Head into this (beautifully simple) Side-Quest - Knull's Lair - May Side Quest

MCOC TeamMCOC Team Administrator, Admin [en] Posts: 565
edited May 3 in General Discussion

Knull’s Lair

Summoners! You’ve done it (mostly). You’ve tracked Knull and cornered him in his Lair! Hope you’re ready to bring the X-Magica Saga to its glorious, wonderful end by absolutely trouncing Knull. Do your best to not let us down!

Start Date: May 8th, 2024 

End Date: June 5th, 2024

TLDR Overview

• Get keys from in-game messages (10 total)
  • Fight through Knull’s Lair (keys consumed on entry)
    • Three fights + Miniboss + Knull Boss
    • Minibosses contain trap nodes which buff Knull
  • Fully explore Threat Level 5 to open a single fight map with super-buffed Knull
    • Defeat Knull to earn a title and profile pic
  • Complete Solo Objectives to earn Mysterium, Crystal Shards and other goodies
  • Spend Mysterium in the Trader’s Outpost
  • Complete Solo Events for more Crystal Shards and a ‘The Endless Void’ title

Path Rewards

Solo Event

Solo Objectives

Knull and Void Crystals

Venom, Venom the Duck, Symbiote Supreme, Agent Venom, Anti-Venom, Carnage, Venompool, Sentry, Void, The Hood, Silver Surfer, Storm, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Vision (Age of Ultron), Hawkeye, Captain America, Doctor Strange, America Chavez, Ant-Man (Future), Cosmic Ghost Rider, Dormammu, Galan, Ghost Rider, Mephisto, Morningstar, Purgatory, Spot, Kushala, Knull, Cable, Moon Knight, Daredevil (Classic), Iron Fist, Punisher
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 705 ★★★★
    It says we can do any difficulty for the mysterium, does that mean this side quest has the same exploit as the first saga side quest?
  • LmaoLmao Member Posts: 859 ★★★
    edited May 3
    So no 6 or 7 star crystal shard in the monthly quest other than the outpost?
    Never mind it’s the exploration award lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★

Meta crystal is misleading, there are more than Knull and Void in that pool

It's a play on words.
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Member Posts: 206 ★★
    Can we assume we get all objectives of our level and below?
  • AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Member Posts: 351 ★★
    Can we please remove all the champs that are availible as 7* in the meta crystals???
  • Ansh_AAnsh_A Member Posts: 581 ★★★
    Nice easy to understand side quest for a change. Seeing the title, this was intentional and glad to see the community being heard.

That said, we need the mysterium rewards to be reviewed. There are two rewards that bundle t6b and t3a with unwanted stuff and thay is fine but there are 5 rewards that has no interest whatsoever to paragon players much less valiant.

The bundles need a review:
    1. T6B and T3A with sig stones is good. More purchases would be better.
    2. T6CC selector at least 25% will not be broken at this stage for a paragon player. It will balance the game more
    3. T2 and T1 primordial dust. Just because im paragon, doesnt mean i dont want to ascend a couple of my 5*s. Been waiting to ascend starky and longshot for a while. Not planning on ranking them as 6*s because i know they will get a 7* release relatively soon.
    4. 3 to 4 6* gems, bulk 6* shards and 6* sig stones for those people who keep opening featureds.
    5. Bulk gold (250k<) and iso (10+ t6) for those people that need it
    6. Paragon crystal (has a poor drop rate anyways) and low 7* shards (100-150) will not break the game
    7. T5B, T2A and T5CC crystal for lower paragons with good quantity of each
    8. Revive and health potion bundle considering the crazy side quests we have had recently.
    9. Standard relic bundle that no one is going to buy
    10. Exalted crystal pieces. Newly introduced, not tested but seeing as 7* will be low, its a good alternative.
  • MACHEREMACHERE Member Posts: 1
    can't we get some info pic that is clear enough rather than those excels
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Member Posts: 719 ★★★
    DUHveed said:

I know this is a very 1st world problem but can we please get some type of trade-in for all of these 6* awakening gems? I think I’m up to 20 or so by now

And of course you would like to trade them against a 7* awakening gem, isn’t it?
    The 7* are too recent for that.

More likely a trade-in for a big 6* stone (+50, +100, +200). But the last big trade-in event hasn’t been welcomed…
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
    DUHveed said:

I know this is a very 1st world problem but can we please get some type of trade-in for all of these 6* awakening gems? I think I’m up to 20 or so by now

I would personally rather be able to convert all the Knull and Void crystal shards into something else. I am not excited about pulling a 3-star dupe and some isos (for that matter, as a Valiant, I don't even care if I do get a 6-star). For all intents and purposes, they are the same as Premium Hero Crystal shards, which I have over a million of.
  • benshbbenshb Member Posts: 810 ★★★★
    Is there any plan for the SQ crystals to become paragon crystals for valiants?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,242 Guardian
    In the list of qualifying fights for Knull/Void synergies, the graphic does NOT include Red Goblin, which I see is included on Knull's profile page as a synergy partner. (Same synergy line as the included Venom, VtD, SymSup.)

That's the only one that seems to be potentially missing (haven’t tried to see if gives points yet)

Also, fyi, that list is just those listed on Knull or Voids profile as synergies (not reciprocating synergies listed on other champs profiles).
  • CashimaCashima Member Posts: 6
    Hades23 said:

meh rewards for experienced paragon players but seems good enough for new ones like me

then how would you know?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,242 Guardian
    (edit, from prior above)

Tested with Red Goblin, does NOT count. So, has synergy but not part of this event points list.

Also, fyi, RttL 1.1 Vision is the Age of Ultron version, which is NOT what's in the Synergy,
    Just the OG Vision is in this Synergy list, so don’t do RttL 1.1

RttL 1.2 is good, first node is Hawkeye.

• _Pez__Pez_ Member Posts: 244 ★★★
    Is the champ list for the knull and void crystals above wrong? Ingame doesn't seem to have punisher?
  • TheInfamousGodTheInfamousGod Member Posts: 12
    Are the keys single use or can we restart when we're in?
  • Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 395 ★★

(edit, from prior above)

Tested with Red Goblin, does NOT count. So, has synergy but not part of this event points list.

Also, fyi, RttL 1.1 Vision is the Age of Ultron version, which is NOT what's in the Synergy,
    Just the OG Vision is in this Synergy list, so don’t do RttL 1.1

RttL 1.2 is good, first node is Hawkeye.

yeah, I cribbed that pic from pg1 of this thread, yesterday. trying to get a leg up on info to drop on my alliance.
    RttL 1.1 isn't great, that was from memory. good catch.
    RttL 1.2, tested now that it's live, works fine. also 3 of the eight fights on the path are valid targets: Hawkeye, Hulk, and Thor. it's worth just autofighting. 1 energy 1 fight, most cost effective use of turns.

@_Pez_ I'm including the current in game list, save someone a second on it:

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,834 ★★★★★

Consumed on entry. Lose it if you restart.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,084 ★★★★★

So will we be provided 2 keys per day?
  • Elsi7Elsi7 Member Posts: 14
    Is threat 5 avaliable only to Paragon+?
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,834 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

So will we be provided 2 keys per day?
    No, looks like there are 10 for the whole month