**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Input drops

Harbinger195Harbinger195 Posts: 135
edited May 21 in General Discussion
So like many of us who have been playing this game for a while. It's no new story that the game has always had questionable consistency with input drops. However, talking with my alliance mates there really seems have have been a massive increase in the issue pretty much since the AI issues initially started (you know the one where kabam openly said they had not touched the AI and that we as a community were tripping and then months later said "so yeah we have been tinkering with the AI for a while now and it has caused a few issues").

Now honestly if it was just the standard I think it would just be one of those things we take on the chin but seriously anyone else feel it's just getting worse and worse with every new event that gets dropped? I have had days where I start to play and after a few fights go, nope today is apparently not the day for this.

Is it just the fact that there is too much content being released and the game cannot handle it or is it literally down to bad programming or is it just a case of it's the same as it's always been just seems worse when looking at a small data pool like a single alliance?

So yeah, what the experience been like for the wider community ?
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Options
    Do you find it's worse in certain modes or find just randomly triggers? For me I find there is no consistency with it, like say I go to play some act 8 and find it just impossible with the drops. I can go I to say area for example and not have a single issue.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,473 ★★★★★

Do you find it's worse in certain modes or find just randomly triggers? For me I find there is no consistency with it, like say I go to play some act 8 and find it just impossible with the drops. I can go I to say area for example and not have a single issue.

I've seen no consistency. It's just random in every mode. Arena, aq, aw, bgs, etc.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 897 ★★★★★
    Battlegrounds yesterday… activated Venom’s striker, screen froze for a second, game came back just before the passive stun ended. I tapped twice as quickly as I could to continue a combo…. Venom just stood there. Then got smashed in the face.

Good times.
  • Options
    That's rough to happen in battlegrounds, I had not thought about the screen freeze but you are dead on that seem to happen about as much as the dropped inputs
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 849 ★★★
    While dodging bullseye sp1, I evaded the first 2 hits but, while trying to evade the 3rd hit, my champ is blocking instead of dexxing. It doesn't seem to register the swipe at all. It does whatever action it wants at times.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,717 ★★★★★
    Not trying to hijack your post or anything, but here's a link to a post I made about this months ago. So many complaints and experiences from players, but @Kabam still choose to remain quiet.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/362069/kabam-whats-the-update-on-the-ai-issues-dropped-inputs-and-other-bug-fixes/p1
  • Options
    MoghazyMoghazy Posts: 51
    I have noticed alot of swiping misses since the last update. Very noticeable when fighting doom. You try to evade his sp2 and the last swipe somehow never registers.
  • Options
    @Terminatrix your good :), I just think it's good to keep posts like this going and live since as you say Kabam just seem to want to ignore the issue. So the more we as a community keep it in their face the less oppertunity they have to save face.
  • Options
    MusikmenMusikmen Posts: 68
    It's been very frustrating so far this month - so many missed dexterity moves plus what I feel to be non-activating specials or strikers. I think I've ended up restarting the most in recent memory.
  • Options
    jj_jj_9jj_jj_9 Posts: 105
    I've been getting lots of these
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,696 ★★★★★
    I will add that it seems to me that the response area on the left side of my screen has shifted ever so slightly—I’m finding blocks that suddenly become light dashes, blocks that don’t block (even though they are just above the striker button). Same side, dexes are happening a tad slow (but enough to not dex).

New phone, sure, but same size as last one and my thumbs (as far as I can tell) haven’t grown.

Is it my imagination? Have I suddenly developed a chronic case of “lazy thumb” or “thumb drop”? Have I suddenly developed a real life case of reversed control?

I doubt it—just like I doubt the team is able to fix this or a dozen other similar issues. But it helps a little to come on here and see it’s not just me.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    @DrZola I get you bud, I feel the same way when out of the blue I get days where I suddenly miss the special button. Made all the worse with the drops so even when I land it it does not activate and I get to the point of thinking...is my game just straight trolling me now?
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,521 ★★★★★
    Between the rampant cheaters and ever increasing bugs and non functioning controls, there’s not much to like right now.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,621 ★★★★
    As a note - it will SEEM like it happens much more in more competitive gameplay because it makes so much more of a difference there. If it happens in Arena is barely has an effect, but if it happens in AW (or even worse, Battlegrounds) then it means so much more and so is more noticeable.
  • Options
    BloodyRoseBloodyRose Posts: 81
    This is getting insane.

Lately when triggering Sp3 on different champs the game isn't registering when I tap and I am frequently getting "Too late!" and not getting the SP3 10-20% bonus. This one is new for me.

Also, I can be across the battlefield and while I am holding a tap on the left for a block it isn't registering and I get creamed. This happens several times a day.

Then, there's the randomly dashing across the screen into a medium attack while holding block Today, I forget which champ I was using, but I was fighting Thing and holding a block. Then, all of a sudden my champ goes flying across the screen as if I just swiped a medium attack. I've seen some people on the forum saying this is normal when fighting Magneto or Onslaught, but it's happening randomly at least once a day.
  • Options
    Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 274 ★★★
    edited May 20
    One of the issues I’m facing in all modes is when the fight starts and I go to parry. Same way I always have since the game started. But now it doesn’t register and I take a combo to the face. It’s not every time. But it’s often enough to know something isn’t right.
  • Options
    DocWestDocWest Posts: 70
    The opening parry has been SO bad lately. There are so many times across many different modes where the opening parry at the start of the fight fails and I eat a 5 hit combo. Super frustrating.

I’ve also had issues with the stricker button not working lately. I’ll be mashing it while it’s glowing and nothing happens.
  • Options
    BloodyRoseBloodyRose Posts: 81
    DocWest said:

The opening parry has been SO bad lately. There are so many times across many different modes where the opening parry at the start of the fight fails and I eat a 5 hit combo. Super frustrating.

I’ve also had issues with the stricker button not working lately. I’ll be mashing it while it’s glowing and nothing happens.

Smashing the striker OR the SP button doesn't work a lot! You'll see it light up with each tap but nothing happens
  • Options
    IlociaM97IlociaM97 Posts: 163
    My game said that my phone doesn't support higher framrate do I can't complain I guess, at least I still can play
  • Options
    It so horrendously bad, swiping back, my player decides to dash forward, what kind of BS is this?
    I hope I'm around to see the servers shut down.
  • Options

This is getting insane.

Lately when triggering Sp3 on different champs the game isn't registering when I tap and I am frequently getting "Too late!" and not getting the SP3 10-20% bonus. This one is new for me.

Also, I can be across the battlefield and while I am holding a tap on the left for a block it isn't registering and I get creamed. This happens several times a day.

Then, there's the randomly dashing across the screen into a medium attack while holding block Today, I forget which champ I was using, but I was fighting Thing and holding a block. Then, all of a sudden my champ goes flying across the screen as if I just swiped a medium attack. I've seen some people on the forum saying this is normal when fighting Magneto or Onslaught, but it's happening randomly at least once a day.

Is it in Onslaught's kit to be dashing forward when trying to dash back? Probably didn't read carefully to notice reverse control.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,696 ★★★★★

As a note - it will SEEM like it happens much more in more competitive gameplay because it makes so much more of a difference there. If it happens in Arena is barely has an effect, but if it happens in AW (or even worse, Battlegrounds) then it means so much more and so is more noticeable.

100% this.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,144 ★★★★★

Absolutely this! Which is why I pushed for some sort of balance when it came to tokens won/loss. You can't guarantee an even playing field so there needs to be a good balance when it comes to the results of a loss because a lot of them are out of the user's hands. Dropped inputs, having your team picked for you sometimes .. the list goes on.

Calling it a "competitive" mode isn't accurate. It's not competitive more than it is luck of the draw.
  • Options

@Terminatrix your good :), I just think it's good to keep posts like this going and live since as you say Kabam just seem to want to ignore the issue. So the more we as a community keep it in their face the less oppertunity they have to save face.

Absolutely! 👊🏽
  • Options
    edited May 20
    DocWest said:

This happened to me earlier today in Act 8, and many times before. I knew I had parried, but the AI hit right through it as if they were unblockable. It wasn't in the AI's kit, and there was no disorient, block penetration, or any other node buffs that would allow that. NOTHING.

Same happened with the striker button and specials too. Mash it, nothing happens. And best believe that's when the AI will immediately counter and throw it's special.
  • Options

I failed 5 parries in a row in AW today. I’m a mysterium level player that has played for the last 9 years. The input issues are atrocious.

Now if THIS doesn't speak volumes, then I don't know what will. And Kabam is just going to keep on blatantly ignoring us.
This discussion has been closed.