Options

So AW Defense Default Mastery Applies to both Attack and Defense?

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,088 ★★★★★
edited April 25 in General Discussion
If that's how it's supposed to work then ... uhhh I mean really? I just noticed going into an off season war just now that my mastery attack loadout was auto selected to what I selected for defense. I thought because it literally says on the mastery screen for AW Defense Default that it would apply to just my defense.

Am I missing something in how I can have it apply to just defense and not also be forced to use it for AW attack? It won't let me select a new loadout for attack unless I go back and switch the default to a new loadout that I want to attack with.

If this is how it's supposed to work then I seriously missed that bit of info .. I thought it would only apply to defense and not for attack as well.

Comments

• Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,917 Guardian
    You’re missing the fact that Masteries for AW are bugged at the moment, which is why they pushed back the start of next Season for another week.

AW Defense Checkbox Loadout should (ultimately) get auto-applied for just your Defense.

And then for offense it would be whatever your currently selected Mastery Loadout is.
  • Options
    Ahhhh .. the bugs. So this is well documented then. Gotcha. Carry on.
  • Options
    so this bug apparently has not been fixed. it is still prompting me to use my AW selected default for attack as well.
  • Options
    Deacon said:

so this bug apparently has not been fixed. it is still prompting me to use my AW selected default for attack as well.

The prompt is referring to masteries for your DEFENSE.

Just happens that they needed a spot to be able to tell you that, and they chose the point at which you join your 1st War (even though it is joining as attack) after this went into effect, to be able to tell you about your Defense.
  • Options

Deacon said:

The prompt is referring to masteries for your DEFENSE.

Just happens that they needed a spot to be able to tell you that, and they chose the point at which you join your 1st War (even though it is joining as attack) after this went into effect, to be able to tell you about your Defense.
    No mate ... it has my selected loadout for War as my attack loadout. And when I go to change it, it says I have to first choose another war defense loadout.

So you're saying I can just ignore that and when I actually do enter the war, it'll be my active loadout instead?
  • Options
    edited May 4
    Without going to look at the pic in another thread, yes, I believe that was only talking about if you want to change your Defense Loadout (although that would not take effect for THIS war, just future wars) then you would need to select a different Loadout and set the “defense default” for it.

And your screen pic should be telling you *which* Loadout it is that you have the “defense default” flag set in.

Just ignore this to join in Attack.
    (assuming what you currently have selected as your ACTIVE QUEST Loadout is the one you want to use for Attack. That is still whatever one is currently set for “active”. And can still be switched around, if you have different loadouts you like to use for different champs, even within the same quest).
  • Options
    And..
    Don’t know what the message looks like if you have never even set a “defense default” yet. Maybe you don’t get this message at all.
    Or like if you never expanded to more than just 1 Loadout yet, at all. Probably no message comes up either ??
  • Options
    I'll grab another screenshot of it if it happens this next war. So currently I have the default set to Loadout 2. My active loadout is Loadout 1.

I'll report back in a few hours after matchmaking if it pops up.
  • Options
    Ok I'm back ... and yes all confirmed .. I can safely ignore that little thing. Thanks mate.