7* Venom The Duck uses????

ChovnerChovner Member Posts: 1,222 ★★★★★
I just duped my 7* R1 Venom the Duck (not happy about it), and wondering if there's any VTD defenders out there who can change my mind on him being the most useless 7* in the game?

I thought the same way about Titan pull Sersi, but @Pikolu changed my mind on her, so hoping someone can do the same for VTD.

Comments

• ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,844 ★★★★★
    edited May 15
    He is okay for questing and incursions but most people don't really have a need for him because there are much better options for both. Plus the rng on getting the buffs you want can be annoying. His toxic armor damage is kinda solid tho
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    Arena and random questing.

If you could cycle the buffs somehow to specific builds, he would be a monster.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    He's fun to use in AQ here and there.
    Incursions if you're bored.
    Arena.

He sucks. He needs a value buff because he does look super cool.
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 438 ★★★
    Used him in incursions the other day. It took me 3 fights to get the 3 buffs I wanted. Another 2 to duplicate those buffs, and then we were off an running. Ended up with pretty crappy hacks that I didn't want to waste the 50 units on to re-roll, so made it to Zone 15 before the run ended.

Lots of other champs that are more useful, but like others have said, if you're bored, he'll keep you busy.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,153 ★★★★★
    A lot of summoners complain about his rng aspect. Well if you have a ranked up galan, make VTD herald, and with galan synergy, VTD can remove unwanted buffs and increase his buff charges by doing a MLLLL Combo. I always use this pair for sector 5 incursions it is pretty fun
  • KeltanKeltan Member Posts: 511 ★★
    I used him for AQ .. once ramped up he hit like a truck in Sec 3
  • IlociaM97IlociaM97 Member Posts: 163
    He it's very good at collecting dust on the roaster one of my favorites for that propose
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,540 ★★★★

Well, he is one of the 7* champion i have that are @ sig40. I use him in AQ.. usually I pick the following buffs: regen, fury and power gain (makes survivability and damage better)..
    pair him with

the synergy prevents VTD from getting knocked out when low hp for certain time.. quickly try to beat opponent before the timer runs out.
  • Heir_of_thanosHeir_of_thanos Member Posts: 55
    edited May 16
    VTD defender here, I have him at the same place, duped and still r1. To be fair, I’m TB, so I’m not very close to taking ANYONE to 7/2 😂

To make him easier to play, bring along Venompool. Great champ, and lets VTD get offensive buffs faster. The venom relic is helpful, but in no way crucial, as least based on my experience. Oh, and purgatory allows him to gain another persistent charge per fight, which superspeeds his ramp-up.

As for uses, he’s an absolute monster in incursions and AQ. Not a great arenas champ, but he finishes fights fast enough. He’s not much of a defender and he requires fight-to-fight ramping, so he’s essentially off the table for BG’s.

Generally, he’s a questing champ, and he’s good at what he does if you’re willing to put the effort into ramping him. I love him, but there’s tons of better options, and there’s no harm in admitting that. I’d really love to see a value update for him, giving him some more base damage or utility or perhaps making his ramp-up easier, but as it stands, he’s just a fun champ you can use every now and again.

If you’re looking for some secret trick or magic synergy that makes him herc-level, I’m sorry to say that doesn’t exist. He’s got some insane node interactions, but other than that, he’s just a fun duck man with some nice damage.