Shang Chi vs Onslaught

TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 340 ★★
So I was hoping to get a 7* Shang Chi before I had to do this fight, but sadly no luck. Thus I had to take up my 6* Shang Chi instead and ranked him to R4. Unfortunately I’ve never really used him. Can I get some input on what’s the best strategy on how to use him, particularly with this Onslaught fight? I’ve already taken Onslaught down with my Photon and got pretty decent dexing his SP1. I just don’t really know how to use Shang Chi. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,093 ★★★★★
    You have to play real slow this fight.

First throw a MLLLM combo into his block, it will stun him and give you a charge, Throw a heavy to reset wushu machines. Again throw a MLLLM combo and repeat. You should always throw a heavy into his stun. When you stun him, and you have a neuroshock, you can dash back and dash in and throw a heavy, There's enough window for that.

When onslaught gets to his sp1, bait it and COMPLETELY DEX ALL HITS OF SP1. His sp1 applies organic magnetism debuffs which reduces your ability accuracy of stun into block.

Never parry, so you can heal from willpower. Always get to sp3 and throw them until you accumulate enough charges.

This is the damage of my 7* r2 shang no suicides sig 20. Keep this for reference and decide how much charges a 6* r4 would need.

https://youtu.be/ZN7tLgQsnCQ?feature=shared
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
    @captain_rogers don't you think only doing a MLLLM into the block and getting 1 charge per cycle is too slow, making a sluggish fight even more dragged out?

@TikkaMasala You can do a MLLLM + MM and then heavy to reset, so you get 2 wushu charges every cycle instead of 1, yes you'll take some neuroshock damage but it's too little when you have the energy resists on(After the first special 1 you'll almost always have a few energy resists on) The willpower healing will more than make up for it.

Even if you do get daunted, you can still take some neuroshock damage and come out with a solo, during my solo I got daunted at around 50 or 60 something charges but I was at 97% health then, when I finished the fight I came out with 55% health.

And if you're going to use a r4 I'd say the minimum charges you need to one shot him with a sp2 is somewhere on the high end of 80 or 90+ charges, just throw in some boosts for good measure
  • Caleb1705Caleb1705 Member Posts: 259 ★★★
    Shang Chi will stun the opponent with an MLLLM combo, which also works when you hit the combo into an opponent's block. You can throw an MM combo once Onslaught is stunned to inflict a slow debuff and gain an additional precision buff. Then heavy attack before the stun ends to reset Shang's wushu charges. You'll basically repeat this until you're ready to throw a special 2 for the biggest damage.
    Since Shang Chi can stun into block, there isn't any real need to punish specials as he can make his own openings. Just fully evade Onslaught's Sp1 to gain the energy resistance buffs. He can also go unlockable by throwing an MLLM combo for an additional opening, but be careful with this one as I noticed Onslaught will recover and attack back very quickly.
    MLM combo will purify 3 debuffs from SC. You have time to do this while Onslaught is stunned instead of the MM combo, but there isn't any way to prioritize which debuffs get purified so you'll probably use this the least (if at all).
    I'm nowhere near the best player and did it in 6 revives with a boosted 6r3.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,093 ★★★★★
    @Priyabrata I used the stun to dash back and remove a neuroshock. I took it slow because as long as you can dex his special, you can pretty much easily defeat him.
  • Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Member Posts: 368 ★★★
    @TikkaMasala you don't need to one shot him. I wasn't as confident in my abilities so I went sp3->sp2 every time. Got him down in 2 revives.
    I went MLLM->MLLLM->MM->H the whole fight.
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 340 ★★
    Thank you all!! This is all so helpful. I’ll get it done tonight then! 🤞