Valkyrie needs a buff

RapRap Member Posts: 3,205 ★★★★
This character was specifically designed to address the stupidly passive AI back when the AI had champs just standing and blocking endlessly.
Well, skip forward in time and the AI has become far more aggressive, (practically stupid aggressive) and in my opinion it is time to fix a majorly overrated champ!

Comments

• OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,506 ★★★★
    Doesn't she makes the opponent more passive? What's your point
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,092 ★★★★★
    @MarvelNoob what is incredibly fast? I never use her because I thought she would be too slow having to build up combos? Rotation please, and thank you.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,010 ★★★★★

@MarvelNoob what is incredibly fast? I never use her because I thought she would be too slow having to build up combos? Rotation please, and thank you.

Yeah, admittedly I dropped mine out of my BG roster because I just didn't see her being of sufficient value. When facing an unstoppable of course she's amazing but that just doesn't seem to be of much value in the current meta.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★

More like captain America world war 2 needs a buff 🤣

Both he and OG needs it
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

This character was specifically designed to address the stupidly passive AI back when the AI had champs just standing and blocking endlessly.
    Well, skip forward in time and the AI has become far more aggressive, (practically stupid aggressive) and in my opinion it is time to fix a majorly overrated champ!

She has intimidate on her heavy, solves your problems
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 1,997 ★★★★★
    Don’t know about needing a buff but she’s definitely the victim of a shadow nerf with these situational awareness AI changes.
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★

Probably about 40 seconds or so, I haven't used her in a couple metas due to the nodes but my rotation is basically dancing around 11 combo, which builds up all buffs by the time you reach sp2. Fire at near 3 bars of power and do a combo + sp1 into block to finish all fights
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,667 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

The AI being programmed to annoy the hell out of us doesn't mean Valkyrie needs a buff.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,667 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Don’t know about needing a buff but she’s definitely the victim of a shadow nerf with these situational awareness AI changes.

Brilliantly stated 👊🏽
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Member Posts: 379 ★★★

Rap said:

Has there ever been a moment on these forums where you were actually right about something? What are you smoking that leads you to believe she was designed to address "passive AI"?
    She punishes the defender when they are too passive. So in a way it was a counter for that.
    But now its no longer reliable because the AI is just unpredictable. Throwing specials when holding our block and never stopping to charge instead of dashing back based on attacker dash.
    EdisonLaw said:

Rap said:

Do you even play the champ ? All her pierce buffs fall off after doing the heavy for the intimidate.
    Instead of addressing side effects of the current AI issues, we should be looking into making fixes to the AI itself. Which I believe Kabam is in the process of but I see nothing has changed so far.
    Rather than there being something called a passive and an aggressive AI...there was atleast a predictable behavior that players can use to fight better..which is no longer the case now.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 909 ★★★

She's one of my favorite and most used champions. Incredibly fast bg finisher with stun immunity and unstoppable counter, yet she needs a buff?

Sure the ai is annoying sometimes but there are plenty of ways to work around it with her.

First the ai is too passive, then too aggressive, what do y'all want?

don't get me wrong. She is really good in BGs, can do a lot of problematic fights, but to be honest, I rarely saw any valkyrie nowadays. The only time recently where i saw her popular is encroaching stun meta. It is like 1 in 30 times where there was a valkyrie inside someone's deck
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 909 ★★★
    edited May 27

EdisonLaw said:

Rap said:

Do you even play the champ ? All her pierce buffs fall off after doing the heavy for the intimidate.
    after the heavy, if u throw sp2 when the intimidating is on, followed by a combo into block, the fight is basically over. You actually are the one that didn't touch the champ
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 416 ★★★

If all goes well, you get every opponent down under a minute with 100% health. Different people have different strats. I usually alternate combos to get 3 Pierce and bulwark by the time I get to an sp2
  • SagaChampionSagaChampion Member Posts: 1,260 ★★★
    No
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★
    Jack2634 said:

She's one of my favorite and most used champions. Incredibly fast bg finisher with stun immunity and unstoppable counter, yet she needs a buff?

Sure the ai is annoying sometimes but there are plenty of ways to work around it with her.

First the ai is too passive, then too aggressive, what do y'all want?

don't get me wrong. She is really good in BGs, can do a lot of problematic fights, but to be honest, I rarely saw any valkyrie nowadays. The only time recently where i saw her popular is encroaching stun meta. It is like 1 in 30 times where there was a valkyrie inside someone's deck
    You aren’t seeing her in decks because we haven’t had a meta geared towards her in a while. Right now, mutant attackers are favored. Previously, mystics were. She’ll have her time in the sun again.

As for the AI being passive or aggressive, this is, I hate to say it, a skill issue. You can manipulate the AI with tactical play. And not every hit from Valk needs to be into the opponent’s block. In fact, optimal efficiency for her actually wants you hitting the opponent in the face a bit. The only time you need to exclusively hit into the opponent’s block is when you’re working around a hazard shift style effect that triggers upon hitting the opponent.
  • ShivacruxShivacrux Member Posts: 424 ★★★
    Rap said:

Well Valkyrie has 2 buffs, 3 if Dex his included,she doesn't need another buff
  • Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Member Posts: 379

Build 3 pierce, use sp2. Try to build 3 bukwark if you get 3 pierce before sp2. Never use her heavy, other things you know by playing with her
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,682 ★★★★★
    I must be living in my own little world. AI is still just stand, block, dash back, block, repeat and wait 2-3 mins per special. I wish I had aggressive AI.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,010 ★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Rap said:

Then don't do it. Unless you're gonna 100% finish them off after doing the heavy it's far better to just keep using the sp2
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★

Build 3 pierce, use sp2. Try to build 3 bukwark if you get 3 pierce before sp2. Never use her heavy, other things you know by playing with her
    It's actually faster to start your mllll combo when you're at 6 combo meter, then just do 5 hit combos with alternating combo enders to get all 6 buffs before the first sp2
  • shield311shield311 Member Posts: 409 ★★
    edited May 28
    oh hell nah you said that, she's amazing
    great photon counter and works so well in bgs finishing most fights with yellow bar since you don't need an opening (except for gaining power faster)
    epic utility with the sig and can give insane damage when timed heavy sp2 on block well

p.s. the best thing counter too lol (imo)
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 489 ★★★
    Used my r4 valk in 9.1 beta. She still holds up well. I can name so many other skill champs that need a buff
  • Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 703 ★★★★
    Buff Valk?

Exsqueeze me?