome and boring.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★
    edited May 1
    Yes

I don't mind the event, but Kabam is doing too much with these objective events. We all log in. That's not the issue, but it's the constant nagging of all the content that needs to be done (AW, AQ, EQ, 8.4, etc., and now you add objective on top of all this) instead of piling on top of more chores, doing an arena or a quest, something more straightforward and fix the timers, if the timer says 7 days till expiration, what do you think people will assume that means regardless of the argument of "tHey'Re dAYIly OBJectiVEs.". You need to stop writing a whole book to explain an event. The game feels like it's a maze at this point; figuring out where to go to get the right rewards is just tiresome and boring.

I really try to understand where people are coming from with the too much content at the same time argument but the process is really just:

Log into the game -> See the 4 simple objectives -> Do them in like 4 fights maximum in rttl or something -> go about your regularly scheduled programming. It's hardly a detour, you'd be hard pressed not to get most of them done by accident if you're autofighting the apothecary or playing a few arena matches or something.

I'd understand if they were asking us to complete a path in a quest or something but all they're asking is to take what like 3 -6 minutes of in game time per day for amazing rewards for free? The logic just doesn't compute for me
  • EarlofbarrettEarlofbarrett Member Posts: 11
    I'm 48 and have played this game for 9 years, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've posted on this forum, because I don't expect everything in life to be perfect and will hold my hands up if I've misunderstood something.

That said i think the very annoying thing about this event is that I completed every objective, but life got in the way, I seem to have mistakenly not claimed 1 objective and now I'm missing out on 150k of poolies and 2500 7* shards for the sake of 100pts. Frustrating but I'll get over it I'm sure.

I do think Kabam could help themselves (and the community) a bit more on times by installing an excess buffer in these objectives to save everyone the hassle. Then again I come from a generation when common sense was in abundance.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,340 ★★★★★
    Maybe

I'm 48 and have played this game for 9 years, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've posted on this forum, because I don't expect everything in life to be perfect and will hold my hands up if I've misunderstood something.

That said i think the very annoying thing about this event is that I completed every objective, but life got in the way, I seem to have mistakenly not claimed 1 objective and now I'm missing out on 150k of poolies and 2500 7* shards for the sake of 100pts. Frustrating but I'll get over it I'm sure.

I do think Kabam could help themselves (and the community) a bit more on times by installing an excess buffer in these objectives to save everyone the hassle. Then again I come from a generation when common sense was in abundance.

I agree but I suspect (total speculation) part of the issue is their code is very old, rigid and restrictive and much like the fighting controls is built upon older tech that was there 7-9 years ago.

I suspect for example even if they even wanted to, they can't stack objectives beyond a certain number (eg if you left the 4 daily objectives from this event all week you might end up with 28 total in the tab).

Whatever the issue, they need to be a bit more explicit in their advertisement of these event sin the game mail stating in bold that for full rewards you have to not only log in and complete objectives but collect rewards too.

Disclaimer: I missed nothing and got all my poolies
  • ChovnerChovner Member Posts: 1,218 ★★★★★
    No
    Yeah more people thank you'd think got screwed over. Some Youtubers (who take the game very seriously and play religiously) made the same mistakes
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I really try to understand where people are coming from with the too much content at the same time argument but the process is really just:

Log into the game -> See the 4 simple objectives -> Do them in like 4 fights maximum in rttl or something -> go about your regularly scheduled programming. It's hardly a detour, you'd be hard pressed not to get most of them done by accident if you're autofighting the apothecary or playing a few arena matches or something.

I'd understand if they were asking us to complete a path in a quest or something but all they're asking is to take what like 3 -6 minutes of in game time per day for amazing rewards for free? The logic just doesn't compute for me
    Because this is one of the most level-headed disagreements that I have seen, I'll try to explain my own logic when these arguments are inevitably made. I've seen similar versions of what you've said for many a problem post, so let me generalize a bit (and then maybe I can just copy-paste this in the future):

Inevitably when someone misses out on something in-game, there are several responses on forums that I will endeavor to summarize as 1. "Git gud", 2. "This was an easy thing to do, you just missed it", and 3. "stop complaining". To be fair, getting good would solve a lot of problems, but is pretty callous. There are probably plenty of people complaining, but I most often see players simply questioning Kabam's rationale behind a move that is unnecessarily difficult/exclusive/etc. There is a difference between voicing polite feedback, asking for help, and stringing together explitives and unjust criticisms. As far as the "this was easy, how did you miss it/not plan for it" questions, there are often a lot of reasonable reasons. In the case of the "daily objective" fiasco, the most common explanation is that there was a reasonable interpretation of the event that understood the objectives to stack daily because of their associated timers. That meant that a player who would typically have easily done them either didn't because they prioritized something else, or did them but didn't claim them *because they shouldn't have had to for the type of objective that they understood them to be*.

I specifically waited because the max prize required saving all of the currency until the last day anyways, and I assumed that I could match up more of the objectives at the end since they might overlap *because the timers on the objectives stated that they would not end until the end of the event, and there was not a specification that no new objectives would appear unless previous ones were completed by a specific date*. There was no reason for me to do them on the first day if there were just going to be a long list of objectives at the end of the week that I could have passively completed throughout, or smash through all at once. You couldn't get the best rewards by doing them daily (unless they reset daily, which you can't know until you do one).

Maybe that helps explain the logic, maybe not. I'm kinda over this event anyways.

On a more fun note, how did this event not have any earnable units? Is that not a staple of Deadpool events?
  • EarlofbarrettEarlofbarrett Member Posts: 11
    I do think Kabam have scored an own goal here by not having the foresight to create a little leeway on what would have been a fantastic event for every player if they'd just been a little clearer with their misleading timers.

Anyway I won't get mad, I'll get even. I'm gonna clear my stash, stop spending, leave the game for a couple of months and return to the "Homecoming" calendar that appears to give you far greater rewards for not playing the game!! It's a strange world!!