Options

New AI nerfed Gladiator !?

When kabam buffed Gladiator he was able to punish the opponents block with no problem, just add intimidate and carefully hit your opponent's block so you could ramp up confidence and end your attack with a heavy. Now with the new AI improvements they can dash back and evade your heavy attacks making it even more difficult to ramp up your confidence. Kabam you keep messing up with Gladiator at this point just hand out rank down tickets and lets forget about Gladiator forever....

Comments

• Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,108 ★★★★★
    Who were you fighting
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,172 ★★★★★
    Trek26 said:

I swear intimidate and infuriate doesn't work

The percentage on these buffs seem to be different for different champs. Hulkling's works well, like 80/20. mantis - 50.50, Gladiator 40/60!
  • Options
    WinnieKologo69WinnieKologo69 Posts: 70 ★★
    Wicket329 said:

Who were you fighting

It was against Prowler on EQ. I used Gladiator against him and his intimidate worked perfectly but my phone auto updated the app and the next time I'm hitting Prowler's Block and when I go for the heavy he evades like he was SpiderMan -.- ! It feels so wrong that they buff a champ and then do a silent nerf like this.

IF Gladiator cant ramp up his confidence safely then the champion lost like 50% of his value. WHy play a risky champ if there is other Amazing cosmic options and less risk.All of this is sad cuz the character started growing on me since he wasn't OP but had a fun kit... looks I will have to go back to Herc or Hulkling 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,814 Guardian
    There are way better ways to use gladiator than trying to heavy through block
  • Options

Gladiator can ramp up his confidence very well - after the update. There was no "silent nerf."

As others have stated, launching wild heavies in the middle of the field was never the most optimal way to ramp his confidence - in the corner, sure.
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Trek26 said:

The percentage on these buffs seem to be different for different champs. Hulkling's works well, like 80/20. mantis - 50.50, Gladiator 40/60!
    The different percentages are linked to the Block Penetration - the potency of AI defensiveness coupled with the effect is the same throughout each Intimidate user.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★★
    Gladiator working perfectly fine on my end.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,761 ★★★★★
    In arena today using mantis I had an opponent launch a special while intimidated, then parry me while i was hitting into block.

Not a big mantis player so it could be normal but it seems odd.
  • Options
    edited May 8

Bugmat78 said:

Trek26 said:

The different percentages are linked to the Block Penetration - the potency of AI defensiveness coupled with the effect is the same throughout each Intimidate user.
    Just checked to be sure and Gladiator's intidimidate is a 30% non-stacking buff (with no block penetration listed) vs Hulkling and Mantis both just having intimidate buffs determined by block proficiency reduction. This implies that theirs are 100% intimidate - more than 3 times as effective as his. It's not wonder they seem easier to use with that mechanic.
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Bugmat78 said:

Trek26 said:

Just checked to be sure and Gladiator's intidimidate is a 30% non-stacking buff (with no block penetration listed) vs Hulkling and Mantis both just having intimidate buffs determined by block proficiency reduction. This implies that theirs are 100% intimidate - more than 3 times as effective as his. It's not wonder they seem easier to use with that mechanic.
    No - "The different percentages are linked to the Block Penetration - the potency of AI defensiveness coupled with the effect is the same throughout each Intimidate user."

• Options
    edited May 8

Bugmat78 said:

Bugmat78 said:

Trek26 said:

No - "The different percentages are linked to the Block Penetration - the potency of AI defensiveness coupled with the effect is the same throughout each Intimidate user."

You say that, but the definition itself says otherwise. It says the chance to block and penetrate are by the given percentage Mike, therefore Gladiator is only getting a 30% block proficiency reduction and 30% chance for the AI to block (and as it doesnt stack he can't get any higher chances).

What I'm saying is that neither Hulkling's or Mantis' intimidate match that above description in action (which is subjective I will admit) or text.

In text their intimidate don't state percentages but only block proficiency reduction - you can't use the numbers in their description to calculate chance for AI to block, and how they perform is at a much higher rate than the 30% we see with Gladiator (if you assume all intimidate buffs are 30% like his is stated to be)

Neither Hulkling or mantis' intimidate description state a percentage - they just state the reduction of block proficiency, which by logic (ie you read the text, and you read what the intimidate buff is defined as in game) implies their intimidate guarantees a 100% chance of blocking.

The way the AI interacts with these 3 champs from my limited experience does not imply a consistent-across-the-table chance of the AI blocking. If they are all 30% chance to block, then they all should be updated accordingly, and most importantly they should all perform that way.

From all my time playing with gladiator it seems his intimidate is less effective than Hulkling's and many get the same impression (in my alliance, here on the forums, random youtuber comments).

To me the more important aspect of an intimidate buff is the blocking action of the AI not the block penetration/reduction in block proficiency. If that isn't working correctly, then the champion becomes hindered and less enjoyable to use.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,262 ★★★★

Bugmat78 said:

Bugmat78 said:

Trek26 said:

I'm not a native English speaker so I'm not sure I understood you correctly: does this mean that Block Penetration stat focus can make the intimidate more potent for gladiator?
  • Options
    WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 282 ★★★
    I mean, don't heavy into his block? 😂

Heavy to place intimidate, hit his block 4 times, dash back BE PREPARED FOR THEM TO DASH IN and when they still hold block, go hit it again. It's pretty simple, intimidated is paused while you're hitting block so stop trying to rush the ramp and you're fine 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,250 ★★★★★

Bugmat78 said:

Bugmat78 said:

Trek26 said:

I'm not a native English speaker so I'm not sure I understood you correctly: does this mean that Block Penetration stat focus can make the intimidate more potent for gladiator?
    No he's saying the % you see is for the block penetration. The forcing AI to block is the same for all intimidate, no % attached to it. Just all the same likely to hold block
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Bugmat78 said:

Bugmat78 said:

Trek26 said:

You say that, but the definition itself says otherwise. It says the chance to block and penetrate are by the given percentage Mike, therefore Gladiator is only getting a 30% block proficiency reduction and 30% chance for the AI to block (and as it doesnt stack he can't get any higher chances).

What I'm saying is that neither Hulkling's or Mantis' intimidate match that above description in action (which is subjective I will admit) or text.

In text their intimidate don't state percentages but only block proficiency reduction - you can't use the numbers in their description to calculate chance for AI to block, and how they perform is at a much higher rate than the 30% we see with Gladiator (if you assume all intimidate buffs are 30% like his is stated to be)

Neither Hulkling or mantis' intimidate description state a percentage - they just state the reduction of block proficiency, which by logic (ie you read the text, and you read what the intimidate buff is defined as in game) implies their intimidate guarantees a 100% chance of blocking.

The way the AI interacts with these 3 champs from my limited experience does not imply a consistent-across-the-table chance of the AI blocking. If they are all 30% chance to block, then they all should be updated accordingly, and most importantly they should all perform that way.

From all my time playing with gladiator it seems his intimidate is less effective than Hulkling's and many get the same impression (in my alliance, here on the forums, random youtuber comments).

To me the more important aspect of an intimidate buff is the blocking action of the AI not the block penetration/reduction in block proficiency. If that isn't working correctly, then the champion becomes hindered and less enjoyable to use.
    @Bugmat78 No, it doesn't.
    It increases the chance to block as the standard effect - and then it separately reduces their block proficiency by the given potency. That's what the glossary effect means.
    Mantis & Hulkling both show a value for the Block Prof reduction via numbers, whereas Gladiator does via percentage. They all have the same "chance to block."

Gladiator keeps the Opponent intimidated for his entire ramp, so the effect is active more often than with the other Champs you listed - which would attribute to you feeling as if his is less consistent, especially with limited testing.

Taunt works the same way - the chance to throw specials is increased, and then the potency is the weakness attached.
  • Options

Bugmat78 said:

Bugmat78 said:

Bugmat78 said:

Trek26 said:

@Bugmat78 No, it doesn't.
    It increases the chance to block as the standard effect - and then it separately reduces their block proficiency by the given potency. That's what the glossary effect means.
    Mantis & Hulkling both show a value for the Block Prof reduction via numbers, whereas Gladiator does via percentage. They all have the same "chance to block."

Gladiator keeps the Opponent intimidated for his entire ramp, so the effect is active more often than with the other Champs you listed - which would attribute to you feeling as if his is less consistent, especially with limited testing.

Taunt works the same way - the chance to throw specials is increased, and then the potency is the weakness attached.
    Ok cool - I will have to really test him more in different settings as sometimes his just doesnt seem to work as well to me at the start of his ramp up.