**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Name some powerfull champs ,that Mcoc don't treat them as they deserve...

2»

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,958 Guardian

For example...Phoenix should have same treatment as Hercules with instead of Green/Yellow Aura, a phoenix aura and her power increased.

Of course we won't have equality for all champs...

. If literally every champ was buffed to be as strong as Hercules, all the champs would be boringly average. Because all of the content in the game would be designed to be challenging for attack teams where every single champ was at least as strong as Hercules.

When everyone is super, no one is.
    No, @DNA3000 , look my quote above.

My example was only for Phoenix.
    It will be horrible everyone a Hercules copy haha

And Phoenix, of course with another abbilities, sinergy, etc...

And my quote below "Of course we won't have equality for all champs..."

So, other champs may need a "fine tunning adjust" to improve their numbers.

😊👍

This shouldn't have to be said, but I guess it has to be in this case. Sure, they can just buff Phoenix and call it a day. But why would they, just because it is something you want. Most of the champs have some supporter somewhere that can come up with some justification to make them better. If they only listen to you and no one else, there wouldn't be global issues with wide spread overbuffing, but they can also choose to ignore you and the same thing would be true. Why listen to you, and not me, and not everyone else? What makes your preferences for Phoenix outweigh someone else's preferences for Dr. Strange, or Dormammu, or Sentry, or Iceman, or Hulk, or Squirrel Girl, or Super Skrull, or Thanos, or Void, or Nimrod, or Scarlet Witch, or Magik, or Vision, or Quicksilver, or Odin, or Professor X, or Superior Iron Man, or Mephisto, or Maestro, or Thor, or...

There would be no problems for me, if they listened to only me. But the vast majority of other players would probably find that to be a suboptimal approach to running the game.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 456 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Thanks everyone for such a nice discussion😊

If champs should be as powerful as the MCU, Fox or Sony, Cap (all) would rated as it is. Cap got nothing against Thor, Hulk Ragnarok, Scarlett Witch, CCM, Odin. If it's about comic books scaling, Dormammu, sentry and Mephisto should be near the top. Thanos and Phoenix would be unbeatable. Thor, depending on which version would be very powerful.

Yeah, agree.

But I mean in terms of McoC game.

For example...Phoenix should have same treatment as Hercules with instead of Green/Yellow Aura, a phoenix aura and her power increased.

But why not give some more power to this known champs and make them less subtle to be defeated and with higher chances to win.

Everyone will upgrade these ones and dont let them on a dust closed cabinet...
    👍
    Because that's not how champion design works. The devs don't decide that certain champs will be awesome and others with be useless, and they are just deciding wrongly or randomly. They design every champ to have certain uses in certain situations, and sometimes the design ends up being more powerful or useful than originally targeted, and sometimes less so. They do not generally say, well, this Marvel character deserves special treatment so we should pay special attention to how strong they are. In a fighting game where the goal is for similar levels of utility, that's just not a thing that ever happens to any significant degree, at least not in the way being discussed here.

This is also ultimately a fools errand, because there is no such thing as buffing everyone. Champions are only strong or weak based on the content they have to fight. And content is designed to target the average power of the average champion on attack. If literally every champ was buffed to be as strong as Hercules, all the champs would be boringly average. Because all of the content in the game would be designed to be challenging for attack teams where every single champ was at least as strong as Hercules.

Issue solves itself if everyone just adopted the terminology of “MCOC counterpart”. Seems everyone is fine with the Comic/MCU divide. This is no different
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,543 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

There would be no problems for me, if they listened to only me. But the vast majority of other players would probably find that to be a suboptimal approach to running the game.

Ok, to end this "already" complicated talk, it was never "me". Just an example of, "maybe", a Phoenix buff. How some of us look she could be.
    For some coincidence, she appears right before Serpent on month quest...sad to say .. easy 👍
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,958 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Thanks everyone for such a nice discussion😊

If champs should be as powerful as the MCU, Fox or Sony, Cap (all) would rated as it is. Cap got nothing against Thor, Hulk Ragnarok, Scarlett Witch, CCM, Odin. If it's about comic books scaling, Dormammu, sentry and Mephisto should be near the top. Thanos and Phoenix would be unbeatable. Thor, depending on which version would be very powerful.

Yeah, agree.

But I mean in terms of McoC game.

But why not give some more power to this known champs and make them less subtle to be defeated and with higher chances to win.

Everyone will upgrade these ones and dont let them on a dust closed cabinet...
    👍
    Because that's not how champion design works. The devs don't decide that certain champs will be awesome and others with be useless, and they are just deciding wrongly or randomly. They design every champ to have certain uses in certain situations, and sometimes the design ends up being more powerful or useful than originally targeted, and sometimes less so. They do not generally say, well, this Marvel character deserves special treatment so we should pay special attention to how strong they are. In a fighting game where the goal is for similar levels of utility, that's just not a thing that ever happens to any significant degree, at least not in the way being discussed here.

This is also ultimately a fools errand, because there is no such thing as buffing everyone. Champions are only strong or weak based on the content they have to fight. And content is designed to target the average power of the average champion on attack. If literally every champ was buffed to be as strong as Hercules, all the champs would be boringly average. Because all of the content in the game would be designed to be challenging for attack teams where every single champ was at least as strong as Hercules.

Issue solves itself if everyone just adopted the terminology of “MCOC counterpart”. Seems everyone is fine with the Comic/MCU divide. This is no different
    Congratulations, you win the irony detection prize for the week.

It is like a No-Prize, but with 99% less Stan Lee.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

To add to this...the best example ever is the buffed OG Iron Man with new great visuals and animations.

So , it's pretty "doable" to any other champ that needs a buff
    😊👍
  • Options
    Musha27Musha27 Posts: 120
    Nova
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    edited March 15
    In response to a previous comment, Franklin Richards would be too powerful to ever add to this game, if he was at a power level anything like the comics. One of his abilities is that he can create pocket universes. As people have said, sentry is one of the most powerful Marvel heroes, but power wise, he is a speck of dust compared with Franklin Richards. MCOC clearly couldn't base champions power levels based on their comic book counterparts, else you would never play 99% of the champs in the game.
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

In response to a previous comment, Franklin Richards would be too powerful to ever add to this game, if he was at a power level anything like the comics. One of his abilities is that he can create pocket universes. As people have said, sentry is one of the most powerful Marvel heroes, but power wise, he is a speck of dust compared with Franklin Richards. MCOC clearly couldn't base champions power levels based on their comic book counterparts, else you would never play 99% of the champs in the game.

Galan/Galactus for example too👍
  • Options
    VinbluebearVinbluebear Posts: 16
    pretty much all the mutants would need to be more powerful
    Cyclops and Phoenix are amazing and this game made them useless and bad
  • Options
    Joey_Joe_joe_27Joey_Joe_joe_27 Posts: 109 ★★
    edited May 20
    I’m a simple person, I see a red cyclops profile pic and I know the thread will be … can I say pointless without being rude? 😂

How many times a month do we get this threads variation
  • Options
    DamageFactionDamageFaction Posts: 91
    Angela is a very underrated champ. Admittedly she isn’t a great stand alone champ but with the Thor relic and Gamora, Aegon, Odin and Herc for synergy she’s an absolute brute!! She can easily solo lanes in the act 9 beta test, ruined X 23 in Labyrinth of Legends and is for me one of the most underrated champs in the game.

Dani Moonstar is defo worth a mention too, only at 6* r3 she’s KO’ing ROL WS faster than most of my r5’s and is definitely going to r5 when the traders outpost resets.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,667 ★★★★
    Dr Strange, Thor, Odin, Dormammu, Sentry, Thanos
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,718 ★★★★★
    Rogue. She should be stealing ALL BUFFS AND IMMUNITIES, and should be hitting HARD. This is not too much to ask.
  • Options

Rogue. She should be stealing ALL BUFFS AND IMMUNITIES, and should be hitting HARD. This is not too much to ask.

This 👆
  • Options
    edited May 21

This 👆
    And if they make those persistent, she would be the ULTIMATE GOD TIER mutant--champion period--and a game changer for questing! She is one of the most powerful mutants, but that is not shown in this game.
  • Options

This 👆
    And if they make those persistent, she would be the ULTIMATE GOD TIER mutant--champion period--and a game changer for questing! She is one of the most powerful mutants, but that is not shown in this game.
    She has more prestige in Mcoc back then
  • Options
    Twist1298Twist1298 Posts: 80
    All these suggestions are awesome and you could literally beat the game with anyone and it would be just use your favorite, but unfortunately it doesn't work with Kabam's business model.
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 689 ★★★
    ****Dr Strange is way under powered. He is by far ONE of the most powerful characters( not the most powerful).
    ****Phoenix
    Black bolt
    Rogue
    Spider-Man classic
    Odin(he’s a God)
    ***Thor(He’s a God)
    Deadpool
    Scarlet witch classic( she should be one of the most powerful females in the game)
    ***Thanos is one of the most powerful especially with the gauntlet and stones. He should have been a beast.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,415 ★★★★★
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,364 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

If you're going to use pocket universe as why Franklin can't come to the game... Silver Surfer has that ability in the comics as well- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Surfer

• Options
    Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Posts: 263
    Ruwqiersa said:

Knull/Odin shoulda been the strongest cosmics
    Sentry shoulda been the strongest science

Strongest science should be void
  • Options
    Mrt9810Mrt9810 Posts: 55
    I think they should buff invisible women and elektra but not their power levels but just the skins. So IW looks like the Jessica Alba version (the bridge scene if you know what I mean) and elektra to the 2003 Jennifer Garner version with the black outfit
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,667 ★★★★

Milan1405 said:

If you're going to use pocket universe as why Franklin can't come to the game... Silver Surfer has that ability in the comics as well- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Surfer

Franklin might be possible. Onslaught is insanely powerful in the comics and in MCOC as well, so can Franklin
  • Options
    Musha27 said:

Nova

No one mention it but he is also one of the champ that ard very weak in

Galan. Should be way more OP than Scorpion or NF.

He should even be more powerful than hercules
  • Options
    The champion which should be best science and no one told about him is void. He is a dark form of sentry which is even more powerful than sentry itself. The champions that they miss excluding void are captain marvel classic, moonknight, rhino, BPCW the champion, carnage, mangog, M.O.D.O.K, thor ragnarok, vision (both skin) and superior iron man. Some of them are extremely powerful then there gaming counterparts where some are still very powerful in comics but the game weaks them
  • Options
    edited May 24

To add to this, I understand a lot of buffs didn't exist when she was designed, so it wasn't possible for her to steal those from newer champs. But maybe that can change now. She needs a buff. Lol pun intended.