14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 402 ★★
    Cantona59 said:

DNA3000 said:

Well %$&*%^& done!

Apart from the whole "making the rest of us look like scrubs" thing haha

MSD and Cantona are my you gotta be $*!#ing me bookends of MCOC.

The thing about both of them is every time I see them do something ridiculous I always get the feeling I haven't seen the best they can do yet. Like, as crazy as this sounds, I can clearly see opportunities for improvement here.

Like, for Cantona, not for me. I'm tired just watching all of this.
    Being put in the same list as MSD is insanely high praise 😅
    And I agree yeah the run probably could have been shortened by 1-2 days, also ending with 1600 units on the account means it was definitely unoptimised.
    No, you and MSD are on the same level! Still can’t believe it was only 21 days.
  • Options
    ErrangErrang Posts: 73
    Damn dude, nice job :)
  • Options
    Arjun2022Arjun2022 Posts: 23
    Cantona59 said:

Day 3 Recap!
    Had to do my first bit of problem solving to get through a boss today, which led to a pretty clean solo.
    Started the day off continuing through act 5, and managed to beat 5.3 and 5.4 without spending a single revive (Steve 😍). I got 2 5 stars from this, one of which was Kate bishop. That’s a massive pull, she will likely carry through act 6 and 7, and even be useful in act 8.
    But at this point I saw a problem. I still did not have a single poison immune 4 or 5 star to deal with crossbones. I explored act 3 for the units and revives, but also for the 2 4* nexus crystals to try and get someone good, but it didn’t pay off.
    So then I looked at my 3 stars (I’m not joking 😅) and saw I had a guillotine 2099. My plan was to ramp her up on the path to crossbones and then hope she could eventually outdamage the regeneration and not die.

So here’s how 6.1 went:

6.1.1, (Red skull path) 4 revives, hardest quest tbh, wasnt mad at this
    6.1.2, (Punisher 2099 path) 0 revives, magneto destroyed the full path of metal champs and the boss
    6.1.3, (Yellowjacket path) 0 revives, bit of a slog cause of long distance relationship
    6.1.4, (Sabretooth path) 0 revives, you can get free healing from global if you play well

So 6.1.5, (Winter soldier path) I decided to ramp guilly on old man Logan, so purposefully quit out with Steve at 8%. I got the ramp without dying, so was charged up for the boss. (I then used 1 revive on Kate to be able to swap her out for a backup knull)
    Crossbones boss, guilly solos 😃😃😃, it took around 100 hits to get going but then he started slowly ticking down.

6.1.6 (Wolverine path), 0 revives, Steve can gain armour up on specials, so havok didn’t nuke me

So cavalier only cost me 5 revives, which is … insanely good compared to my last runs. Because of this I still have around 45 revives through exploring act 1,2 and 3.

Tomorrow I’m going to buy the 6.1 deal (I’ll showcase it too), as well as get my first 6 star and push further into act 6.

Highlight video for today is up, showcases the act 5 Ultron boss, the end of 6.1.2 (as it’s usually challenging), and 3* G99 vs Crossbones.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YAvCRLAzh2w

Can someone explain... Which champ is Steve??
  • Options
    Wong_99Wong_99 Posts: 550 ★★★
    Arjun2022 said:

Cantona59 said:

Day 3 Recap!
    Had to do my first bit of problem solving to get through a boss today, which led to a pretty clean solo.
    Started the day off continuing through act 5, and managed to beat 5.3 and 5.4 without spending a single revive (Steve 😍). I got 2 5 stars from this, one of which was Kate bishop. That’s a massive pull, she will likely carry through act 6 and 7, and even be useful in act 8.
    But at this point I saw a problem. I still did not have a single poison immune 4 or 5 star to deal with crossbones. I explored act 3 for the units and revives, but also for the 2 4* nexus crystals to try and get someone good, but it didn’t pay off.
    So then I looked at my 3 stars (I’m not joking 😅) and saw I had a guillotine 2099. My plan was to ramp her up on the path to crossbones and then hope she could eventually outdamage the regeneration and not die.

So here’s how 6.1 went:

6.1.1, (Red skull path) 4 revives, hardest quest tbh, wasnt mad at this
    6.1.2, (Punisher 2099 path) 0 revives, magneto destroyed the full path of metal champs and the boss
    6.1.3, (Yellowjacket path) 0 revives, bit of a slog cause of long distance relationship
    6.1.4, (Sabretooth path) 0 revives, you can get free healing from global if you play well

So 6.1.5, (Winter soldier path) I decided to ramp guilly on old man Logan, so purposefully quit out with Steve at 8%. I got the ramp without dying, so was charged up for the boss. (I then used 1 revive on Kate to be able to swap her out for a backup knull)
    Crossbones boss, guilly solos 😃😃😃, it took around 100 hits to get going but then he started slowly ticking down.

6.1.6 (Wolverine path), 0 revives, Steve can gain armour up on specials, so havok didn’t nuke me

So cavalier only cost me 5 revives, which is … insanely good compared to my last runs. Because of this I still have around 45 revives through exploring act 1,2 and 3.

Tomorrow I’m going to buy the 6.1 deal (I’ll showcase it too), as well as get my first 6 star and push further into act 6.

Highlight video for today is up, showcases the act 5 Ultron boss, the end of 6.1.2 (as it’s usually challenging), and 3* G99 vs Crossbones.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YAvCRLAzh2w

Can someone explain... Which champ is Steve??
    Summoned Symbiote
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,856 ★★★★
    What a run @Cantona59.
    Congrats on kicking ass as usual!
    I dunno how you do it, but I'm glad you do!
    Your game knowledge is insane. You have probably forgotten more than most people know! Haha
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,751 ★★★★
    Congratulations man! There's probably nothing more I can say that hasn't been said already, but I just wanted to congratulate you on such a monumental achievement. Looking forward to your next speedrun!
  • Options
    Mdowney80Mdowney80 Posts: 76
    edited May 12
    Cantona59 said:

@DNA3000 , tagged you as I thought you might be interested again, apologies if you’re not.

Hello everyone!
    With the release of act 8.4, there is now a path to valiant that doesn’t involve necropolis exploration, which for a new account would be quite crystal rng dependent.
    So starting tonight, I’m doing a F2P valiant Speedrun, which will likely involve full act 8 exploration and necropolis completion (unless I am blessed with a necro mvp very early).
    I have done similar Speedruns before, the most recent being a F2P Paragon Speedrun which took 9 days to complete. (Link below incase anyone wants to check it out)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/356411/f2p-paragon-speedrun-record-attempt/p1

As far as I know, nobody has been mentally insane enough to attempt a valiant Speedrun before, so this time there is no goal to aim at set by another person. So I have set my own goal, 1 month (deadline day 12th May midnight GMT).
    I’ll be honest, this could be a colossal failure, with the Paragon Speedrun I was quietly confident of smashing the goal due to act4/5 rework, as well as the release of 8.3 being after Nagases 23 day run, but this time, there is no time checkpoints to really aim for (eg: explore act 8 by day 21).
    The most difficult part is gonna be being conservative enough that I can get over the finish line, but also being fast enough to beat the deadline, I can’t really wait around too long for the ideal champions.

As with the last Speedruns, I’ll be posting updates in this thread and am willing to answer any questions about the run that anybody may have. :)

Would there even be enough free energy to do that in one month?

Edit - Nevermind you’ve already made it so far!