**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Should Sentinel get a buff or stay the same?

HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,154 ★★★

Should Sentinel get a buff or stay the same? 126 votes

Buff him
83%
SnakeEyes69DrZolaMidnightfox7abo2aTendersquadzuffySIlverProfessoryossMasterduxdarj_Kill_Switch_Michael0527Repto23rcm2017Logan00UnobtainiumClawsNewman0067MoosetiptronicGrootman1294Rayven5220 105 votes
Stay the same
16%
PantherusNZSpity68TerraHendrossSw0rdMasterSCP1504Berserker22Thoye3Ben_15455Z2f6hQDawsManReal_Madrid_76_2spidyjedi84The_0wenpusRealWizardQwerasdMrFullStopSamanunQueenMcocBringPopcorn 21 votes

Comments

• Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,403 ★★★★★
    Stay the same
    Unpopular opinion but sentinel is a great champ. Big shock and incinerate damage. Lots of Armor breaks and heal block, and crazy healing on sp3
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,178 ★★★★★
    Buff him
    Well next saga must prolly have tech and science as attacking class, and mutant/mystic as defenders. So it is great to make sentinel a saga champ and buff him lik NC
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 874 ★★★★
    edited May 21
    Buff him
    A minor buff would be really cool for sentinel. Maybe give him an armor up buff and add some ways to beef up his incinerates
  • Options
    CotziCotzi Posts: 126
    Buff him
    HSS75 said:

Not a complete overhaul obviously but maybe give better advantages against your opponent when analysis is complete:

(30% chance to steal prowess buffs from the enemy when analysis is complete, this chance is increased to 50% if fighting a mutant opponent.

30% ability accuracy reduction to enemies when analysis is complete, this reduction is increased to 50% if fighting mutant opponents.

40% chance to shrug off non-damaging debuffs, this chance is increased to 55% if fighting mutant opponents.

-100% evade ability accuracy against opponents when analysis is complete

Sentinel's attacks cannot miss when analysis is complete.)

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,667 ★★★★
    Buff him
    He still needs a way to remove prowess, being a Sentinel
  • Options
    Buff him
    @Fantomaxop has a rank 5 Sentinel
  • Options
    ZanyDruid0702ZanyDruid0702 Posts: 22
    Buff him
    I recently literally about 2 days ago took my sentinel from R1 to R4 and have the materials to R5 him now and intend to in the coming days.

I’ve always liked his play style when I first started playing and wanted some nostalgia but I do think he needs an tune up as stated above not an overhaul just a tuneup

• Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,521 ★★★★★
    Buff him
    He really needs it.
  • Options
    edited May 21
    Buff him

Thank you for summoning me @Edisonlaw

As owner of R5 Ascended Sentinel myself and hopeless lover of tall mutant-hunting fella i must say... he deserves a buff
    This in general would not hurt anyone. Tech class is undeniably in crisis right now, and robots are in more demand with Mister Sinister rework.

How i would change Sentinel? Well first of all, i think he deserves to be relevant defender
    By all means his base kit and animations already create strong foundation for defensive threat. What i think he needs, to truly push him into the meta is: safety against burst dmg and bigger consequences for letting analysis being complete.
    Right now he works like ramp up defender - becomes increasingly more difficult to deal with as fight goes on, which is really not great for nuke-oriented battegrounds. At minimum he should have some sort of protection against strong special attacks that are powered by prowess. No mutant, except for Magneto, should be able to just casually oneshot #XL mutant hunter.
    In terms of making analysis more meaningful, i think it would be cool if it would work like Mister Fantastic's careful study passives and Wong's "Sacrifice for your Sanctum" cross-fight. We analyze our opponent, and after analysis completes he receives cross-fight. Sentinel and any tech champion entering the fight would start with 100 analysis and get some benefits from that, Sentinel himself would get all of his bonuses. Change like that would make him interesting support champion option and increase his usefulness on defense in AW, where officers could play around idea of forcing attackers to play under analysis complete against multiple tech defenders in a row.

I think it would be awesome if Sentinel could convert Incinirate and Shock debuffs into Plasmas like Silver Centurion.
    Make Plasmas potent, and this will immediately create cool dmg rotation: Sentinel tries to get 100 analysis, throws sp2, and then tries to do as many heavy attacks to convert incinirates into plasmas. Of course if i would let him get plasmas in such way, i would rebalance dps/duration of incinirates, to make process easier.

HealBlock on sp1 after 100 analysis should be passive. For tech champions heal blocking is literally one of primary utilities that defies the class, and yet someone like Sentinel will struggle to keep it up against tenacity or masochism.

It would be cool if armor breaks on sp1 would become strong alternative source of dmg for matchups, where stacking plasmas/incinirates/shocks is not an option, like for example against heavy energy resistance. Something like "if opponent has prowess effect, armor breaks become 100% more potent".

I think it would be funny if Sentinel would get guaranteed critical hit charges each time opponent is immune to one of his personal effects. Something like: Sp2 on incinirate immune = 5 guaranteed critical hit charges

Overall, i would not want him to become stronger than Nimrod, because i think he must remain supreme mutant hunter. But giving him some love and making him useful in daily content, possible defense in bgs/aw and good rank up for new accounts would be awesome in my opinion.

Also I think he should be able to bypass evade and also become immune to coldsnap and incinerate scaling with analysis. Also make his armor a buff and not a passive so he can counter Havok
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,793 ★★★★
    Buff him
    He doesn't need a major overhaul like Iron Man or Storm, but a small buff to his abilities or overall damage would be pretty welcome. Right now, he's not much of an attacker or a defender
  • Options
    Buff him

He doesn't need a major overhaul like Iron Man or Storm, but a small buff to his abilities or overall damage would be pretty welcome. Right now, he's not much of an attacker or a defender

He can be a decent defender with his tankiness and crit resistance
  • Options
    Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Posts: 218

A minor buff would be really cool for sentinel. Maybe give him an armor up buff and add some ways to beef up his incinerates

seriously, awesome suggestion. an Armor (active, not sp3), is fairly standard Robot kit, and would play amazingly well with some of the nodes/ buffs floating around. maybe not destined to be a BG baddy, but something that simple would boost his EQ/ AQ stick. possibly war?
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,793 ★★★★
    Buff him
    EdisonLaw said:

He's a decent defender until any Cosmic champ shows up
  • Options
    Buff him

EdisonLaw said:

He's a decent defender until any Cosmic champ shows up
    You could say that with any champ and their hard counter