**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Spring of Sorrow Onslaught

Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 106 ★★
This fight was so terrible it is unreal. First, why did we need to not be able to crit? Just to make a 1.34 mil health pool of one of the hardest defenders in the game seem like a 4 mil health pool? Then, the even worse part, was a node and defender combination that requires intercepting and a defender that literally only dashes back. How do you intercept a defender that only dashes back or blocks? You can’t. And you wonder why people say you don’t test things. Who tested this and thought this was a good defender design? This was absolutely miserable. You should have been put aggression nodes on all fights because of the stupid passive ai but this one ABSOLUTELY needed one. And of all fights to pick to add the deathless king groot to, you choose this one? I know i’m just waisting my breath and usually i know better but this just really grinds my gears. I remember when i liked this kind of content with summer and eternity of pain but you guys sure know how to suck the fun out of everything.

Comments

• Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,021 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

When you crit, you get neuroshocked. That node is actually making the onslaught easier to fight since you crit less.

But in turn your damage output is reduced.
  • Options
    Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 106 ★★
    Pikolu said:

When you crit, you get neuroshocked. That node is actually making the onslaught easier to fight since you crit less.

You have the energy resistance buffs so it wouldn’t hurt you.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,388 ★★★★★
    Smeagz23 said:

Pikolu said:

You be having alot of like 5 times more so it definitely helps u didn’t crital much rocket raccoon show it was hard to mange it without the non critical.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,550 ★★★★★
    Smeagz23 said:

Pikolu said:

Oh, they hurt when you've got a dozen or so. The energy resistance buffs slow them down enough so that you can watch yourself die over ten seconds instead of two. So... that's nice...
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 646 ★★★
    People need to stop whining and complaining, this is nowhere near Absman last season, before they changed him for the 2 round….almost laughable to read what some are writing.

Learn to dex his sp1, pretty easy…
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,021 ★★★★
    GrO_ot78 said:

People need to stop whining and complaining, this is nowhere near Absman last season, before they changed him for the 2 round….almost laughable to read what some are writing.

That’s crazy, I was getting 1 minute solos left and right with abs haven’t seen that with onslaught yet
  • Options
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 575 ★★★
    edited May 30

I was dreading this fight. I dropped some explicatives when I saw this was onslaught week AND we had the extra deathless king groot objective attached to it.

This is actually a cleverly designed fight. Much like the Dani fight, kabam is basically saying “hey, dex this special for a few minutes and you win.” The nodes all find ways to mitigate onslaughts annoying features. Neuroshock? How about energy resistance when dexing specials. Maybe even top some of that lost health with willpower healing from the power sting and the crush debuff that pops up more frequently since the node is manipulating our combo meter. Heck, kabam even gifted us Herc as one of the objectives.

It’s not easy, but manageable. I’m significantly less intimidated by onslaught than I was 12 hours ago.

The nodes/fight design was fine. The AI is the biggest issue for me. He wants to be passive aggressive. Holds block, then either side steps or intercepts me when I go to hit his block. And then he does that super annoying run forward, but it’s not a dash, so I react thinking it’s a dash, and then I’m getting comboed to the face.

Almost every other fight in WoW or SoS the fight is good once you get into the groove. I never found a groove in this one and I felt like I was on edge about what I could/could not do that it just wasn’t enjoyable. Not trying to whine or complain, just saying it wasn’t fun.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,506 ★★★★
    The AI is the hardest part of the fight, for the most part you can't parry him, and you can't punish his heavy, so you gotta rely on the AI not just backing off, blocking, and having a seizure in the middle of the screen and just flailing their hands at thin air rather than actually dash you.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    It's a tough fight.. but tbf, I did need something to force me to learn how to fight him and this will do it 😂
    (I have an Ascended Havok so haven't bothered to learn how to fight him yet)
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    edited May 30
    GrO_ot78 said:

I would disagree because absman didnt cripple damage and had a quit out option for the regen so it could be brute forced even if not soloed for the majority of people.

No one would say absman specials are hard to dex compared to onslaught and brute forcing onslaught for all but the herc objective is almost impossible without being very, very expensive.

• Options

GrO_ot78 said:

I would disagree because absman didnt cripple damage and had a quit out option for the regen so it could be brute forced even if not soloed for the majority of people.

No one would say absman specials are hard to dex compared to onslaught and brute forcing onslaught for all but the herc objective is almost impossible without being very, very expensive.

Very, very expensive ?

A lot of players solo’ed this fight with Herc, some used a revive or 2…expensive is not the word you’re looking for…

I solo’ed Absman with Void, but that was a looooong fight and only 1 point…I couldn’t do it with other champs. Onslaught got plenty good options.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 802 ★★★★

GrO_ot78 said:

That’s crazy, I was getting 1 minute solos left and right with abs haven’t seen that with onslaught yet
    This is an very interesting point.

We definitely get a very polar feeling and response from players about these fights, and to be honest everyone is right in their own way, their struggles or lack of, it is all based on their own experience with the fights. I have my own thoughts about Abs Man and Onslaught fights (which is not the point here).

What is interesting is even though most would agreed that Abs Man was overtune (before the rework), we did see a lot of solo (even as soon as the content drop), I remember watching KarateMike, KT1 and later MSD showing solos.

However for this Onslaught fight, I watch KarateMike (since I think that was there only one on when the content drop), and I haven't never seen KarateMike was that frustrated/"struggled" with the fight, the closed I seen was when he did CCP Animal Instincts, I think the Mojo fight (and that was only slight). I don't believe there were any solos, and he didn't even do the DKG challenge on stream.

When I said this I mean relatively to how KarateMike are (usually pretty chill and laugh it of). All of what I said is not a reflection of KarateMike but of the fight itself. I think I even hear he mentioned MSD was also thrown by the AI too, and KT1 have really upload anything yet.

Sure is interesting 🤔
  • Options
    Average_DesiAverage_Desi Posts: 197 ★★
    Smeagz23 said:

Pikolu said:

Not at all lol. One sp2 from Shang chi and you lose so much health because of the crits. I even died in one before I could finish the so2.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,557 ★★★★★

Smeagz23 said:

Pikolu said:

Not at all lol. One sp2 from Shang chi and you lose so much health because of the crits. I even died in one before I could finish the so2.
    This depends on the rank. I had 7* r2 Shang, and he can inflict 2 sp2 and still can survive. But if yours is 6* r4 or low, you can die on single sp2.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78 said:

GrO_ot78 said:

Very, very expensive ?

A lot of players solo’ed this fight with Herc, some used a revive or 2…expensive is not the word you’re looking for…

I solo’ed Absman with Void, but that was a looooong fight and only 1 point…I couldn’t do it with other champs. Onslaught got plenty good options.
    Was void an objective for absman?

Please enlighten all on the plenty good options for onslaught if dexing sp1 is not required.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 947 ★★★★★
    Glad I learned to dex the sp1…actually pretty good at it now after lots of tries. But I am just tired of the garbage AI that holds block or can shallow/intercept at will. One combo to the face and all the effort and skill to dex his special 1 is pointless.

Marvel Contest of Intercepting with this AI sucks. It’s not challenging… it’s a Russian roulette app.

I will take the 2 points Herc gave me and forget it.
  • Options
    Plenty of people soloing with herc really means X% that you know of managed a solo. Herc didn't cost me much and I'm no good. Herc is bad example.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    GrO_ot78 said:

GrO_ot78 said:

Very, very expensive ?

When he said "brute forcing Onslaught for all but the Herc objective...," he meant brute forcing with anyone BESIDES Herc is expensive.

It's like in books or movies where a city is surrounded or something by enemies and someone says "this city is all but lost"
  • Options
    Kabam did us all a favour by allowing herc.
  • Options
    JimbobafettJimbobafett Posts: 3
    edited May 31
    After trying this for the first 10-15 times I thought it would be a nightmare but after practicing evading his s1 I eventually got it. Took an hour or two of practice but I quite enjoyed it in the end.
    Took around 18 revives across 3 fights but nowhere near as bad as I originally thought it was going to be. Needs a lot of practice but it can be done.
    I used Shang-Chi (6*r5A), Photon (6*r5A), and 7*r2 KGroot Deathless.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,423 ★★★★★
    Fryday said:

GrO_ot78 said:

This is an very interesting point.

We definitely get a very polar feeling and response from players about these fights, and to be honest everyone is right in their own way, their struggles or lack of, it is all based on their own experience with the fights. I have my own thoughts about Abs Man and Onslaught fights (which is not the point here).

What is interesting is even though most would agreed that Abs Man was overtune (before the rework), we did see a lot of solo (even as soon as the content drop), I remember watching KarateMike, KT1 and later MSD showing solos.

However for this Onslaught fight, I watch KarateMike (since I think that was there only one on when the content drop), and I haven't never seen KarateMike was that frustrated/"struggled" with the fight, the closed I seen was when he did CCP Animal Instincts, I think the Mojo fight (and that was only slight). I don't believe there were any solos, and he didn't even do the DKG challenge on stream.

When I said this I mean relatively to how KarateMike are (usually pretty chill and laugh it of). All of what I said is not a reflection of KarateMike but of the fight itself. I think I even hear he mentioned MSD was also thrown by the AI too, and KT1 have really upload anything yet.

Sure is interesting 🤔
    This Onslaught fight is pure skill other than the AI though. Dex the sp1, get your openings. I don’t think content like this should just be brute forced and even DkG can get a solo if you play well enough 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,943 ★★★★★

GrO_ot78 said:

Where was the quit out option? Clearly you didn't fight him in week one, as the post you quoted stated ("before they changed him in round 2", aka, the gauntlet) because in week one, if you died, you had to restart unless you used OG hulk with a very specific strategy.
    Oh hulk was only one objective.
    Sandman, it was either solo or restart.
    Same with robots.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,943 ★★★★★

GrO_ot78 said:

GrO_ot78 said:

Very, very expensive ?

Please enlighten all on the plenty good options for onslaught if dexing sp1 is not required.
    Where did he say dsxing sp1 isn't required?
    What are you on about here?
  • Options

GrO_ot78 said:

GrO_ot78 said:

Very, very expensive ?

No, Void was not an objective for Absman, thats why I wrote 1 point…

Just go to the SOS Onslaught thread, there you will see that players have Onslaught solos with CAIW, Void, Shang-Chi, Falcon and Ant-Man...Ant-Man (!!!) Ant-Man ‼️‼️‼️
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 261 ★★★
    I used r4 6* Ultron for the Carina challenger objective about 11 revives there and herc for 2021 hero about 4 revives, and with suicides on and 30 min boosts, just glad it’s over lol
  • Options
    WayntosWayntos Posts: 601 ★★
    Working as intended spend those units before July 4th!! $$$