**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Transphobe/Racist Plaguing my global. Please ban

Comments

• Options
    champ9090champ9090 Posts: 51
    Just ignore it dude
  • Options
    Equalizer24KEqualizer24K Posts: 14

Why post it here? You're just giving them more spotlight. Send them to support/report them in-game.

I reported in game many times and so have others but he's still there, that's why I'm here now. I hoped maybe a mod here would see it and just go take care of him
  • Options
    Equalizer24KEqualizer24K Posts: 14

It's better you ban global chat on your Mcoc Settings 👍

I would but I have ppl I like to chat with but don't want to add, it's not horrible but sometimes ppl like him and this other guy that says "herc be gay bruh" ruin the fun
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,478 ★★★★★

Why post it here? You're just giving them more spotlight. Send them to support/report them in-game.

I reported in game many times and so have others but he's still there, that's why I'm here now. I hoped maybe a mod here would see it and just go take care of him
    Do you think it's an instant ban or something?
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,430 ★★★★
    Turn off global chat it's garbage 🗑
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,817 ★★★★
    Average normal person in an IG comment section 💀
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 275 ★★★
    Yep... that's global alright.

Unfortunately, dumb kids trying to be edgy is a common theme in most service-game live chats.
    The best you can do is report/block the offending accounts and hope for the best.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 956 ★★★
    Have to agree with @Demonzfyre
    Don’t post it here. Report and move on.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,225 ★★★★★
    The more you poke it the more it'll grow, if no one on global game him attention by replying, "oh no, it's this guy again" then maybe he will get bored?
  • Options
    DONZALOOG1234DONZALOOG1234 Posts: 174
    Prepare to see more on all mediums (forums, in-game, socials) from next week. Trash people everywhere.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 678 ★★★★
    every scrolling internet chat where randos have the ability to post instantly turns into this toxic mess. why do you pay attention to it? just block it.
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 425 ★★★
    If kabam themselves doesn't care enough about these, why would anyone else? Posting here is pointless. Turn off global chat and play the game
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,478 ★★★★★
    007Bishop said:

If kabam themselves doesn't care enough about these, why would anyone else? Posting here is pointless. Turn off global chat and play the game

I would say the complete opposite. In every medium they control, it's delt with fairly swiftly.
  • Options
    edited May 31
    I agree that this kind of bigotry has no place in the game or community, but the forums are absolutely not the place to report this behavior. Calling out other players is not allowed here.

There's 4 things you can do:
    - Report in-game
    - Block them
    - Disable global chat
    - Send screenshots of their messages to Kabam Support

I highly recommend doing all of these, but especially the 4th one. You're able to send in reports of inappropriate chat through support and they will investigate and mute the account from chatting or straight up ban them, if it's bad enough.

Edit: also, I believe the chat mutes work the same way bans can/do - in that they escalate over time, until it's permanent, so it may take multiple reports until they're gone for good. But when they're chat muted, that's it. It can't be undone.

Good luck!
  • Options
    xioNxioN Posts: 15
    I hate when my global chat gets enabled automatically. I login, and I am instantly angered that I had to even see just a few messages thrown around. I wish it would stay disabled and be done, but noo every so often just turns itself back on.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 639 ★★★
    xioN said:

I hate when my global chat gets enabled automatically. I login, and I am instantly angered that I had to even see just a few messages thrown around. I wish it would stay disabled and be done, but noo every so often just turns itself back on.

I feel the same way about YouTube comments, I wish I could disable them in a way I can’t see them and get distracted by the bs that gets thrown around
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 851 ★★★
    @Equalizer24K simple solution...

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,720 ★★★★★
    Expect more. We are getting into pride month in few hours. Turn off global if you wanna save your mental peace.
  • Options
    WayntosWayntos Posts: 601 ★★
    Why you letting people live rent free in your mind! Ban/block them so you don't have to see their garbage and move on. You just made them a bigger star than they needed to be. Everyone so sensitive nowadays.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,089 ★★★★
    Turn off global
  • Options
    AmbjonyAmbjony Posts: 201 ★★
    Wow. I can relate. i don't tend to read global, but I'm an spaniard gay player and most of spanish speaking players, probably teens from latin american country where feminism o lgtbiq+ rights are still in early stages make comments absolutely disgraceful. Not only against women or lgtbiq+ community, but also disabled people or any other condition you can imagine. Even in my alliance I have heard homophobic comments, which I ignore just to prevent my mental health, giving the fact that ICCL about people I don't know in real life. In any case, it's sad and it shouldn't happen. I don't think the solution should be turn off the chat, it's like killing a fly with bombs (spanish expresssion I don't know if I can translate). But it it exists it should have some kind of moderation.