Magic thief node in AW

dukedevill4412dukedevill4412 Member Posts: 186
So my alliance is in tier 5 currently. So we have to deal with the magic thief node. First war I didn’t bring and Xmagica champs so that’s on me. This war I bring BWCV and Wiccan and Adam warlock is still getting indestructible charges when I dex his SP1. Am I missing something here, is it a bug, or am I just uninformed in high tier AW?

Comments

• zuffyzuffy Member Posts: 2,226 ★★★★★
    You have to parry or hit into block to build up prowess to remove the indestructibles.
  • MoghazyMoghazy Member Posts: 51
    edited May 5
    Did u even read the xmagica and magic thief descriptions? You need to have prowess to remove indestructible....u need to either parry or hit into defender blocks to get prowess and 1 prowess will remove 1 indestructible so u need to keep getting prowess to remove indestructible.
  • dukedevill4412dukedevill4412 Member Posts: 186
    Moghazy said:

Did u even read the xmagica and magic thief descriptions? You need to have prowess to remove indestructible....u need to either parry or hit into defender blocks to get prowess and 1 prowess will remove 1 indestructible so u need to keep getting prowess to remove indestructible.

Yes I can read the node, you condescending ****. My issue is the node says they don’t get an indestructible when missing a Xmagica champ but clearly they do
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,836 ★★★★★

Moghazy said:

Yes I can read the node, you condescending ****. My issue is the node says they don’t get an indestructible when missing a Xmagica champ but clearly they do
    The node does not say they don’t gain indestructible if they’re facing an x-magica attacker.
  • PistolcuApaPistolcuApa Member Posts: 155

Moghazy said:

Yea, I hate aw this season, can't really be arsed with it.
  • Jaffa_Jaffa_ Member Posts: 38

Moghazy said:

Miss and dex are two different things. No one on your team has a miss mechanic
    @MrSakuragi read the second sentence of the node again. It’s literally the crux of my issue with the node and its interaction. I have 2 xmagica champs and every time I dex a special a magic thief gains an indestructible passive when the node says it shouldn’t
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★

@MrSakuragi read the second sentence of the node again. It’s literally the crux of my issue with the node and its interaction. I have 2 xmagica champs and every time I dex a special a magic thief gains an indestructible passive when the node says it shouldn’t

Maybe you should read the second sentence again.
    Miss and dex are 2 completely different things.
    @Jaffa_ copy that. So it’s the wording of the node that I can only have attacks “miss” and not dex. I appreciate the clarification. Still seems almost impossible to fight but that I’m sure is skill related because I’ve never liked war

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,836 ★★★★★

You are dexing. The attack is not missing. Miss is a different mechanic.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★

@Jaffa_ copy that. So it’s the wording of the node that I can only have attacks “miss” and not dex. I appreciate the clarification. Still seems almost impossible to fight but that I’m sure is skill related because I’ve never liked war

My dude, watch some of trappys BG videos, or fintech war videos and you can get some good ideas on how to play the tactic.
    Until you start to fully understand exactly how it works (it took me awhile as well) you're in for a rough go.

My dude, watch some of trappys BG videos, or fintech war videos and you can get some good ideas on how to play the tactic.
    Until you start to fully understand exactly how it works (it took me awhile as well) you're in for a rough go.
    I’m probably in for a rough go at it anyways. I don’t enjoy high tier wars and therefore the rewards are never enticing enough for me. Appreciate the direction for intel though
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 387 ★★★
    Did you select xmagicka as your attack tactic? It’s not enough to just pick champs with the tag. You have to get the right tactic too.