**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Bug Fix to resolve Force-Quit Exploit

2»

Comments

• Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,133 ★★★★
    edited May 16

Great Incursions got shafted again.
    I thought after all this time kabam finally found a way to make the pre fights last even if the game crashes and kicks you out but no, there pre fights fall off again.
    I guess that just solidifies it that kabam can do it but they DELIBERATELY AREN'T, I still don't understand why tf the prefights can't stay if the game just crashes in your face and kicks you out

So you figure their FIX was allowing us to force close the game during a bad fight to come back with 100% health everytime it happened, and go on our merry way until we get the perfect fight?

You're delusional, my dude.
    I wasn't aware that was a part of it too, my bad
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,943 ★★★★★

Great Incursions got shafted again.
    I thought after all this time kabam finally found a way to make the pre fights last even if the game crashes and kicks you out but no, there pre fights fall off again.
    I guess that just solidifies it that kabam can do it but they DELIBERATELY AREN'T, I still don't understand why tf the prefights can't stay if the game just crashes in your face and kicks you out

So you figure their FIX was allowing us to force close the game during a bad fight to come back with 100% health everytime it happened, and go on our merry way until we get the perfect fight?

You're delusional, my dude.
    I wasn't aware that was a part of it too, my bad
    Yes it unfortunately was, that's why they pushed a fix so bad and it was such a big thing in AW.

No harm, no foul my dude. 😁
  • Options
    Mr_heckerMr_hecker Posts: 28
    Typhoon said:

People who blatantly cheated getting away scott-free seems wrong.

well kabam is the reason y i got to know bout this bug, years back the game would crash after every 3rd fight. I realised how i would get my health (doesnt work all the time, sometimes it would ko me) so then i started using in story mode, eq and sq, but idk y i would straight up get ko'ed in aq, aw, incursions, bg.
    so really its not that bad to exploit this bug especially when kabam themselves indirectly show u
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,974 ★★★★★
    If so, I would suggest a blacklist be kept, and announce it (that a blacklist is compiled). The next bug (review those who exploits again against the blacklist) and take appropriate action.
  • Options
    Priyampatwa1Priyampatwa1 Posts: 21
    My alliance win one war then lose next war tactic war need placement if you lose the you lost your tactic we are doing losing wining losing wining what the..
  • Options
    Man2thMan2th Posts: 54
    It’s extremely funny how the alliances myself and other friends caught or suspected, their deaths increased big time after the patch this round.

Season 48 AW Placement Bug resulted in bump up rewards and some other goodies. The bug severely impacted the results.

Season 49 AW Force Close Bug is different in nature but clearly impacts the results. If the Kabam Team were unable to distinguish between a Force Close or Disconnect - just say it. One way to look at this - man this was the perfect time to cheat. In a future thought - what else can’t be determined with current available resources?

It sounds like Kabam Team could figure it out and maybe the reality is the resources it would consume is too much. Its real easy terms to just say it. These are assumptions by some players who support the Kabam announcement and provide optimism to accept it in multiple platforms (Line, YT, MCOC Forum etc)

Is it true Kabam Team? Is this situation just a low priority? It is what it is if these are factual factors - is this not sharable? This would be context most would want to hear.

Players exploited the bug but a decision to not punish “innocent players” is the reason provided to not do anything due to no “reliable data”. The decision still punishes “innocent players” who were playing competitively in an alliance whose opponents chose to use unfair advantage against them.

So as it stands the announcements sum up a few things (this is 1 interpretation of both Kabam announcements - sure there are more)

1. Kabam unable to provide credible/definitive data to deter player’s future behavior as a result of exploiting the bug due to available resources and/or decision makers
    2. Cheaters got away
    3. AW Season 49 results are tainted
    4. Kabam is pondering on what if any sort of “ease frustration” action to take

Well considering Season 48 reward bump up - going to be interesting what actions follow on this unfortunate incident (Foreclose Gate).
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,604 ★★★★★
    Man2th said:

It’s extremely funny how the alliances myself and other friends caught or suspected, their deaths increased big time after the patch this round.

Season 48 AW Placement Bug resulted in bump up rewards and some other goodies. The bug severely impacted the results.

Season 49 AW Force Close Bug is different in nature but clearly impacts the results. If the Kabam Team were unable to distinguish between a Force Close or Disconnect - just say it. One way to look at this - man this was the perfect time to cheat. In a future thought - what else can’t be determined with current available resources?

It sounds like Kabam Team could figure it out and maybe the reality is the resources it would consume is too much. Its real easy terms to just say it. These are assumptions by some players who support the Kabam announcement and provide optimism to accept it in multiple platforms (Line, YT, MCOC Forum etc)

Is it true Kabam Team? Is this situation just a low priority? It is what it is if these are factual factors - is this not sharable? This would be context most would want to hear.

Players exploited the bug but a decision to not punish “innocent players” is the reason provided to not do anything due to no “reliable data”. The decision still punishes “innocent players” who were playing competitively in an alliance whose opponents chose to use unfair advantage against them.

So as it stands the announcements sum up a few things (this is 1 interpretation of both Kabam announcements - sure there are more)

1. Kabam unable to provide credible/definitive data to deter player’s future behavior as a result of exploiting the bug due to available resources and/or decision makers
    2. Cheaters got away
    3. AW Season 49 results are tainted
    4. Kabam is pondering on what if any sort of “ease frustration” action to take

Well considering Season 48 reward bump up - going to be interesting what actions follow on this unfortunate incident (Foreclose Gate).

Well someone didn't read Crashed's reply
  • Options
    Man2thMan2th Posts: 54
    ahmynuts said:

Well someone didn't read Crashed's reply

I read it and would rather hear reliable data detailed out. Stating it could be possible to determine but falling back to they don’t believe it would produce credibility, accuracy, or definitive data still has lacks transparency.

Exactly what is being referred to as unreliable data during the research?

The MCOC Team post acknowledges cheating occurred by “some”. I mean we talking 100 or 10k.

AW BACK 2 BACK seasons have been unreliable to enjoy the effort, time, and resources used. So yeah - I would like some more details.
  • Options
    AnnatarAnnatar Posts: 52
    The new system is stupid and awful.
    just almost flawless beat Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle just to know that was not count as fight and lose a whole team in next tries without lower her even for 50%. Great, perfect potion-unit=cash grab.
    As usual, because of stupid PVP most suffer those who mostly don't care about competition and just play pve.
  • Options
    DarkBottoMDarkBottoM Posts: 1
    Hi! And why can't we take, for example, the information about the "Fight" button and the number of attack bonuses that were lost? And, for example, if it turns out that there were 2-3 or more clicks on the "fight" button, and 0 bonuses were lost, then this already indicates that people have re-logged in and used this bug.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,604 ★★★★★

Hi! And why can't we take, for example, the information about the "Fight" button and the number of attack bonuses that were lost? And, for example, if it turns out that there were 2-3 or more clicks on the "fight" button, and 0 bonuses were lost, then this already indicates that people have re-logged in and used this bug.

Wow you've understood nothing about this entire thing. Did you even read the thread?
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★
    Now when my game crashes and I do the fight again, after the fight is over the opponent is back to full health and I have to redo the fight again. This just happened in EQ. Is this an unintended consequence of the fix @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★
    It's all over the map now lol. I was doing a boss fight vs Negasonic in EQ. Got a phone call at the start of the fight I had to take so I force closed the app and figured I'd take the health loss. When I came back an hour or two later my champ was at full health. Started the fight and immediately lost 50% health. Got her low but died. Instead of my champ being dead, she is now at 50% health.
  • Options
    UyuSsmaNUyuSsmaN Posts: 22
    When the game 1-1 suddenly my connection goes down and I see that I lost game ????? I had 5. spot last season. this season I hope to get top 1000 ??? Why this happening anybody help please?
  • Options
    CerebriumCerebrium Posts: 84
    Cheaters never win. They won’t be able to sleep at night. Venom will come and eat them when they are asleep … so watch out cheaters. Dormamu and Kindred will make sure they won’t cheat in the after life either 😜
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 679 ★★★
    Alliance dropped a rank because of too many of our opponents' exploits 3 Wars in a row. Whatever.
  • Options
    mattavelimattaveli Posts: 58
    Funny how “bugs” that affect you as a company get sorted immediately but things that affect us as players get ignored/pushed way back.
  • Options
    Perfect_jabPerfect_jab Posts: 78
    Just so its clear, their main concern isnt aw an results the bug had on aw. Its how it could be exploited in other areas of the game. I also like how fast they jump into action to fix bugs that affect them. An we still deal with same bugs an issues for months or even years. Enjoying the game less an less anymore.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,974 ★★★★★
    edited June 3
    mattaveli said:

Funny how “bugs” that affect you as a company get sorted immediately but things that affect us as players get ignored/pushed way back.

I don’t think it is bugs affecting Conpany. It is bugs which some Summoners are able to exploit and benefit over those who can’t, won’t or don’t know about that gets fixed pronto.