**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Ranking 6 stars that exist as 7 stars

D3fuD3fu Posts: 50
Just looking for others' opinions because I personally feel like it'd be a mistake for me to rank up a good 6 star that also exists as a 7 star because what if I get that champion as a 7 star right after? I know the champs that greatly benefit from having a high sig level are probably better to rank as 6 stars because of how valuable 7 star sig stones are currently but just generally is it silly to rank up a 6 star when you may get the 7 star at some point? For example Mantis or Bullseye or Black Cat or Quicksilver

I'm also holding back on ranking up my Hit-Monkey because I'm scared he'll just get added as a 7 star right after. Am I just overthinking it? 😭😭😭

Comments

• Options
    BigTuna_2054BigTuna_2054 Posts: 28
    Some champs require high sig (crossbones, omega red, etc…) so r5 ascending a 6* sig 200 Crossbones is what I am doing over R2ing my unawakened 7* crossbones.
  • Options
    Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Posts: 281
    D3fu said:

Just looking for others' opinions because I personally feel like it'd be a mistake for me to rank up a good 6 star that also exists as a 7 star because what if I get that champion as a 7 star right after? I know the champs that greatly benefit from having a high sig level are probably better to rank as 6 stars because of how valuable 7 star sig stones are currently but just generally is it silly to rank up a 6 star when you may get the 7 star at some point? For example Mantis or Bullseye or Black Cat or Quicksilver

I'm also holding back on ranking up my Hit-Monkey because I'm scared he'll just get added as a 7 star right after. Am I just overthinking it? 😭😭😭

Push them upto only 6*r3 only or max their 5* version
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,334 ★★★★★

My strategy for such champs is
    - If they're available in the TITAN - Don't rank them
    - if they're Available in loyalty/Incursions/any other limited pool crystals - Don't rank them
    - If they're available in the basic - Don't take them to R5 (UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY)

I personally prefer r4 + Ascension instead of R5 because r5s use the same class mats as 7* champs, so it's wiser to get the extra rank bonus from ascension instead of wasting essential catalysts.

Same rule but If I seem to not pull a champ for a long time, I'll r5 him as 6*.

That's why my Bishop is 6* r5.
  • Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 1,049 ★★★
    I will Ranking up my favourite Champs without considering number of star⭐ , but now my priority is 6* maybe change in future .
  • Options
    DragmireDragmire Posts: 18
    I think it depends on how frequently you get 7*s. Until you have a somewhat steady stream of 7* coming in there is no real reason to not also focus on good 6*s
  • Options
    shield311shield311 Posts: 373 ★★
    I kinda keep most basic pool champs at r3 (im paragon), this happened with me, i r3 hulk and pulled 7* hulk after raid rewards
    Now I'm doing same for photon and dragon man

Also since onslaught is cracked and im still hunting him from featured should I r5a him? Since many people have already done that and im like 13k shards from my first titan so thats not happening anytime soon
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,097 ★★★★
    edited June 3
    shield311 said:

I kinda keep most basic pool champs at r3 (im paragon), this happened with me, i r3 hulk and pulled 7* hulk after raid rewards
    Now I'm doing same for photon and dragon man

Also since onslaught is cracked and im still hunting him from featured should I r5a him? Since many people have already done that and im like 13k shards from my first titan so thats not happening anytime soon

You probably should I'm in a somewhat similar situation, opened 2 titans couldn't pull Onslaught.
    Now I'm less than half-way from a titan so no way that's happening.
    I'm personally going to r4 (maybe Ascension) , his primary use for me atleast will be mostly for BGs defence.
    Although I'm heavily reconsidering that after the Sos Onslaught fight , I couldn't even see the first hit of Onslaught's special 1 before this, rn after all those objectives and around 50 + tries , I can dodge purely on instict 99% of the time and I'm assuming the same for a lot of people. This a very considerable drop in defensive potential for Onslaught .
    Ofcourse he's a phenomenal attacker too but personally I value his defence more
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,994 ★★★★★
    Use rank up gems on 6* and save the catalysts for 7* not like you can use the rank up gems on a 7* when they are only meant for 6*.
  • Options
    PrentexPrentex Posts: 320 ★★
    For me the focus slowly shifts to 7 stars, but i still R5 6* champs who are not available as 7* or ones i need to do certain objectives / challenges (so i have those avengers for Karatemikes challenge all at 6* R5 ascended...maybe a bit over the top but they all have their use, for example Thor hits pretty hard i used him in my last abyss run for Killmonger, or Ant-Man for SOS Onslaught)

Those R5 cats will become more available anyway, so while the general focus shifts to 7* it's still nothing wrong to R5 the champs you like/use/need atm
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 640 ★★★★
    Take whatever 6* you want to r4

Save your t6cc for 7* champs

Those other materials are pretty easy to come by
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 619 ★★★
    If the champ needs high sig, i’ll rank the 6*…
  • Options
    cscale0725_gmailcscale0725_gmail Posts: 45
    I always remind people to consider how often they open 7*s. If you're like me and only open 7* crystals once or maybe twice a month then chances are very low that you'll get one soon after maxing the 6*. But high sig Champs definitely warrant ranking the 6*
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 594 ★★★
    i recently got 6* kushala. Now the chance of me getting a 7* kushala is getting better since she enters the basic pool. But the overall chance of me not getting her is way more then the chance of me not. If the champ is good and you may need to use them then rank them up. Ima rank up kushala since my mystics are lacking.
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 469 ★★★
    I think it really depends on your roster and how you play the game. Are you a valiant player who moderately spends and has a high 7* champ acquisition rate? Maybe you wait because you’ll have a better chance of getting that desired 7* sooner. If you are ftp, paragon/TB player, your 7* acquisition is slower. You might wait a while to get a champ you want at an sig level that makes them viable.

Echoing what somebody else said - no rank up is a bad rank up if it progresses your account. Maybe that 6* you rank wins you a critical bg match or helps win a war.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    It depends on if you're ranking strictly for progress, or to have fun and also if you wouldn't mind having the 6 and 7* ranked up.

For instance I'm Valiant but getting sick of just ranking champs for BG's given I have all of the important content done so now I'm just focused on having fun.

My favourtoe champ is Odin and have him as a 7* r3 but recently bought 2 xmagica 4-5 gem for 6k units, draining my unit stash to take my 6* Knull to r5, then my r4A Odin to r5 so I have 2 big odins now.

Fun first, always if you're in an endgame position like that but when you're not, it's all about progression and who is gonna help you progress now whether it be in story, necropolis, BG's etc.