Options

Onslaught Re-Balance Info

Nacho98Nacho98 Posts: 135 ★★
edited May 7 in General Discussion
Where is it? New month in tomorrow and no word? I think onslaught is perfectly balanced so I’m hoping for another buff announcement

Comments

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,363 ★★★★
    Yeah it’s still not here, perhaps they want to do it this month alongside Bullseye and White Tiger
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,108 ★★★★★
    OP, they previously announced that they will not be doing monthly buffs like that anymore. Rather, we’re going to be getting overhauls once every three months. We’re getting Superior Iron Man in I think June or July as the first champion through this new rework cadence.
  • Options
    GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Posts: 347 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

OP, they previously announced that they will not be doing monthly buffs like that anymore. Rather, we’re going to be getting overhauls once every three months. We’re getting Superior Iron Man in I think June or July as the first champion through this new rework cadence.

i thought they said the 3 month buff cadence was for full reworks and large buffs like nightcrawler but they would still give small tweaks and number tuneups similar to luke cage if no other champs needed adjusted
  • Options
    edited May 7
    Thank you Miike

However, typically if a champion isn't getting rebalanced, there is usually an announcement of an older champion getting tuned up or buffed, and I don't see one here.

So is the next buffed champion gonna be Superior Iron Man?
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,567 ★★★★★
    Oh sheet, Onslut ain't getting a nerf. Time to learn how to play against him.

Also you guys better release hard counters for him like yall did for bullseye in recent times.
  • Options

Also you guys better release hard counters for him like yall did for bullseye in recent times.
    Hopefully Bastion will be the first
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 905 ★★★
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,761 ★★★★

Ha! Onslut lives onnnnnnn!!!! 😎😎😎😎
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

I don't think that's true, correct me if I'm wrong but those overhauls are meant for old champs that need it. Champs like Red Guardian, Luke Cage and Mr Sinister just needed tune ups or moderate buffs.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,031 ★★★★★

Ha! Onslut lives onnnnnnn!!!! 😎😎😎😎
    So glad. I would’ve been sad af if they nerfed my boy
  • Options
    ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Posts: 160
    @Kabam Miike So no new buffs planned for future after June(Superior Iron Man Update) 😔
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike So no new buffs planned for future after June(Superior Iron Man Update) 😔

They announced back in April that the rebalance schedule is going to change again so I would suggest rereading that one to understand how they're doing the layout now.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Wicket329 said:

I don't think that's true, correct me if I'm wrong but those overhauls are meant for old champs that need it. Champs like Red Guardian, Luke Cage and Mr Sinister just needed tune ups or moderate buffs.

RG, Sinister, and LC were all scheduled prior to this cadence change (announced on the Chee’ilth/Kushala update). So, in conclusion:

So no new moderate updates/tuneups planned? Only overhauls?
    This may mean many other characters who may need number updates may not get buffed, such as OG Ghost Rider, Psylocke, Night Thrasher, Darkhawk, Phoenix, etc.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,721 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Wicket329 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Wicket329 said:

RG, Sinister, and LC were all scheduled prior to this cadence change (announced on the Chee’ilth/Kushala update). So, in conclusion:

This may mean many other characters who may need number updates may not get buffed, such as OG Ghost Rider, Psylocke, Night Thrasher, Darkhawk, Phoenix, etc.
    Its more of we wont know till that update it seems so we could see a buff next month or not just have to wait also id love to see a psylocke moderate buff
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,108 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Wicket329 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Wicket329 said:

Its more of we wont know till that update it seems so we could see a buff next month or not just have to wait also id love to see a psylocke moderate buff
    What? No. We know. One overhaul every three months. Nothing scheduled in between. Could there be surprise buffs worked in there like we just had with Nightcrawler? Absolutely, and I hope that happens. But nothing else announced except this.
  • Options
    Denslo500 said:
    He is the only hard counter rn. But for bullseye there are like 5 (emma, iceman, bishop, prowler and ntw).
  • Options

Denslo500 said:
    He is the only hard counter rn. But for bullseye there are like 5 (emma, iceman, bishop, prowler and ntw).
    Sinister as well
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,031 ★★★★★
    edited May 7

Denslo500 said:
    Sinister counters him pretty hardly too :)

Edit: So does Onslaught
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,094 ★★★★★
    surprised no mention of his ridiculous AI Special awkwardness ... he throws the thing not on cadence but randomly no matter how you successfully bait it .. he'll never throw it then .. the AI just waits until you back off again or some inopportune time to throw it.
  • Options
    edited May 7
    EdisonLaw said:

Denslo500 said:
    Sinister as well
    Well there are two effects bullseye has, unavoidable bleed damage and killer instinct. While sinister is a great counter, he isn't a hard counter. Hard counter in the sense they completely shut down both of his defensive effects.

Why I listed bishop because he can stun chain him to sp2 and nuke him.In that case I might as well add sinsiter, but if the ai decides to hold off special 1, you are cooked haha.

Also gorr is a cheese counter to bullseye, just like havok is to onslaught.
  • Options

EdisonLaw said:

Denslo500 said:
    Sinister as well
    Well there are two effects bullseye has, unavoidable bleed damage and killer instinct. While sinister is a great counter, he isn't a hard counter. Hard counter in the sense they completely shut down both of his defensive effects.

Why I listed bishop because he can stun chain him to sp2 and nuke him.In that case I might as well add sinsiter, but if the ai decides to hold off special 1, you are cooked haha.

Also gorr is a cheese counter to bullseye, just like havok is to onslaught.
    Weapon x also counters him because of regen and unstoppable
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,250 ★★★★★

Denslo500 said:
    Havok may be the cheese option but anyone who can dex sp1 and nuke and you're fine.
    I personally use HB, which I consider more of a counter than havok. Spam sp2s and you're good to go.
    Hulkling and other nuke do great in BG as well.
  • Options
    xLunatiXx said:

Denslo500 said:
    Havok may be the cheese option but anyone who can dex sp1 and nuke and you're fine.
    I personally use HB, which I consider more of a counter than havok. Spam sp2s and you're good to go.
    Will HB be able to clear at high health tho? He cannot purify the neuroshocks but ik his sp2 power burn is insane.

• Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 480 ★★★
    edited May 8

Not hard and the cheat code is already there.. use Havok, learn how to dex his sp1, spam sp1…watch him 🫠
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,250 ★★★★★

xLunatiXx said:

Denslo500 said:
    Will HB be able to clear at high health tho? He cannot purify the neuroshocks but ik his sp2 power burn is insane.

This was done more than 2 months ago:
    https://youtu.be/j_8yKmeNpsY?si=HEmhDDw4DpXVyEPJ

If he throws a special before your sp2 or you block his sp1 then I agree the neuroshock can become annoying.

HB is still worth it for so many matchups, this season highlights: