**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Onslaught SOS

gash228gash228 Posts: 108
Onslaught fight is absolutely awful. Not that it's too hard, I think it's actually not all that unreasonable. But the AI is just atrocious. Light intercepts. Special intercepts, refusing to throw specials, and the inconsistent recovery time after SP1. I have completed this fight 3 times, spending 8 revives and a bunch of heal potions in total. Overall, not too much spent. But, come on, Kabam, you can't say this AI is intentional.

Comments

• Options
    Mrt9810Mrt9810 Posts: 68
    For me it wasnt so much the ai but more the speed at which he recovers from heveys/ sp. The unstoppable last a good deal after the heavy would contact, shrinking the window to counter extremely small. With the sp blast happens and after the dext hes often able to recover to light intercept. Not sure if its the animations or just an intent to his design but that has been the worst part.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,032 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

I'm still confused why Kabam made fully dexing his sp1 feels so unrewarding, like you can't even punish him for using that long of special attack, in any game mode, ****.

Even Dani sp2 dex have window to punish her, Doom sp2 is punishable, Bishop sp2 is punishable, all devestating special dex are punishable as a skill reward but for some reason onslaught recovers a second early, every single time.

Cuz onslaught = $$$$
  • Options
    Sector1988Sector1988 Posts: 29
    It is a tough fight, probably more inline with what is to be expected with this type of content, it sucks for sure. This is one fight I'm not too bothered by using revives and health potions. It does however teach you how to Dex his SP1. Also there is a way to punish his SP1 but I find it inconsistent.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 826 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

I'm still confused why Kabam made fully dexing his sp1 feels so unrewarding, like you can't even punish him for using that long of special attack, in any game mode, ****.

Even Dani sp2 dex have window to punish her, Doom sp2 is punishable, Bishop sp2 is punishable, all devestating special dex are punishable as a skill reward but for some reason onslaught recovers a second early, every single time.

You can punish his sp1 though...
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,717 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

He will parry you atleast half the time, which is just instant death in bgs/AW
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,551 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

No there’s a way to do it if you dex in before the last hit
  • Options

PT_99 said:

Yes, the timing is tight depending on the champ. If you're not fast enough you will get parried. It's the same with other specials.
  • Options
    kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 244 ★★★

Practice, practice, practice. I was like you after seeing MSD doing it. Tried, got slapped, tried again... got slapped.
    But, after several attempts and practice on my own Onslaught (no energy and free practice) I was able to do my run with CAIW for 2 objectives. Did I get a solo? of course not, I spent about 5 revives but I did it and I was able to punish his SP1 pretty much all the time.
    I feel the unstoppable on heavy is a bit much since it forces you to intercept (crappy AI will punish you for that and you'll either get comboed or parried) OR punish his SP1. Learning how to dex and punish his SP1 is very valuable imo and is probably the only silver lining of this horrible fight...
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,222 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

It's 80-20, RNG based.
    Watch any YouTube SoS guide, everyone will suggest to not punish his sp1 because it's so unreliable
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,421 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

It's 80-20, RNG based.
    Watch any YouTube SoS guide, everyone will suggest to not punish his sp1 because it's so unreliable
    I punished it 90 time without getting parrying.

• Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 977 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

You can punish his Sp1. After the 4th projectile, dash forward, dex back, and dash forward to punish.

https://youtu.be/OJCThkMMcGI
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 268 ★★
    phil56201 said:

PT_99 said:

You can punish his Sp1. After the 4th projectile, dash forward, dex back, and dash forward to punish.

I’ve tried this so many times. Immediately dashing in after the 4th projectile and I will still be mid medium attack and he smacks me in the face with the last projectile
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 677 ★★★
    Grub88 said:

phil56201 said:

PT_99 said:

I’ve tried this so many times. Immediately dashing in after the 4th projectile and I will still be mid medium attack and he smacks me in the face with the last projectile
    Same, maybe different have different recovery speed for medium attacks because the window for the dash back is extremely tight
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 977 ★★★
    It's very tough. You have to dash in when he glows blue and then immediately swipe back even before your champions dash in animation ends.
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 953 ★★★
    I also can't punish sp1, starting to think it's a device issue. Did it the old fashion way with Herc, Chi, and Photon
  • Options
    Hendross said:

I also can't punish sp1, starting to think it's a device issue. Did it the old fashion way with Herc, Chi, and Photon

Didn’t need to do Herc and Chi though
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 956 ★★★
    #showcapsolo
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 268 ★★
    The worst fight ever!! Complete RNG fest, 2 of the same action will have 2 complete different outcomes. Never throws a special against DKG (total gaslight from Kabam on AI special fix). Absurb they never fixed Onslaught on the balance update another L for Kabam
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 474 ★★★
    Am I crazy for thinking his AI is acting differently with different attackers? Used photon and it went really smoothly. But using bigger champions (ibom, deathless KG), he’s holding specials, shallow evades… I think I’ve hit him more while he dashes back than I have intercepted him