Options

Website promo code

Comments

• Options
    AsphyxiaAsphyxia Posts: 41

cbmx said:

We want to encourage more people to watch our streams and join our Discord server. When we make the codes available for longer, people just spread them throughout the community themselves and that's not hitting those goals. If you want to make sure you don't miss out on codes in the future, make sure you're watching our streams and following us on all of our channels.

I watch every live show and received the code this time, but the delivery in my area is around 2am. Every time I think about it, I don't think the live bonus character gift is fair either. It is a privilege to be in an area where a healthy time for delivery takes place.
    Where is it written is has to be fair for you? This is generally how giveaways work. If you really wanted it or it really mattered to you, you would find a way to get it. You could set an alarm and wake up for the stream. You only need to be part of the stream for the giveaway. Wake up for 15 mins and go back to sleep.

It's a mobile game. There's nothing fair about it.
    I want to say that there are people who redeemed but never gotten in game. What about those people. Even if we contact support they only say they cannot extend the time.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,306 ★★★★★
    Asphyxia said:

cbmx said:

We want to encourage more people to watch our streams and join our Discord server. When we make the codes available for longer, people just spread them throughout the community themselves and that's not hitting those goals. If you want to make sure you don't miss out on codes in the future, make sure you're watching our streams and following us on all of our channels.

I watch every live show and received the code this time, but the delivery in my area is around 2am. Every time I think about it, I don't think the live bonus character gift is fair either. It is a privilege to be in an area where a healthy time for delivery takes place.
    Where is it written is has to be fair for you? This is generally how giveaways work. If you really wanted it or it really mattered to you, you would find a way to get it. You could set an alarm and wake up for the stream. You only need to be part of the stream for the giveaway. Wake up for 15 mins and go back to sleep.

I want to say that there are people who redeemed but never gotten in game. What about those people. Even if we contact support they only say they cannot extend the time.
    Then those people didn't have the right account linked.
  • Options

Asphyxia said:

cbmx said:

If that's the case then how would I buy daily deals and get daily and weekly crystals from the web store?
  • Options
    Asphyxia said:

Asphyxia said:

cbmx said:

If that's the case then how would I buy daily deals and get daily and weekly crystals from the web store?
    Not a clue. If it's truly something where you claimed it in time but didn't get them, then support should help. It's most likely you aren't being specific enough for them.
  • Options

Asphyxia said:

Asphyxia said:

cbmx said:

Not a clue. If it's truly something where you claimed it in time but didn't get them, then support should help. It's most likely you aren't being specific enough for them.
    Well Support Is Not Responding now. It's been like that for 2 days with no response
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,596 ★★★★★
    Asphyxia said:

Asphyxia said:

Asphyxia said:

cbmx said:

Well Support Is Not Responding now. It's been like that for 2 days with no response
    Oh no they didn't reply over a weekend to something that is trivial...
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim Posts: 49

Asphyxia said:

Asphyxia said:

cbmx said:

I claimed in time. I got the popup telling me that I'd got three crystals. They never showed in my account.

The daily crystal from the webstore worked fine, prior to this. The following daily crystal did. There's no problem on my end. I even had screenshot proof to send to support.

"Support should help", yes, indeed they should. They had all the information. My ticket was completely specific, and contained proof. Their response showed that they fully understood. Their response confirmed that they would do absolutely nothing to help. And as you can see from this very thread, at least eight of us have been affected in this way.
  • Options
    Asphyxia said:

Asphyxia said:

Asphyxia said:

cbmx said:

It can generally take around 3 days. Also, your ticket isn't the only ticket. Saying they haven't responded is different than what you claimed above.
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 618 ★★★
    I get it but maybe fix your website first? Haven't been able to login in days on my android device. Works on Windows 11 but I'm not going to carry my laptop to work just so I can redeem a code in time.
  • Options

Well that's it. Kabam support ain't supporting.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,087 ★★★★★
    Asphyxia said:

You expected a different answer from a call center than from Devs and community managers?...
  • Options

Asphyxia said:

You expected a different answer from a call center than from Devs and community managers?...
    Umm what did I do wrong? I claimed the code, the rewards didn't popped up in my game. That's not a BUG? I can also confirm that I claimed it in the correct account because I always collect daily crystals and weekly crystals and sometimes daily deals from webstore.

Note: I claimed it right after stream ended, which is like 2 mins after the code.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim Posts: 49
    edited May 7

Asphyxia said:

I'm sorry, I missed the part where the devs and community managers commented on those of us who correctly redeemed the code at the right time but the crystals never showed in our accounts. If it's not too much trouble, would you mind sharing the link or pointing us in the right direction?

As far as I've read, they've only commented on those who didn't enter the code during the thirty minute window, telling them that they should have correctly redeemed the code at the right time...
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,378 ★★★★★

We want to encourage more people to watch our streams and join our Discord server.

I personally don't care about missing out on the promo code. However, I would like to know if you'd rather have us in Discord or the forums. I shan't do both.
  • Options
    BhaneBhane Posts: 4
    edited May 7
    Good morning, I had the same problem even now that they have unlocked the promocodes for another half hour. I had the same message telling me that I have already taken the crystals but when I go into the game the popup to redeem them doesn't appear. This is not "my fault"
    @Kabam Miike please fix this

• Options
    DoctorFlashDoctorFlash Posts: 9

I get what you are trying to do but it doesn't make business sense. Most of the people that spend actual money in this game have work and family responsibilities. Most of the time I can't watch the live cause I'm at work. If you make it available for 24 hours then at least you are allowing everyone a chance.

Right now, even if the code becomes active again for 30 mins, I doubt people who work and have families can be glued to Twitter waiting for the announcement. I know I can't. It doesn't matter what the reward is, unless you make it at least 24hours, it will never be fair to your players. And when a game stops being fair, it makes me question if I should continue spending money on it.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,087 ★★★★★
    Well easy solution. No more promo codes ever.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,358 ★★★★★
    edited May 7

I get what you are trying to do but it doesn't make business sense. Most of the people that spend actual money in this game have work and family responsibilities. Most of the time I can't watch the live cause I'm at work. If you make it available for 24 hours then at least you are allowing everyone a chance.

Right now, even if the code becomes active again for 30 mins, I doubt people who work and have families can be glued to Twitter waiting for the announcement. I know I can't. It doesn't matter what the reward is, unless you make it at least 24hours, it will never be fair to your players. And when a game stops being fair, it makes me question if I should continue spending money on it.
    Horrible take. Can you tell us how you feel about people getting goodie bags at a birthday party? Do you get upset that you couldn't get one because you didn't go or weren't able to go and demand the host to give you one after berating them for their decision to do something special and nice for a select group of people?
  • Options

This was a code for those that watched the Livestream. If we wanted to give everybody a prize, we'd put it in an in-game message. I get that you might have other commitments, but then this wasn't for you. I know that's blunt, but we're going to keep doing these. Some will be available longer and some won't.

It's not unfair to reward those that are spending their time to tune into our streams and join other areas of the community.
    I disagree but I guess I have my answer. Thanks for the response.
  • Options

This was a code for those that watched the Livestream. If we wanted to give everybody a prize, we'd put it in an in-game message. I get that you might have other commitments, but then this wasn't for you. I know that's blunt, but we're going to keep doing these. Some will be available longer and some won't.

It's not unfair to reward those that are spending their time to tune into our streams and join other areas of the community.
    I disagree but I guess I have my answer. Thanks for the response.
    Its not about you disagreeing or not.
    A lot of times when you go to a game convention, they give out promo codes too. Should you get the same even if you didn't go? Is it unfair? No is not.
    You cannot make that comparison with a virtual game. Overall, this is a great game that I've enjoyed playing for the past decade. I'm currently Valiant and those 3 crystals don't really mean that much to me; however, there are people in my alliance that those 3 crystals mean a lot to. All I'm saying is that giving the reward to everyone would encourage more people to keep playing vs being disheartened for not being able to watch the live stream. There are many other mobile games and other companies that have proven giving more rewards encourage people to spend more on them. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me.
This discussion has been closed.