**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Next month champs

2»

Comments

• Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,218 ★★★★

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,855 ★★★★★
    edited May 24
    So no new dinosaurs for June, huh ...
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,973 ★★★★★
    Arcade was introduced as being the world's deadliest assassin and then proceeded to get his arse beat like a Cherokee drum by Spider-Man and Captain Britain (Brian) and has never actually proven to be that great an assassin.
  • Options
    TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Posts: 153

'bout damn time we got more Alpha Flight members in here.

Still waiting for Puck. And Box.
    I’ve been hoping for Puck to come out for a long time too. Good that they’re adding another Alpha Flight character but hope they will add more. Shaman would be great also.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,124 ★★★★
    Northstar is freaking awesome and I'm excited to see how Kabam decide to implement his super speed and differentiate it from Quicksilver. One thing that instantly separates the two is that Northstar can fly. Here's his full list of abilities:

Superhuman speed, durability, and reflexes
    Accelerated metabolism
    G-Force compensation
    Gestalt photokinesis
    Photokinesis
    Flight
    Expert skier

Besides Sasquatch and Guardian, he'll likely have a synergy with Wolverine, Iceman, Xavier, possibly Apocalypse. Quicksilver seems likely due to their shared powers. Hercules because of their "relationship."

Arcade is a fun one and more of a big "Question Mark" in how they're going to implement him for offensive fighting.He'll use robotics and 'death traps' and other things to make his own personal Murder World. Synergies with X-Men and Spider-Man as their common villain. X-23 for what he did in Avengers Arena.

Besides Northstar's 'coming out' storyline, some of his best books have been Mike Carey's X-Men (starring Rogue) and Leah Williams' X-Factor during the Krakoa era.

Arcade's best storyline is hands down Avengers Arena, which is a Hunger Games/Lord of the Flies/Battle Royale type book where he captures 12(sic?) teenage superheros and forces them to kill each other on an island.

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,668 ★★★★★

I expect Arcade to be somewhat like Penny using a bot as vehicle and weapon just the comics and Ultimate Alliance.

Penny Arcade?
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 544 ★★★
    A champion like me, it's always a pleasure
  • Options
    IlociaM97IlociaM97 Posts: 163
    Really scraping the bottom of the barrel 💀
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,451 ★★★★★
    IlociaM97 said:

Why?
  • Options
    Superstar_1126Superstar_1126 Posts: 418 ★★
    Where was this revealed?
  • Options
    Clobberin_TimeClobberin_Time Posts: 89
    I'm a huge fan of Arcade coming into the game - I had a small writeup about him when stage hazards were being teased (June 2020!), if we're entertaining speculations about what their kits could look like.

Go read Avengers Arena if you haven't already!

Arcade

"Decency's dull... besides, miss, your way, they're dead and that's that. My way, they've got a chance. Not much of one, but a chance." - Arcade.

A child of wealth, Arcade was born into luxury. At the age of 21, his father cut his allowance, declaring him too spoiled for his own good. In retaliation, Arcade kills his father and inherits his family’s massive wealth. With all this cash, Arcade decides to put it to the most practical use he knows how- building “Murderworld”, a series of deadly traps that puts superheroes and supervillains to the ultimate test- Survive. Of course, as the name suggests, these are all draped in a cartoonish theme, with many being derived from pop culture. So far, we’ve seen his own takes on The Wizard Of Oz, Dungeons and Dragons, Wheel Of Fortune, and the Hunger Games. He possesses no powers himself, but does have a genius level intellect, allowing him to assemble these traps on the fly and construct a wide variety of robotic helpers and doubles. I view him as a combo of Iron Man and Deadpool, but with a fraction of the charm.

With this in mind, I would not see him as any other class besides Tech.

A month ago, I would have seen no practical way for Arcade to even be considered for Champions, it would have to be a Howard The Duck situation where they stuck him in a bulky mech and left him to pummel the opponent with his own two robotic fists.

HOWEVER

With the most recent tech and ideas showcased in the MCOC roadmap, I have a far better grasp of where Arcade could go. He would have 2 completely different play styles depending on whether he’s defending a node or not (Preptime ;) ). Defending, it would be a defusal situation. With Stage Hazards being teased as future tech, I could see a robotic double (similar to Nick Fury) entering the fight, while the real Arcade set out planting bombs/hazards on stage. In order to defuse them, you would have to enter that stage quadrant and complete a mission, similar to Mojo’s prompts. Arcade always leaves an out for whoever stumbles into his traps and would be keen to the major classes within the game. I could see Cosmic Champions being harder for Arcade to “figure out” and increasing the amount of time it takes him to plant hazards/traps for.

On offense, he has none of that prep time. The one thing he does have is a Pre-Fight. And with the large number of robotic assistants he has, allowing you to select one from his wide array. I could see these functioning as Strikers, with Arcade’s Medium attacks employing some sort of gadget and his light attacks employing the Striker selected from his prefight. He would be incredibly debuff reliant on both offense and defense, with his base kit pulling an extreme amount of work, giving him access to Concussion, Shock, Healblock, Slow, Armor Break and Bleed. His specials allow him to cash in on the debuffs, similar to Red Guardian and Nebula, and powerdraining the opponent based on the # of debuffs present.

Synergies write themselves, “On Alert” with Spider-Man, “Trigger Scent” with Wolverine and X-23, “An Unexpected Inconvenience” with Gwenpool/Deadpool, “Aren’t you supposed to be dead?” with Spider-Gwen. A lot of X-Men synergies, and while Hazmat isn't here yet, it would be cool to see something.

Again, I wrote this 4 years ago, so who knows how close this kit could even be, just food for thought. Would love to see if I got anywhere close, from four years ago. Now to wait on White Rabbit...
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Arcade for sure, will be the most awaited to see how he will be fighting.

The whole fight inside a tech thing, or....

...With a gadget to attack and a gun for Sp.2 and only on Sp.3 he enters a Tech thing.
  • Options
    ReedRichards423ReedRichards423 Posts: 85
    Northstar even though controversial to some people for obvious reasons is such an amazing character. Everything about him is just peak. Hopefully he is gonna be a banger cause I'm gonna hunt this man down for my roster
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,105 ★★★★★
    IlociaM97 said:

.... Tell me you DON'T know comic characters without telling me you don't know comic characters.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,938 ★★★★

3 champs confirmed for june?
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

They didn't say it's for June. But I guess it's probably another Morbius kinda event
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,105 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

No, I think it's just throwing out a tease for later. Right now the consensus is another summer camp event where we'll get Beta Ray Bill sometime by fall.