**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Is Apocalypse still relevant in 2024?

13»

Comments

• Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 425 ★★★
    Yes
    EdisonLaw said:

007Bishop said:

I wouldn't consider Nagase's takes to be valid. Despite being one of the best mcoc players, his opinions are wild, narrow minded or just rage inducing. He's critical of champs like Apoc for falling off in BGs but praises Nova who's only really usable in BGs (trust me no one wants to play nova in high healthpool content, it's a real task). His takes on champs are extremely restrictive and stems from their usability in BGs. If a champ does well in BGs and other forms of content - good champ. If a champ does well in BGs and nowhere else - good champ. A champ that does well in other parts of the game except BGs - meh champ.

Apoc is still one of the top mutants in the game. Definitely not the best, but discrediting how much he brings to the table with his damage, utility, sustainability and synergies is crazy. He is definitely an insanely strong champion that'll save you revives and help you clear a ton of content in the game

Nova is still valuable in story as well, he’s just not the fastest for those HPs
    valuable how?
    EdisonLaw said:

007Bishop said:

EdisonLaw said:

007Bishop said:

I wouldn't consider Nagase's takes to be valid. Despite being one of the best mcoc players, his opinions are wild, narrow minded or just rage inducing. He's critical of champs like Apoc for falling off in BGs but praises Nova who's only really usable in BGs (trust me no one wants to play nova in high healthpool content, it's a real task). His takes on champs are extremely restrictive and stems from their usability in BGs. If a champ does well in BGs and other forms of content - good champ. If a champ does well in BGs and nowhere else - good champ. A champ that does well in other parts of the game except BGs - meh champ.

Apoc is still one of the top mutants in the game. Definitely not the best, but discrediting how much he brings to the table with his damage, utility, sustainability and synergies is crazy. He is definitely an insanely strong champion that'll save you revives and help you clear a ton of content in the game

Nova is still valuable in story as well, he’s just not the fastest for those HPs
    valuable how?
    Non contact hits, decent damage output (though not the fastest), true strike, unblockable, etc. If he was a 7 star then he would be more used.
    Those are valuable pieces of utility but they don't make nova valuable in story content. His damage is good enough in BGs for him to shine there but the moment we get to story content or high healthpool content, his relevance falls off. There are so many champs that can do what he can but faster and his value in non BGs content is in the eyes of the beholder at that point lol
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    No (and state why)
    Apoc fell off ngl, and the reason endgame players say that isn't solely because of battlegrounds. Saying he is a good quest champion hardly means anything nowadays, when most endgame players hardly need to do quests, plus plenty of Champs already does what he does but faster. His kit is super wonky as his evade bypass mechanic is weird and hardly reliable, his immunities require you to take damage from the debuffs first instead of simply being immune from the start, and his damage is SO subpar without synergies.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    No (and state why)
    Apoc falls into the same category as Blade, Corvus, etc. For me as the increase in health pools across ALL content make them feel like a slog to play imo
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,871 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I'm curious as to why the attention is on Apocalypse all of a sudden?

The question is: Is Apoc still relevant in 2024? Not "Is Apoc relevant in BGs?"
    When he was released, there was no BGs. He was built for questing and AW because of his synergies. He is intended for a synergy team, not to be a solo threat.

But anyway, I've used my r3 Apoc in BGs against Zemo because of his bleed and disorient immunities. Those alone removes some of Zemo's abilities. He stood toe to toe with Zemo. If he had been a r5 or r5A Apocalypse, he would have knocked him out.
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 230 ★★★
    Unsure
    It depends on whether or not you think questing is challenging. If story and EQ makes you work a little bit, he’s awesome because synergies and persistent charges are relevant to you.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,430 ★★★★
    Yes
    He's good for questing, AQ and AW but he is not meant for battlegrounds
  • Options
    Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Posts: 316
    Yes
    Jack2634 said:

I just personally don't use him anywhere apart from arena. One of my first r4s, used to use him a lot but i rarely touch him nowadays. The problem with the dude is he is way too synergy reliant and even with full synergy team, DoT champs like kate and shuri just outdamage his DoT hard. Standing alone and not facing a mutant matchup, dude is just a walking noodle. Sure, you can argue that his utilities made up for it, but it is not enough with the damage he is dealing in 2024 - when mutants is probably the weakest class out of all 6

But he still have best prefight ability
  • Options
    AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Posts: 332 ★★
    No (and state why)
    EdisonLaw said:

Now a days I see trend that implies that if a champ is not fast as attacker in BG, he/she is not good champ or fallen from the top
    Apart from Bgs, we have AW,Aw, Sq, endgame contents etc. Smh what days have come

Eaxctly. People are so strictly battlegrounds, that they dismiss other content, and others who like to play that content. It's really pathetic.
    It’s the most important gamemode now, everyone’s rankups are for Battlegrounds.
    As a endgame player that just completed 8.4, i can tell you that over 60% of the champions that i rank up are not for specifc battlegrounds use.
    As for apoc, he has fallen of a bit, but is still a very great questing attacker and a tanky defender.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,173 ★★★★★
    No (and state why)

Sunstar19 said:

Not sure why Apoc is judged for how good he is on BG. I still love Apoc for questing, great immunities and great damage on specials. Love his design too.

Cause BGs is the most relevant game mode by far.
    Lol no way🤣🤣🤣
    Have you watched any mcoc streams at all? What were they about?
    Have you watched any tier lists at all? What's the first thing they usually take into account?
    Whether you like BGs or not, it is the most relevant game mode that's why there's so much BGs content. I'm sure if Kabam posted the actual statistics BGs would be above AW and AQ.
    BG is not most relevant content or most played by majority. Youtubers and Forums is not representation of all player base.
    You should check Reddit, line groups ans Discord. There is story mode, Aw, AQ, Eq, Sq, Necro, EOP etc etc etc. Every champ is not meant for doing a fight in 20 seconds. Bg Meta changes every season so do the attacker so doesn't mean a champ is dud if he/she/it not fast attacker in BG. By that mean Polka Dot season, Herc is dud, CGR is dud, Doom is dud?? OR safe guard meta ???
    I don't play Bg at all. Tier list is not absolute truth. Each player have thier own mindset regarding usage of champs. I don't see Chavez beging 1st choice in story content or Eq when other choice is Doom. Most will naturally go with Doom when such content comes. I can finish BG fights in 20 seconds with BWDO but will that mean she is better than Kate or Stealthy or Aegon or Shang chi??
    Bg is time gated fights. So naturally one will choose either fast attacker or time eating defender.
    Ans this poll is all about how Apocalypse is relevant or not in 2024. That doesn't mean if he is not fast attacker in BG doesn't mean he have fallen. Against many mutants, shruggers and similar match ups Apoc shines better than many considering his safety net abilities.
    BG ≠ Mcoc
    Mcoc= Story,Eq,AQ,Aw,BGs,Arean etc etc etc
    Right, but just because you don't play BGs doesn't mean it isn't the most relevant game mode. I never said people don't play other game modes, just that BGs is the most relevant game mode of all. Of course some people like you don't play them and don't enjoy them but that's not gonna change the fact that the vast majority does.
    Like I said, go watch streams and tier lists, they're all about BGs 90% of the time and there's obviously a reason for that.
    As for Apocalypse, he has fallen off. You don't see anyone even talking about him anymore, people use him in story mode and AW sure but he isn't as relevant as he used to be.
    You missed the entire point
    Tier list made by youtubers or any person reflect their personal choice first of all. It's not a offical list from Kabam. One may put BWDO on 1st in their tier list doesn't mean she is better tha rest of skill class in entirety of MCOC. BG is continuously played mode but that doesn't makes it most relevant game mode. Do you even know what Most Relevance mode means.
    Just choose between permanently removing BGS or Story content, you will egt your answer. I am not saying that Story content is most relevant. It always keep changing. So BG doesn't equate to MCOC.

People even don't talk much of Herc, Doom, Mags, HT. Yes you read correct. See last few threads of this month. See YouTube. It's always about the new champs and their hype for future use. But does that make them irrelevant???

Your Entire point is all about following things
    1: BG attack
    2: YouTube tier list

So does that mean Act 7, Act 8, Eqs,Sqs, Back issues, EOP, Necro, AQ, Aw, and other content which come time to time don't hold value in game??? So if champ is not good enough in BG attack for a season or 2 or 3 or maybe not good at all finishing fights in 20-30 seconds is useless and have fallen off on Entire Mcoc??? They don't have use at all??

Ronan can cheese 2 annoying fights in WOW in most safest mode. But that doesn't mean he is OP in AW, AQ, Story content, Eq ??? Does he suddenly rise to tier list?? Same goes for BG. One's rise in one mode doesn't that champ is best and vice versa. Every aspect of game is taken in course when such thing arises. I can't just say that I cheesed New BG meta in VCT by using my r4 Ebony Maw ( try him you will be surprised) now he have risen in ranks. Will you actually consider it??? Heck, will you actually have thought of ranking him for Attack purpose???

TDLR
    BG≠mcoc
    Champ Relevance= In every aspect of game
    Apocalypse is not a top option for story content either lol if you like him a lot just say that.
    Even for story content have you tried ramping him up without the Cable synergy? I think you're just biased at this point.
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 487 ★★★
    No (and state why)
    Apoc needs a synergy to start at his strongest when champs like domino, bishop, sunspot, onslaught, dust, archangel, Dani, both storms all start at their max or get there quickly. Apoc fell off cause others can do what he can do much quicker and be used in bgs and in saying this while owning a r5 ascended apoc he may get a defensive win every 4-5 matches but it’s very unreliable and fully depends on the players your facing. So I fully believe he fell off he’s a good champ but could use some tweaks like having his cable synergy and stryfe synergy in his base kit it would help him plus countering evade and being immune to the three debuffs at the start would help him instantly be very good again maybe even a slight increase on his bursts would be helpful
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,089 ★★★★
    edited May 8
    Unsure

Apoc needs a synergy to start at his strongest when champs like domino, bishop, sunspot, onslaught, dust, archangel, Dani, both storms all start at their max or get there quickly. Apoc fell off cause others can do what he can do much quicker and be used in bgs and in saying this while owning a r5 ascended apoc he may get a defensive win every 4-5 matches but it’s very unreliable and fully depends on the players your facing. So I fully believe he fell off he’s a good champ but could use some tweaks like having his cable synergy and stryfe synergy in his base kit it would help him plus countering evade and being immune to the three debuffs at the start would help him instantly be very good again maybe even a slight increase on his bursts would be helpful

Honestly just making him a 7 star could solve this problem. I don't think he needs a "buff" in any way.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,581 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Well, looking at next season of Battlegrounds, it looks like Apocalypse might have a little more relevance left in him...

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,173 ★★★★★
    No (and state why)

Well, looking at next season of Battlegrounds, it looks like Apocalypse might have a little more relevance left in him...

I can guarantee you you're gonna timeout if you use him against non mutants lol don't try it, Sinister exists now for a reason.
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes.
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 307 ★★
    It's not hard to tune him

Just make sure no skill champ can purify any of his debuffs (whether via charges or cleanse notably), hence no advantage to jabari, zemo, kate, chee'lith
    Apocalypse should NOT have any disadvantage vs skill class. PERIOD.
    SP1 - final hit is true damage, bypasses all armor and physical resistance
    SP3 - regenerate x% health base on lost health

Also, for his signature ability

for the 8 seconds before he becomes bleed and incinerate immune as well as disorient immune...reduced by 1 sec every 25 sig levels
    ALL other (active and passive) debuffs (damaging and non-damaging) unless from Tech class will have potency and duration reduced by 10% for every 40 sig level
  • Options
    AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Posts: 332 ★★
    No (and state why)
    Just took him to R4 :smiley: